The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 01-08-2024, 03:28 PM   #21
XERO
Hybrid Theorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Game's almost out, 1/26. Anybody stoked?
Got that b*tch pre-ordered.

I'm ready.

"Travel at the speed of light... then hit the nitro!"
XERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 04:24 PM   #22
Prowler
Emperor

I'll definitely be getting it. Hopefully it has better single player content than Tekken 7 did. Since I only play Street Fighter competitively, I am not buying Tekken to play it online against other people.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 06:58 PM   #23
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I'll definitely be getting it. Hopefully it has better single player content than Tekken 7 did. Since I only play Street Fighter competitively, I am not buying Tekken to play it online against other people.
Like I said, I might eventually get it. Tekken is another one of those where I can play online and get some wins.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 08:27 PM   #24
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by XERO View Post
Got that b*tch pre-ordered.

I'm ready.
That's awesome man. I haven't been really excited about much of anything in a very long time... But I know the feeling, so it's cool that this excites you - I hope the game is awesome!
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 09:22 PM   #25
XERO
Hybrid Theorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
That's awesome man. I haven't been really excited about much of anything in a very long time... But I know the feeling, so it's cool that this excites you - I hope the game is awesome!
I try to gauge my excitement levels when it comes to fighters.

The last time I got excited this much was Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance because I was all like "Yeah! I can't wait to play as Liu Kang (my main) again!"

We all know how that turned out. F*ck that game.

Old 01-08-2024, 10:50 PM   #26
The Inventive Donatello
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
Unless its a PS5 exclusive, youre still able to purchase PS4 games even if you're on the PS5, and some games give you the PS4 version for free if you buy the PS5 version.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
And don't forget about the upgrades. A ton of PS4 games have a PS5 upgrade you can install with the game on your PS5, essentially turning them into PS5 games and dramatically boosting graphics (and even if there isn't an official PS5 upgrade, chances are you'll see big improvements just by playing it on PS5), cutting loading times by 3/4s in some cases, and giving you the use of the pretty awesome haptic feedback of the PS5 controllers.
You guys are right - but he still has to pay for the console. Maybe he has other expenses or just can't justify it. After all, he could buy about 8 or even more full price PS4 games rather than the outlay on a brand new PS5. And - as you suggest - he will be able to play those games still on PS5 cos of BC.

Me personally, I would like a PS5 for sure. But I don't game enough these days to justify buying it when there's still tons on PS4 I can play. Coola is in the same boat as he alludes to - he has lots still to play on PS4 so why upgrade when he has plenty to entertain himself with? He can get a PS5 for cheaper a few years down the line, or do what I did with PS4 and buy it when a big game he likes and the Pro comes out (for me it was Spider-Man).
The Inventive Donatello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 12:06 PM   #27
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Yeah, I'm not gonna pay full price for the PS5 just like I didn't pay full price for the PS4 (got it for 200 or so a few years back on a Black Friday sale).

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2024, 10:20 PM   #28
XERO
Hybrid Theorist

I'm hype for tomorrow! Release day!

Old 01-29-2024, 04:00 PM   #29
XERO
Hybrid Theorist

So, anyone playing?

If you ever want to get a set in, I'm on PSN. Username EdmanXERO.

Old 01-31-2024, 03:50 PM   #30
Kold Pizza
Mouser

My favorite Tekken games growing up were Tekken 3 and Tekken 4. I must admit, I’m not really into fighting games that much anymore like I used to be, especially with companies incorporating things like DLC into games today which has been a turn off for me. But I did see the reviews on websites like Metacritic, it got a lot of positive reviews from critics and users alike. I might give the game a try when I have time on the weekends and I’m not busy working. That’s another thing, when you were younger, you felt like you had all the time in the world to play whatever games you wanted. Now that your are an adult, you time is limited and you find yourself balancing out work hours with the fun hours.
Kold Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 11:00 AM   #31
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by XERO View Post
So, anyone playing?

If you ever want to get a set in, I'm on PSN. Username EdmanXERO.
I think I'm neodb.

Also, how stupid is it that there's no Lei Wulong? They did this same crap with Tekken 7. No Lei Wulong until 2-3 years later, and you have to pay for it.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 02:49 PM   #32
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

They brought in Eddy a couple nights ago. How stupid he wasn't a launch character. He's still super fun to play as but I'm super rusty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kold Pizza View Post
My favorite Tekken games growing up were Tekken 3 and Tekken 4.
It's strange, Tekken 1 and 2 and 3 seemed so distinct, having seen them at the arcades. Then Tekken 4-6 became a bit of a blur with me. For the longest time I'd swear graphically Tekken 7 (7, not wasn't graphically superior to 6, or at least it wasn't much moreso. Tekken 6 is available on PS Network now and wow... that looks really dated. I know what 1-3 look like, but I'd be scared to see what 4 and 5 look like.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote