The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 07-19-2020, 01:37 PM   #241
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
You're kidding yourself, brah. Jennika is in it for the long haul. Maybe if we're lucky, Stockman cures Mutant Town at least.
Yep Jennika is here to stay. I think some people have a problem that she's female. They attempted a female Turtle in the past and it didn't work out. Jennika on the other hand seems like a character will grow over time.

As for Stockman curing the people of Mutant Town? Don't bet on it. I don't think he has good intentions. Like come on! Baxter Stockman has always been a villain. Sure it looks like he has good intention to find a cure. But he probably has a hidden agenda and will use this to his own advantage for something sinister.
Old 07-19-2020, 01:38 PM   #242
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
You're kidding yourself, brah. Jennika is in it for the long haul. Maybe if we're lucky, Stockman cures Mutant Town at least.
I don't know. Her question about wheter or not the mutation is permanent, as well as the factor or her mutation being different, might imply she'll be the first successful test subject of a cure. Or she could be written out as staying with the remaining mutants when that whole arc ends. Or... Well, let's be honest here, her very nature makes her more "expendable" than the "real" turtles, so she might be written out in a way that allows for quick drama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I think some people have a problem that she's female.
That is not the reason, it's the most drain-dead and lazy excuse you could come up with. I already laid out the real reason.

She has been around for about four years already and nobody paid any attention to her until last year when she turned into a turtle, that's kind of the thing her defenders ignore about her. If she had not already devloped into something interesting before, what makes you think turning her into a turtle would? Having this character transform into a copy of the main characters does not suddenly make her a good character.
Hahahaha!

Last edited by neatoman; 07-19-2020 at 01:44 PM.
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 01:40 PM   #243
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

As for finding a cure for the mutation. I doubt some people want to change back to normal due to the mutation curing there ailments. Such as maybe someone was suffering some diseases and being turned into a mutant cured that person of the disease. Or people dealing with arthritis.

Think of all the abilities one would have being a mutant. Being a lot more agile. Able to move faster, and most animals they mutate into have night vision.
Old 07-19-2020, 01:48 PM   #244
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
As for finding a cure for the mutation. I doubt some people want to change back to normal due to the mutation curing there ailments. Such as maybe someone was suffering some diseases and being turned into a mutant cured that person of the disease. Or people dealing with arthritis.

Think of all the abilities one would have being a mutant. Being a lot more agile. Able to move faster, and most animals they mutate into have night vision.
"Aw geez, being turned into a giraffe sure has made my life better! Sure, I can't go inside, my family is freaked out by me, scientist might want to experiment on me and there's virtually no benefits I can reap from this... But at least my joints don't hurt anymore, so I might as well stay like this forever!"

Do notice how idiotic this sounds?
Hahahaha!
Old 07-19-2020, 01:59 PM   #245
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

I see Neatoman is being his usual self. Good, because I agree with him. Except that I loved the Jenika/Splinter relationship. Loved her as his apprentice/chunin. Thought she was a neat character.

But then she became a Mutant... Ninja... Turtle. And I read City At War and... I really enjoyed it. A great finale to THE ENTIRE SERIES! But Jenika becoming VENUS was a BAD IDEA! Then... I started hearing buzzing, rumblings of MUTANT TOWN... and you're doubling down and tripling down... throwing your entire series on MORE MUTANTS?

Glad I'm done! Glad they ended #100 without any MAJOR cliffhangers.
PizzaPower1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 02:05 PM   #246
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Honestly, I believe that there is an out if fan reception is leaning negative. If she is well received Jennika will decide she was fated to be a mutant and embrace the change. However, if readership opposes it for the long run she will decide to accept the cure along with the rest of Mutant Town whenever that plotbeat is finished. Will it be after Campbell's 16-20 issue run is over or will Tom do his own plot with Mutant Town is something that will not be known for awhile.

How long can Baxter hold on to the mayorship?
Old 07-19-2020, 02:12 PM   #247
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
"Aw geez, being turned into a giraffe sure has made my life better! Sure, I can't go inside, my family is freaked out by me, scientist might want to experiment on me and there's virtually no benefits I can reap from this... But at least my joints don't hurt anymore, so I might as well stay like this forever!"

Do notice how idiotic this sounds?
Someone could have been dealing with cancer. and turning into a mutant could have cured them of that disease. What if changing back makes that disease come back.
Old 07-19-2020, 02:13 PM   #248
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaPower1985 View Post
I see Neatoman is being his usual self. Good, because I agree with him. Except that I loved the Jenika/Splinter relationship. Loved her as his apprentice/chunin. Thought she was a neat character.

But then she became a Mutant... Ninja... Turtle. And I read City At War and... I really enjoyed it. A great finale to THE ENTIRE SERIES! But Jenika becoming VENUS was a BAD IDEA! Then... I started hearing buzzing, rumblings of MUTANT TOWN... and you're doubling down and tripling down... throwing your entire series on MORE MUTANTS?

Glad I'm done! Glad they ended #100 without any MAJOR cliffhangers.
I guess some people don't like change. The series has a new status quo and its gonna be like that for the foreseeable future in the IDW comics. I'm glad they went with this direction. Because I don't want another rehash. I want things to move forward and into the future with no looking back. This universe continues to evolve and I love that about the comics.
Old 07-19-2020, 02:20 PM   #249
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Honestly, I believe that there is an out if fan reception is leaning negative. If she is well received Jennika will decide she was fated to be a mutant and embrace the change. However, if readership opposes it for the long run she will decide to accept the cure along with the rest of Mutant Town whenever that plotbeat is finished. Will it be after Campbell's 16-20 issue run is over or will Tom do his own plot with Mutant Town is something that will not be known for awhile.

How long can Baxter hold on to the mayorship?
Well he'll probably be forced resign or something when his villainy goes public, that's just how the "Supervillain gets elected" stories tend to go. Much like Hob, just because he's been on the heroes' side for some time now, that just means he's doing what's beneficial, not that he isn't still evil. If you're asking about how long he's actually allowed to be mayor, eight years. The NYC mayor is allowed a maximum of two terms lasting four years each.

Quote:
Someone could have been dealing with cancer. and turning into a mutant could have cured them of that disease. What if changing back makes that disease come back.
And how many of them do you think were dealing with something that serious?

Quote:
I guess some people don't like change. The series has a new status quo and its gonna be like that for the foreseeable future in the IDW comics. I'm glad they went with this direction. Because I don't want another rehash. I want things to move forward and into the future with no looking back. This universe continues to evolve and I love that about the comics.
Just because something is different does not mean it's good. Again, I pointed out why this direction is not going to work out in the long run. On the topic of disease, if you had a type of medicine to treat some condition you have and you don't experience a lot of problem with it, but then it's discontinued and you're forced to use something causing more side-effects, are you going to go "This is good because it's a new experience for me, I was tired of my old medication!"?
Hahahaha!

Last edited by neatoman; 07-19-2020 at 02:29 PM.
Old 07-19-2020, 02:27 PM   #250
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Well he'll probably be forced resign or something when his villainy goes public, that's just how the "Supervillain gets elected" stories tend to go. Much like Hob, just because he's been on the heroes' side for some time now, that just means he's doing what's beneficial, not that he isn't still evil. If you're asking about how long he's actually allowed to be mayor, eight years. The NYC mayor is allowed a maximum of two terms lasting four years each.
I know its 8 years in NYC, I meant the political office held by a villain angle. It never last long. Be it Luthor as president or Kingpin as mayor of NYC among others. It appears that Baxter's beginning of the end is already starting with the mousers wandering around Mutant Town to spy on activities and April set to quit as his assistant by the end of only the second arc in this direction. While I am among those bored out of my mind with Mutant Town and want a quick fix for it and Jennika I also wonder if the Mutant Town angle ends so does Baxter's run as mayor. To see the corrupt politics he can be up to and what his deal with Null is would be an interesting focus, but his downfall will likely be tied to what he does with Mutant Town and of course it is to fit his own egotistical agenda.
Old 07-19-2020, 02:29 PM   #251
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

I don't think Jennika will ever get cured. In all my years, I have never, ever read or seen a story where a person gets turned into something, wants to turn back, and actually succeeds. They either find out it's impossible and accept it, decide that they've gotten used to it and turn down the cure, or change back briefly, only to be forced into a contrived situation where they have to change back to save everyone's life. Or they change back and then die immediately. One of these things will happen eventually, and it probably won't be the dying one. As for mutant town, that's probably here to stay too. They've already showed us several glimpses of a future populated with just as many mutants as humans, and this is probably the first big step linking the present with that future.

Though on the actual subject of this thread, If the new movie ended up being a better finale for the 2012 series, I would be totally fine with that. I hated the Mutant Apocalypse as an ending. I don't care what JK Rowling nonsense Nickelodeon pulls after the fact, Mutant Apocalypse was the intended ending. "Wanted" also doesn't work as an ending, even if it was a good three parter.
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 02:32 PM   #252
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Just because something is different does not mean it's good. Again, I pointed out why this direction is not going to work out in the long run. On the topic of disease, if you had a type of medicine to treat some condition you have and you don't experience a lot of problem with it, but then it's discontinued and you're forced to use something causing more side-effects, are you going to go "This is good because it's a new experience for me, I was tired of my old medication!"?
Some people may not want to deal with taking medicine all the time to treat the disease if the mutation complete cures them of it.
Old 07-19-2020, 02:36 PM   #253
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Some people may not want to deal with taking medicine all the time to treat the disease if the mutation complete cures them of it.
Your ideas about mutating into an animal seem awfully defensive. Just one question, is this something you think a lot about or have fantasized over?
You seem incredibly onboard with the idea of humans becoming animals.
Old 07-19-2020, 02:39 PM   #254
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaPower1985 View Post
Your ideas about mutating into an animal seem awfully defensive. Just one question, is this something you think a lot about or have fantasized over?
You seem incredibly onboard with the idea of humans becoming animals.
I'm no furry or anything. But I often find human characters boring to look at. Beings that look animalistic and so on look way more interesting and cooler to me then your average looking human.
Old 07-19-2020, 02:47 PM   #255
80gmrp
Foot Soldier

Quote:
I'm no furry or anything. But I often find human characters boring to look at. Beings that look animalistic and so on look way more interesting and cooler to me then your average looking human.
Hmm, I personally see both sides to this particular debate. I'm with TigerClaw in that non-human designs can be more interesting, but, by the same token, having too many characters will easily be exhausting, and partially for that reason, I doubt such a scenario will come to the movies in the immediate future.
Old 07-19-2020, 02:58 PM   #256
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

Quote:
You like othe funny animal books? Carl Barks' "Duck Comics" featuring Donald, Huey, Duey, and Louie and Uncle Scrooge are INCREDIBLE comics. They're nearly 80 years old and they remain wonderfully engaging.

I'll give you another recommendation... BLACKSAD!

Old 07-19-2020, 03:05 PM   #257
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
You're missing the point. I wasn't talking about the in-universe subject, I was refering to your attitude that the status quo change was good for the comic, I just picked disease as an analogy because it was topical.

Let's rephrase this with another analogy:
Just because there is a new status quo for the comic, that does not mean it is inherently good. Let's say you have a barber you are fine with, does exactly what you want. One day he quits and there's a new guy who gives you a hideous haircut you have never had before. Just because it's different from what you're used to, it doesn't mean it's good. It's of course not impossible for a new barber to be better than your old one, but your new barber still sucks in comparison to your old.
Hahahaha!
Old 07-19-2020, 03:12 PM   #258
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
You're missing the point. I wasn't talking about the in-universe subject, I was refering to your attitude that the status quo change was good for the comic, I just picked disease as an analogy because it was topical.

Let's rephrase this with another analogy:
Just because there is a new status quo for the comic, that does not mean it is inherently good. Let's say you have a barber you are fine with, does exactly what you want. One day he quits and there's a new guy who gives you a hideous haircut you have never had before. Just because it's different from what you're used to, it doesn't mean it's good. It's of course not impossible for a new barber to be better than your old one, but your new barber still sucks in comparison to your old.
Maybe its not good to you. But its good for me. Because i get to see more fantastical looking characters appear in this comic.
Old 07-19-2020, 03:27 PM   #259
80gmrp
Foot Soldier

I mean, both of you are right in a general sense. Neatoman is right that change isn’t always a good thing, but then again, TigerClaw is also right that what’s good, in most cases, is subjective.

My personal view about the issue at hand: while I do like the idea of more mutants in moderation, I don’t want to be overwhelmed by so many characters that it’s hard to follow any favorites I do have, which I do feel is one of IDW’s flaws. Again, though, my opinion is subjective, meaning, while some people do share that concern with me, others either don’t feel it as strongly or outright disagree.
Old 07-19-2020, 05:07 PM   #260
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Everyone here thinking Jennika will ever go back to being human isn't considering the base politics of the issue and public reception.

C'mon, guys. This is 2020. C'mon.