The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 10-23-2020, 03:26 AM   #1
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Borat 2

So it's on Amazon Prime right now. Unlike the first one, it's fairly pretty politically charged with the "right now" and the election and all, and definitely slanting a certain way. Some chuckles to be had but nothing like the belly laughs I remember from the first.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 12:51 PM   #2
Leo656
The Franchise

I don't think a sequel was necessary.

Plus, the first one was such a phenomenon that I find it hard to believe that he could have pulled the same "scam" on people twice. Even the first one felt pretty staged in a lot of spots. Once the character's on billboards and everyone's doing the voice impersonations, I find it VERY hard to believe that he can go out "in-character" again and "trick" people into saying and doing outlandish things so he can prove a point. Maybe, perhaps, but... I'unno. Feels contrived, now.

I really liked the first one, but only saw it once as that's really all I needed to see of it. No real interest in this one.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 01:20 PM   #3
Sumac
Banned

SBC is pretty big anti-Trumper and seems this movie is just his manifest against him.
Eh, my respect to him goes out of the window.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 03:04 PM   #4
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Did...he essentially honey-trap Giuliani?

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 10:49 PM   #5
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Did...he essentially honey-trap Giuliani?
Ehh... they cut that part a little deceptively/dishonestly. But... possibly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I don't think a sequel was necessary.

Plus, the first one was such a phenomenon that I find it hard to believe that he could have pulled the same "scam" on people twice. Even the first one felt pretty staged in a lot of spots. Once the character's on billboards and everyone's doing the voice impersonations, I find it VERY hard to believe that he can go out "in-character" again and "trick" people into saying and doing outlandish things so he can prove a point.
That's part of an in-story thing in this one. Borat realizes that people will recognize him so he gets other disguises/costumes.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 12:51 PM   #6
CyberCubed
Overlord

I just watched it. For the first 20-30 minutes I was kinda "meh" on it, but the next hour of the film was pretty great. It is hard to believe all this isn't staged though, like going to the abortion clinic and saying he impregnated his daughter or asking the man to buy a cage to put a bunch of girls in. Or even the dance sequence, lol.

Some great lines in this one though, "Will you be my new black wife?" and she responds, "No I will not be your new black wife." at the end.

I also like how every time the concept of Jews comes up, every time he meets a Jewish person they're the nicest and sweetest people he comes across in both films. Meanwhile all the Christian/Catholic people are portrayed as crazy psychopaths who worship Trump, slavery, and hates all muslims. I find it hard to believe some of those southern hicks in the scenes are real people, especially the two people he lived with for awhile in the middle of the height of the corona outbreak.

The best part of the film was the ending though where it's revealed that Borat was the progenitor of the Coronavirus and spread it around the entire world without knowing. I did not see that plot twist coming. Meeting Tom Hanks was icing on the cake. I'm glad the movie came out this year because if it didn't they wouldn't be able to use Covid-19 in the storyline.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote