The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 09-19-2022, 09:12 AM   #1
Prowler
Emperor

Will April ever be a pretty woman again?

No, this isn't a troll thread.

I'm legitimately wondering this. You might say "why does It matter? She's a cartoon!" but then please explain me why so many female anime and video game characters are clearly hot. Surely it can't be a coincidence.

April's most iconic version is the FW series. I think we can all agree she's a good looking woman there. But, for some reason, April has become a teenage girl ever since the Nick sale and is no longer the Turtles "big human sister".

What's wrong with the TMNT property having its own sexy female character? Doesn't mean they'd have to go overboard. Remember the FW series? They didn't go overboard with April fanservice exactly. April isn't meant to be a flirty and seductive woman, but not all pretty women are like that.

Honestly, every April design should be modeled after the FW April design since that's clearly her best design.

But, for some reason, more and more people seem to have issues with drawing hot female characters nowadays. Apparently finding animated characters attractive makes you some sort of freak nowadays. Well, if being normal requires me to not find Chun-Li, Nico Robin or Taki from Soul Calibur attractive, then I don't want to be normal.

Thoughts?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 09:17 AM   #2
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
No, this isn't a troll thread.

I'm legitimately wondering this. You might say "why does It matter? She's a cartoon!" but then please explain me why so many female anime and video game characters are clearly hot. Surely it can't be a coincidence.

April's most iconic version is the FW series. I think we can all agree she's a good looking woman there. But, for some reason, April has become a teenage girl ever since the Nick sale and is no longer the Turtles "big human sister".

What's wrong with the TMNT property having its own sexy female character? Doesn't mean they'd have to go overboard. Remember the FW series? They didn't go overboard with April fanservice exactly. April isn't meant to be a flirty and seductive woman, but not all pretty women are like that.

Honestly, every April design should be modeled after the FW April design since that's clearly her best design.

But, for some reason, more and more people seem to have issues with drawing hot female characters nowadays. Apparently finding animated characters attractive makes you some sort of freak nowadays. Well, if being normal requires me to not find Chun-Li, Nico Robin or Taki from Soul Calibur attractive, then I don't want to be normal.

Thoughts?
If I was a democrat/lunatic leftist, I'd call you all those -ist names they love.... but thats why April is no longer an attractive adult female. Also, because they want to push pedophilia & bestiality...

And I'd argue that Mirage April is the best version because Mirage is the best version of the Turtles. I'd also like to see Casey be an adult again rather than a teenager. Can be 18 and be both adult & teen after all. Lol
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 09:32 AM   #3
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

It’s highly unlikely. Beauty is now considered to be a sin in the 2020’s, because you’ll end up offending the least attractive population.

I’ve never been pretty, myself, but I don’t want every female character to look like me. I’m not that shallow.
Old 09-19-2022, 09:42 AM   #4
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post
It’s highly unlikely. Beauty is now considered to be a sin in the 2020’s, because you’ll end up offending the least attractive population.

I’ve never been pretty, myself, but I don’t want every female character to look like me. I’m not that shallow.
Most male characters do not look like me either. And that never bothered me either.

I don't want to see an animated version of myself on screen. My life would make a very boring cartoon or video game.

Plus seems ironic for Turtles fans to care so much about this stuff considering they're fans of... 4 talking turtles.
Old 09-19-2022, 09:58 AM   #5
Leo656
The Franchise

Not likely. As you and others have pointed out, Prowler, "hot women" are verboten nowadays, because they make the not-hot ones uncomfortable. Now that she's been shifted from primarily being "The Turtles' Main Human Friend" to "Avatar For The Young Female Audience" as far as her role in the mythos, she's not allowed to be "sexualized". She has to be an "aspirational" figure for little girls, which means no boobs and she probably has to be young because "kids nowadays can't identify with anyone older", or some nonsense.

Never mind that all making April a teenager did was make everyone's Google Image searches a LOT creepier. Great job, Nickelodeon, way to have no foresight whatsoever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
Mirage is the best version of the Turtles
If a person has run out of Ambien, yes.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 10:03 AM   #6
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Not likely. As you and others have pointed out, Prowler, "hot women" are verboten nowadays, because they make the not-hot ones uncomfortable. Now that she's been shifted from primarily being "The Turtles' Main Human Friend" to "Avatar For The Young Female Audience" as far as her role in the mythos, she's not allowed to be "sexualized". She has to be an "aspirational" figure for little girls, which means no boobs and she probably has to be young because "kids nowadays can't identify with anyone older", or some nonsense.

Never mind that all making April a teenager did was make everyone's Google Image searches a LOT creepier. Great job, Nickelodeon, way to have no foresight whatsoever.

If a person has run out of Ambien, yes.
In the next TMNT incarnation they'll probably make April a fat girl.

As for hot women being verboten, that seems mostly restricted to western animation so far. Japan certainly isn't affected yet. As for live action movies... well Hollywood is still a place that cares a ton about looks. No one wants to see fat and ugly actors on screen. So no, Gal Gadot and Scarlett Johansson aren't going away anytime soon.

It's funny though. We're allowed to be shallow about real life people but NOT about cartoon and video game characters?! What kind of logic is that??
Old 09-19-2022, 10:05 AM   #7
IMJ
Emperor

Maybe a pretty one, but not a sexy one. Not until Gen Y has kids who are coming into adulthood and sick of their parent's bull$#!( and goes completely another way culturally.

We used to create archetypes of attractive or strong people and strive to better ourselves after them.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 10:06 AM   #8
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
It's funny though. We're allowed to be shallow about real life people but NOT about cartoon and video game characters?! What kind of logic is that??
We're technically not allowed to be in real life, either. Not long ago I made a comment on a friend's FB about how bad Kelly Clarkson let herself go and I got dogpiled by several people pretty fast. I told them it's not MY fault she quit being sexy and famous because she'd rather eat a whole Birthday cake for breakfast every day, and man that didn't go over well.

Old 09-19-2022, 10:07 AM   #9
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Most male characters do not look like me either. And that never bothered me either.

I don't want to see an animated version of myself on screen. My life would make a very boring cartoon or video game.

Plus seems ironic for Turtles fans to care so much about this stuff considering they're fans of... 4 talking turtles.
I know I’ve said this before, but I can relate to 4 talking turtles better than I can relate to the Eternals, who were supposed to represent “everyone”.

I don’t even like Jennika, who’s the newest female ninja turtle. Like Venus before her, she was created purely for inclusion points. But we’re not living in the 90’s anymore. You have to like the new female character no matter how badly written she is, because otherwise you’re a sexist, or in my case, a woman who is struggling with internalized sexism. They hate sexist male fans, but they especially hate female fans like me because I debunk their own twisted vision of feminism.
Old 09-19-2022, 10:08 AM   #10
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
We used to create archetypes of attractive or strong people and strive to better ourselves after them.
Yeah but now that just makes everyone feel bad.

I knew I'd never be as buff (or tan!) as He-Man or Hulk Hogan. I'm not, and never was, but I still hit the gym anyway.

Nowdays "self-improvement" is bad because it implies there's something wrong with you... and you're perfect and gorgeous Just The Way You Are!

Barf.

Old 09-19-2022, 10:11 AM   #11
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
We're technically not allowed to be in real life, either. Not long ago I made a comment on a friend's FB about how bad Kelly Clarkson let herself go and I got dogpiled by several people pretty fast. I told them it's not MY fault she quit being sexy and famous because she'd rather eat a whole Birthday cake for breakfast every day, and man that didn't go over well.
But that's just people being hypocrites really. Most of the rich and famous people are good looking. Especially women. Would Gal Gadot, Brie Larson and Scarlett Johansson be so popular and wealthy of they were ugly or average looking? Of course not. I think Scarlett is a good actress, but I'm not going to lie, if I didn't think she was attractive, I'd not bother to watch most of her movies. Gal Gadot is a rather mediocre actress, and clearly her hotness makes her acting skills more bearable.

People can deny all they want to but EVERYONE judges people by their looks. Otherwise why would women be required to wear makeup at work and men required to shave as well?

When I had longer hair and walked around with an old pair of jeans with holes in it people would stare at me more often than they do nowadays. And I could tell they weren't looks of approval. They probably just assumed I was a hobo or a junkie. It is what it is.
Old 09-19-2022, 10:15 AM   #12
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
But that's just people being hypocrites really. Most of the rich and famous people are good looking. Especially women. Would Gal Gadot, Brie Larson and Scarlett Johansson be so popular and wealthy of they were ugly or average looking? Of course not. I think Scarlett is a good actress, but I'm not going to lie, if I didn't think she was attractive, I'd not bother to watch most of her movies.
I can’t stand Brie Larson. She may be pretty on the outside, but inside, she’s as attractive as the Xenomorph Queen.
Old 09-19-2022, 10:22 AM   #13
Leo656
The Franchise

White Knights think that White Knighting gets them laid instead of Friend Zoned. But Friend Zoned is where they remain. Because even the same women who whine about "objectification and sexualization" are always gonna choose the hot guy with the sculpted abs over the Pillsbury Doughboy or the Stick-Thin Vegan.

Meanwhile, fat ugly chicks think that normalizing being fat and ugly will get them dick, by screaming "Bigotry!" every time someone doesn't want to have sex with them. Doesn't work that way, because we have Fleshlights now. I mean 99% of guys would literally rather stick their dick in a pencil sharpener than a fatso or a chick with a moustache. That's not gonna change no matter how much people like Lizzo scream "I'm beautiful, stunning and brave!" They're not.

If you want sex, and you don't have money, you gotta take care of yourself. That's it. Crying about how "unfair" or "mean" it is doesn't get anybody anywhere. We're genetically wired to only want to breed with those of "superior breeding stock", which means Attractive People. If you're fat and ugly, your kids will be too, and that's why every single guy's dick retreats like a cockroach in a bomb shelter whenever they see someone like Melissa McCarthy.

Plus it's just REALLY hard to look at fat, ugly people, especially while eating. Just f*cking take care of yourselves, people. It's good manners, other people have to look at you.

Old 09-19-2022, 10:22 AM   #14
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post
I can’t stand Brie Larson. She may be pretty on the outside, but inside, she’s as attractive as the Xenomorph Queen.
I don't know anything about her tbh so I can eaislyt just focus on her exterior lol

Anyway the funny thing about April is, nearly half of these forums members are women and none of them have April as their favourite character. Ando don't think they began liking her more after the Nick series either. Clearly she's not that relatable to girls and women as some would think.

I mean, I'm a guy who likes Sailor Moon. Is Tuxedo Mask my favourite character? No, not even close.
Old 09-19-2022, 10:27 AM   #15
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Anyway the funny thing about April is, nearly half of these forums members are women and none of them have April as their favourite character. Ando don't think they began liking her more after the Nick series either. Clearly she's not that relatable to girls and women as some would think.

I mean, I'm a guy who likes Sailor Moon. Is Tuxedo Mask my favourite character? No, not even close.
“So wait, a character’s gender is not as important as we all thought? Total mindblown!”
- The Current Writers
Old 09-19-2022, 11:01 AM   #16
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I've honestly never looked at any incarnation of April in anything and thought to myself, "Man, April is so hot and sexy!" I just haven't. Maybe the chick on the side of the arcade machine but that's it. Not Turco and not Hoag (though I did find a greater appreciation for Hoag later in life). April seems so clearly presented as big sister/den mother in the only incarnations that aren't shams that thinking about her in sexual terms always seemed icky to me, feeling as a reader as an extension of the Turtles themselves in a way.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 11:02 AM   #17
Leo656
The Franchise

Yeah never once in all my years have I ever heard a single girl say April - or Lotus, or Venus, or Karai, or Kala, or Mona Lisa, or... - was their favorite TMNT character. It's all nonsense, this "people can only relate to characters who represent them" malarkey. It's a solution in search of a problem.

Old 09-19-2022, 11:08 AM   #18
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Not long ago I made a comment on a friend's FB about how bad Kelly Clarkson let herself go and I got dogpiled by several people pretty fast. I told them it's not MY fault she quit being sexy and famous because she'd rather eat a whole Birthday cake for breakfast every day
Savage.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 11:16 AM   #19
Leo656
The Franchise

Dude she's f*cking HUGE now wtf

How do you go from the cover of Maxim to the cover of Tractor Equipment Monthly for f*ck's sake. She's a goddamn mess and her dresses look like tacky tablecloths.

Old 09-19-2022, 11:25 AM   #20
Coola Yagami
Overlord

The reverse is also true. Adelle was a heavy-set gal, she lost weight and looks hotter now, suddenly she's fatphobic and a traitor to the cause.

In the end the Turtles are the main characters and I feel no matter what, girls will still want to look up to them and play as them. Even with April being an action girl now, girls would still rather pretend they're Raph or Mikey. Assuming kids even play pretend anymore and aren't just glued to their phones all the time.

And also, little susie better not yell too loudly that she wishes she was Mikey or her folks might sign her up for gender reassignment.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote