The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 02-13-2021, 01:22 PM   #1
The Turtle Terminator
Mad Scientist

Next Mutation removed from Netflix

Looks like NM has been removed from Netflix, or at least it is in the UK. I’m sure we are all going to miss it from the deepest recessions of our hearts
Old 02-13-2021, 01:28 PM   #2
neatoman
Emperor

Uh... yeah... "miss"...

Who the hell owns this show by the way? Saban? Disney? Hasbro?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 01:33 PM   #3
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Also removed in the U.S., noticed that night before last.

Why even remove it? Little disappointed as I'd still been wanting to get my nephew into it, once his attention span is a little longer, since it's rather tame and a show a 4-year-old might appreciate more than us older fans.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 01:38 PM   #4
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I'm sad, I love Ninja Turtles The Next Mutation & wanted a season 2. I think in the power rangers thread it was announced basically all the Saban shows were going to be removed so I did do a rewatch of The Next Mutation before it was taken off, they only gave us a 1 month warning but it was enough for me to watch all episodes and the crossover. I still think it's great for what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post

Who the hell owns this show by the way? Saban? Disney? Hasbro?
Hasbro owns it now. Disney owned it when Saban sold to them but when saban bought the rights back of Power Rangers it included their other tokusatsu shows including Ninja Turtles, VR Troopers and Big Bad Beetleborgs among all the Power Rangers seasons. The only two that apparently saban don't own are the knights of tir na nog and masked rider. Masked Rider might be because of Toei's rights to Kamen Rider, who knows but they can still air the power rangers crossover with masked rider. Knights of tir na nog was an entirely original production so maybe it wasn't counted as part of the adaptations saban bought? so Disney might own them. Unsure why Ninja Turtles were included in the sale to saban though maybe they didn't care for the franchises they couldn't fully own which makes sense.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 09:26 PM   #5
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Also removed in the U.S., noticed that night before last.

Why even remove it? Little disappointed as I'd still been wanting to get my nephew into it, once his attention span is a little longer, since it's rather tame and a show a 4-year-old might appreciate more than us older fans.
Wait, it's gone from Netflix now?

That's a shame. Next Mutation was a guilty pleasure for me. I rewatched it a few months ago and I thought it was enjoyable even though it's far from what I've want from TMNT. I'll miss it.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 10:45 PM   #6
CyberCubed
Overlord

I mean if you really want to watch it, it's also out on DVDs or just use a quick google search and watch it on some random site if you're desperate.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 10:49 PM   #7
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

In other good news, Chapelle's Show is back on Netflix.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 10:49 PM   #8
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Was it available in HD there? I never checked it out.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 08:58 AM   #9
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

You can buy it digitally on Amazon Prime Video. Though only in SD and its the entire season.
https://www.amazon.com/Ninja-Turtles.../dp/B008S3QO8S
Old 02-14-2021, 09:09 AM   #10
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Hasbro the new owner of Power Rangers (and because of it owns The Next Mutation/VR Troopers/Beetleborgs) announced that the seasons that left Netflix of Power Rangers would be on their youtube channel for free. I wonder if that'll include Ninja Turtles TNM and the other Saban toku shows that they own. I hope so.

The Next Mutation is SD because it was done on tape and I doubt it'll get any remaster ever, an HD version just doesn't exist natively. Since the ranger fandom was aware the saban toku shows were leaving I did watch TNM one last time so I'm happy.
Old 02-14-2021, 10:25 AM   #11
The-Shredder
Hench Mutant

Speaking of which, anyone know where we can find the original 1997 Fox Kids edits of the show? The ones on DVD removed certain scenes and background music, most notably the theme song.
The-Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 10:31 AM   #12
srmff
Foot Soldier

Oh well, I guess that I'll never watch the Next Mutation now unless it returns. I'm not going to pay money to watch it.
srmff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 11:04 AM   #13
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Shredder View Post
Speaking of which, anyone know where we can find the original 1997 Fox Kids edits of the show? The ones on DVD removed certain scenes and background music, most notably the theme song.
Not sure. This reminds me of when I bought a VHS tape that contained the first five episodes of East Meets West, and they cut out a lot of parts including every scene where Leo was determined to break the brick with his head (lol) from the first episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srmff View Post
Oh well, I guess that I'll never watch the Next Mutation now unless it returns. I'm not going to pay money to watch it.
There's some websites you can watch it on for free including Watch Cartoon Online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Hasbro the new owner of Power Rangers (and because of it owns The Next Mutation/VR Troopers/Beetleborgs) announced that the seasons that left Netflix of Power Rangers would be on their youtube channel for free. I wonder if that'll include Ninja Turtles TNM and the other Saban toku shows that they own. I hope so.

The Next Mutation is SD because it was done on tape and I doubt it'll get any remaster ever, an HD version just doesn't exist natively. Since the ranger fandom was aware the saban toku shows were leaving I did watch TNM one last time so I'm happy.
Do you have a link to what the supposed Season 2 of this show was going to be like? I think you posted it in the Power Rangers thread but I don't feel like looking for it.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 11:30 AM   #14
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
N
Do you have a link to what the supposed Season 2 of this show was going to be like? I think you posted it in the Power Rangers thread but I don't feel like looking for it.
All the info with various sources from real ones to speculative ones of what a season 2 of ninja turtles the next mutation could've been

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Shredder View Post
In the mid 00's I downloaded a torrent with all the original Fox Kids broadcast of the next mutation but I don't know if that's still available or if you can only download the new version that came out on dvd/netflix.

Was there anything really edited? Obviously the theme song is different and replaced in the actual show when the theme was used for the new one. But was the background music really different?

I don't remember any memorable themes in the original show so I can't compare and have no idea if the BGM is actually different in the show or not. Saban did sell the rights to their music licenses but Power Rangers, VR Troopers and Beetleborgs weren't affected so why would The Next Mutation be? I don't know and I've heard conflicting reports of people saying that the BGM is different or not.

I doubt there are any edits for content though, what certain scenes do you think were removed. The only thing that felt off while rewatching the show was I heard less "slapstick" noises from the turtles that I remember were very prominent my first time I watched the original versions but that just might be me misremembering, and if they did remove the slapstick noises then it was for the better.
Old 02-14-2021, 12:32 PM   #15
The Turtle Terminator
Mad Scientist

The Hero Turtles edits are available on DVD in the UK, which cut out some of the shots/trim episodes down. The YouTube channel Phelous https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...ZZeBALNcrv_F6o contains video reviews for each episode of the series, highlighting changes between versions and whatnot.

There must be at leat 5+ versions of this show, not to take into account foreign dubs
Old 02-14-2021, 12:37 PM   #16
The-Shredder
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
All the info with various sources from real ones to speculative ones of what a season 2 of ninja turtles the next mutation could've been
I doubt there are any edits for content though, what certain scenes do you think were removed. The only thing that felt off while rewatching the show was I heard less "slapstick" noises from the turtles that I remember were very prominent my first time I watched the original versions but that just might be me misremembering, and if they did remove the slapstick noises then it was for the better.
For example, in "East Meets West, Part 1," the music where Raphael rides his motorcycle and the Turtles drive the humvee is different. Also, the scene where Shredder chastises the Foot Soldiers after Splinter defeats them cuts some of the more amusing moments out. A comparison is at 8:31 in the video. There was also a Batman & Robin billboard in one of the shots that got cut as well.

The-Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 05:56 PM   #17
Prowler
Emperor

Who cares?!

...ok I know this is a TMNT forum haha, but in all seriousness, who was even watching this?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 06:01 PM   #18
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Who cares?!

...ok I know this is a TMNT forum haha, but in all seriousness, who was even watching this?
Some may wanna see it due to nostalgia.
Old 02-14-2021, 06:06 PM   #19
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Some may wanna see it due to nostalgia.
Obviously. I'm just being facetious.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 07:13 PM   #20
ABrown
Banned

I tried to watch it. Never made it through though. Any time that I would turn it on (on Netflix), I would end up falling asleep. Oh well.

ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote