The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 03-25-2022, 12:14 AM   #121
Turo602
The King of Kings

That sh*t always bothers me. When I was kid and we watched movies with our cousins, they always got up without telling anyone to pause. As much as it annoys me personally as someone who enjoys watching movies, I find it kind of rude. Like they don't want to be there and don't care if they miss anything as long as the movie is over quicker.

It's why I don't care to watch movies with my brother either as he's very much in his own world whenever a movie is on. He either gets up or is on his phone and the most annoying part, he's usually the one who suggests putting on a movie. I've started ignoring his requests because of this, though it doesn't help that we already have a rocky relationship to begin with. But it's definitely irritating when you feel like the only one who's actually watching the movie when you could be doing anything else with your time.

Oh god, and the questions. I hate it when they ask questions about the movie instead of just watching it. It's always some spoilery ass sh*t too and then they stare at you expecting an answer. Like, are we gonna watch the movie or should I turn it off and tell you what happens?
Old 03-25-2022, 09:57 AM   #122
AquaParade
Banned

Those are all different from when you're just sitting there watching something by yourself and decide to get up.

Watching with someone else? Of course it's annoying to pause the movie and walk away. My dad always does this when I'm over at his place. He'll also do this thing, where he stands up to walk away get something, but finds himself mesmerized by the screen, so he stands there above the couch, in limbo, for like 10-15 minutes, stuck between going to retrieve whatever he needed and watching the movie. Kinda distracting.

On a lighter note, I had a friend who would always look at you and laugh when something funny happened on-screen. Even stand up comedy. After every joke you could count on him looking over at you and "HAHAH!"'ing, to which you have to look back and muster out a "heh."
All in good spirit but used to kinda drive me crazy.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 10:35 AM   #123
AquaParade
Banned

I think Leo gets the most focus in the show, because he has one of the only voice actors with any range. C'hrell sounds pretty cool too.

Voice work is one of the weakest elements of this show. I think it hinders what otherwise feels like a pretty polished production. Especially the side-characters, my goodness.

On the other hand, while fairly generic, the music is pretty well done. It's always fitting, and often enhances the scene. There is also a fair amount of character themes.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 01:07 PM   #124
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turo602 View Post
Oh god, and the questions. I hate it when they ask questions about the movie instead of just watching it. It's always some spoilery ass sh*t too and then they stare at you expecting an answer. Like, are we gonna watch the movie or should I turn it off and tell you what happens?
Very annoying. I'm OK with questions and stuff when people aren't speaking on-screen but if they clearly are... stfu. You might get your answer in the dialogue you're missing right now (that's simultaneously making me miss it, too), and all.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote