The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 01-07-2024, 11:14 PM   #41
BlueKatana
Stone Warrior

Saw Leo and Don on the pegs at Target this evening, first time seeing any 2k3 figures in a month, looks like they are selling well.
Old 01-09-2024, 11:42 AM   #42
mikey0
Foot Elite

These have been spotted at Walmart: https://twitter.com/LVFunkoholics/st...95777706012895
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 11:34 AM   #43
Powder
So tired of this place

Would definitely not mind having a set of these. They look like perfect repros. I still have my originals, but they are beat to hell, well loved & played with.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 12:24 PM   #44
BlueKatana
Stone Warrior

Saw a whole set this morning at Walmart, and went for the remaining three since I could get them all at once after getting Leo last month. And plus they were $9.97, two dollars less each than Target.
Old 01-11-2024, 01:42 AM   #45
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

My four arrived from target.com. Will open them later today, didn't have time yet.

Yeah the 11.99 price at Target vs. the supposed sub-$10 price at walmart kinda sucks, but it's a small upcharge to pay just so I can secure them. I don't get around to shopping at walmart often, and their online store sucks, they barely stock even a small portion of the things you can actually find in their physical stores.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 08:42 AM   #46
Drose18
The Catalina Wine Mixer

Targets price definitely beats paying +100$ for the 4 on eBay
Drose18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2024, 11:18 PM   #47
mikey0
Foot Elite

Old 01-28-2024, 10:39 AM   #48
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

I'm tempted to pick these up, but man ... I am not a fan of that dark line work on Mike's front shell. Kind of a weird oversight with that. Also, it's a shame they continue to make Raph a more washed-out shade of green these days than what he originally was. It's nowhere near as noticeable on this one as it was on those 2014 Playmates original line reissues though.

And actually ... watching Toy Shiz's video, that dark line work doesn't look as prominent as Dan's.

Hrmm. Still haven't had the chance to see these in stores just yet, but might be tempted!
Old 01-28-2024, 11:28 AM   #49
Tuxedo Moroboshi
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
I'm tempted to pick these up, but man ... I am not a fan of that dark line work on Mike's front shell. Kind of a weird oversight with that. Also, it's a shame they continue to make Raph a more washed-out shade of green these days than what he originally was. It's nowhere near as noticeable on this one as it was on those 2014 Playmates original line reissues though.

And actually ... watching Toy Shiz's video, that dark line work doesn't look as prominent as Dan's.

Hrmm. Still haven't had the chance to see these in stores just yet, but might be tempted!
The Raph I got has lines about as thick as Dan's Mike figure does, so I'm thinking it's probably just on a per-figure basis what the plastron lines will look like. So, if you're ordering online, it's a big gamble on what you'll get.
Tuxedo Moroboshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2024, 12:26 PM   #50
frank_one
Mad Scientist

I wonder why they used that darker color for knee and elbow pads. It is so noticeable.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2024, 04:13 PM   #51
The-Shredder
Hench Mutant

I'm starting to think that I might have missed the boat on these. I went to my local Target and scanned the barcodes for each figure from my phone and it says they are on clearance for $5.99. Interestingly enough, that's what they used to cost when they were first released over 20 years ago. There is a Michelangelo in stock at a Target that's half an hour away, but that's it. If I have time next weekend, I might go check to see if it's still there.
The-Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2024, 03:06 PM   #52
BlueKatana
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Shredder View Post
I'm starting to think that I might have missed the boat on these. I went to my local Target and scanned the barcodes for each figure from my phone and it says they are on clearance for $5.99. Interestingly enough, that's what they used to cost when they were first released over 20 years ago. There is a Michelangelo in stock at a Target that's half an hour away, but that's it. If I have time next weekend, I might go check to see if it's still there.
I’m genuinely surprised that about like 2-3 months since they first started hitting that they aren’t easy to find yet. I would’ve thought these would be more widely released as they also have close to an evergreen design and are interchangeable with the other classic reissues for kids/parents.
Old 02-11-2024, 09:47 PM   #53
Drose18
The Catalina Wine Mixer

I don't think playmates made enough of these
Drose18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 02:00 PM   #54
Leonarjoe
Mouser

It seems the TMNT comic figures are getting reissued on single cards with a 40th Anniversary sticker.

Various lots are appearing on eBay. I think I may not be able to add images yet on my account and not sure if it’s okay to post an eBay link here even if it is not my link.

I think I remember seeing an image of Playmate promoting these at a con. Is this correct?

EDIT: found the photo earlier in this thread of the comic reissues. Guess they are starting to release now.

Last edited by Leonarjoe; 02-21-2024 at 04:04 PM.
Leonarjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 02:02 PM   #55
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drose18 View Post
I don't think playmates made enough of these
I ordered all four right away so I'm good, but yeah I've been watching for restocks and there don't seem to be much if any happening.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 07:48 PM   #56
BlueKatana
Stone Warrior

Saw a fresh set today at Walmart so hopefully they are still being stocked and those who missed them find them.
Old 03-10-2024, 05:19 PM   #57
mikey0
Foot Elite

These are now at several TRUs in Macy’s stores.
Old 03-11-2024, 04:10 AM   #58
BlueKatana
Stone Warrior

That’s cool, didn’t think Macy’s carried much TMNT before.