The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 12:56 PM   #1
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Official TMNT: Out Of The Shadows Review Thread (There Might Be Spoilers)

This will be the official thread for all reviews regarding TMNT: Out Of The Shadows, the sequel will have an advance screening on Saturday May 21st in LA, followed by the official premiere on Sunday May 22nd in NYC.

Be sure to use the Spoiler tag when talking about specific scenes, or plot points.

Someone needs to sticky this thread.
Old 05-21-2016, 02:29 PM   #2
Vicky82
Emperor

Someone has seen it and he's happy.

Andre Meadows ‏@BlackNerd 1m
It's official! I have seen Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Out of the Shadows! Cowabunga! #TMNT2

https://twitter.com/BlackNerd/status/734118449052454912

Old 05-21-2016, 02:38 PM   #3
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Bare in mind, Andre may have a different perspective of TMNT in general than we do.
Old 05-21-2016, 02:40 PM   #4
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
Bare in mind, Andre may have a different perspective of TMNT in general than we do.
like all the interviews and access he was granted.

Don't blame him, I probably would too.

But yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
Old 05-21-2016, 02:40 PM   #5
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
I don't think he enjoyed the last movie though.

Old 05-21-2016, 02:47 PM   #6
letscook89
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Concerning the last movie he said he enjoyed the turtles parts and wanted more of it.
Old 05-21-2016, 02:47 PM   #7
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Andre hated the first movie from his review of it.
Old 05-21-2016, 03:32 PM   #8
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Someone has seen it and he's happy.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CjAc1XsUgAEwhhu.jpg

Andre Meadows ‏@BlackNerd 1m
It's official! I have seen Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Out of the Shadows! Cowabunga! #TMNT2

https://twitter.com/BlackNerd/status/734118449052454912
Andre does some videos for Regal Cinema, so they most likely hooked him up for a press screening.
Old 05-21-2016, 03:34 PM   #9
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

As much as I like Andre, he's probably going to be paid to like this one.
Old 05-21-2016, 03:37 PM   #10
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foombamaroom View Post
As much as I like Andre, he's probably going to be paid to like this one.
With all the prior exclusive treatment, attention, and perks he's received, I highly doubt he went into this one with an impartial and unbiased attitude.

Still. He's a nice guy, and I'd quite likely do the same.
Old 05-21-2016, 03:40 PM   #11
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

Quote:
With all the prior exclusive treatment, attention, and perks he's received, I highly doubt he went into this one with an impartial and unbiased attitude.

Yeah, agreed. I don't think you can blame him because he really is living the dream. He gets to go to all of the premieres of movies and see them early and what not, plus he gets a lot of exclusive content. AND he's making money from YouTube. Dude's living the life, and he's a really nice guy.
Old 05-21-2016, 03:55 PM   #12
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foombamaroom View Post
Yeah, agreed. I don't think you can blame him because he really is living the dream. He gets to go to all of the premieres of movies and see them early and what not, plus he gets a lot of exclusive content. AND he's making money from YouTube. Dude's living the life, and he's a really nice guy.
Exactly. His review isn't going to mean anything to me in terms of the movie's actual quality, but I don't hold it against him. Andre is living the dream.

If only the movies were actually good, that dream would be so much better.
Old 05-21-2016, 04:09 PM   #13
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I remember watching his review of the first one and he liked it. For all the flaws he found he thought the turtles worked very well and I agreed with him and his views. But yeah it's not like he hated the first movie for those who do hate it.

I do think he's overly positive on things even if not in a maleficent way. I mean if he's invited to an event about something he loves he'll automatically think it was a great time even if he didn't mean to be biased. This is why almost all early reviews are positive. I used to like him more before but yeah he's definitely a promotional tool for companies so I don't really trust his opinions not because they pay him but like someone mentioned "he's living the dream", being paid to geek out over stuff. I enjoyed his "i'm an awkward nerd" videos he did before more.

I liked the first one for the most part, it had flaws and I think this one will be good for me but we'll see. I won't even look at the reviews before I see it. I want an unbiased watch and even reading a negative review makes you already go expecting something
Old 05-21-2016, 04:38 PM   #14
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

If I were to summarize his review of the first movie in one sentence, it'd be something like: "It was a bad movie, but I had a fun time with it."

I know that he, along with a lot of people, enjoyed the second half of the movie where it was more Turtle-focused, but I don't think he really loved the movie.
Old 05-21-2016, 04:42 PM   #15
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I thought this would be more appropriate here, sethmartin got to see the film in LA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sethmartin View Post
I know a lot of cynical people on here are going to assume that I'm just some lame lover of all things turtles and can't admit when something is bad. Keep in mind though, that I trashed the last film on numerous occasions, had the same gripes and complaints as a lot of people on here, and I also thought the turtles turning human concept was ridiculous, and figured that this new film was just a movie done by committee and might be fun but wasn't going to be anything special.

That being said, I'm still sitting here dumbfounded over how impressed I was with this movie. I'm still processing it so I'll do a full review tonight. Right now just a few things...

This is NOT an April and Casey movie featuring the turtles. In fact, they have very few scenes where there isn't a turtle or a villain present. The turtles are the stars. When they aren't on the screen, it's usually the villains who spend a lot of time together so it never felt like an overstock of characters.

Pete Ploznek is Leonardo. There's no Johnny Knoxville. Also Leo carrys a bulk of the serious scenes in the movie. Pete is excellent

The turtles are more developed, and since you spend so much more time with them, they actually get to shine in their signature traits rather than last time where things like raph being angry or Donnie being smart felt shoehorned in.

There's no Eric Sacks and not even a mention of his character.

There are some stupid jokes here and there like raph hitting the plane, turtle winking, etc. but they are pretty few and far between and they made all the little kids laugh. For the most part, the movie carrys itself as a pretty serious action/ sci fi film.

The turtles aren't running around in the open like some of the trailers made it seem.

Krang is awesome. Much more serious than the 80s show but still the same character. Tyler perry is also not as cartoony as he was in the trailer. Shredder is a badass.

The movie isn't as predictable as you might think even with all of the trailers and tv spots. There's lots of surprises. Most of the callbacks to previous turtles projects feel more natural this time. The movie is shot better. There are a few shots that actually reminded me of panels from the early comics. the music is fantastic! Not only is the score better but there's also a full soundtrack of great songs.

Basically, it felt like a ninja turtles movie. I loved the ending too
It sounds very promising.
Old 05-21-2016, 06:55 PM   #16
CyberCubed
Overlord

Being better than the first one isn't much of a compliment.
Old 05-21-2016, 07:24 PM   #17
sethmartin
Stone Warrior

I enjoy Andre. Looking forward to his review.
Old 05-21-2016, 07:43 PM   #18
pdizzle
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethmartin View Post
I enjoy Andre. Looking forward to his review.
Are u still going to give a full review tonight?
Old 05-21-2016, 08:49 PM   #19
Commenter 42
Banned

Quote:
Just the slightest of understatements.

Quote:

'

Just a smidge.
Old 05-22-2016, 02:53 PM   #20
Vicky82
Emperor

Found a movie review

http://www.cestlaviekarina.com/2016/...ie-review.html

Quote:
Before I start I have to say that I've always been a TMNT fan, since the early 90's when they first came out and my little brother thought they were the best thing ever. Then came my son in 2003 and we were able to pass along the turtle love. It's been a blast watching these movies come out on the big screen and evolve. Well with that said, I've never been more in love with the turtles like I am now.
They truly made me fall in love with them all over again last night.
The TMNT 2 is the best one yet. We were laughing, dancing and enjoying every single action sequence that had us squealing for more.
Oh and not to mention that it takes place in the best city ever, yes, this might take me look a little bias. Since I do love my city so much, but there's just something so amazing about seeing the turtles kicking butt in the big apple.
It was great seeing an amazing character like Kraang, come to life. Rocksteady and Bebop are not to be left behind. Seeing them on the big screen and not in cartoon form is also very cool and breathtaking for this original turtle lover.
This movie delivered in every way. My mom who is not that big a fan of action movies, left the movie theater loving this one. She said it was just perfect. There are no words for me to explain what it is about this movie but the turtles are seriously better than ever. So cute and green.
Of course a turtle is not complete without its team of human sidekicks and every single one in this movie is great. From April O'neil to mister Casey Jones. All swoon worthy and a perfect combination to this movie.
I will not give away any spoilers, except for one. Which is you better be ready to clap at every single scene. We were all clapping and laughing out loud. First time it is so loud in a good way at a movie theater. It was contagious I tell you. We were also all dancing at the end when the original TMNT song came on.
Your family will love the TMNT and if you know someone who is not that big of a fan, I doubt there is one. Make sure to take him or her also and watch their turtle faith be restored.

Closed Thread

Tags
freakingcreepycutekraang, koolaidcult, movie, out of the shadows, review, tmnt, tmnt2