The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 11-13-2018, 07:37 PM   #61
Mobius37
Thug

Anyone have any issues with damage to their record sleeves? Just received mine today and am less than enthusiastic about how it arrived. Zero damage to the shipping package. Assuming it left warehouse in a damaged state.
Mobius37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 07:28 AM   #62
The-Shredder
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYShell View Post
Also, I don't know if anyone knows this already, but there's been a rip of the 1990 John Du Prez TMNT score on YouTube for the past couple of months! The quality is clear, but the only difference is that there seems to be more low end/bass than the new vinyl release. How did this person get these raw files and how have they been up for the past couple of months? Maybe somebody that worked with Waxwork?

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...TNIhPbilj83VRI
The 1990 movie soundtrack was leaked months before the vinyls came out and part of the SOTO soundtrack was leaked over two years ago. They are on various websites if you know where to look. http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...20#post1758520
The-Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 07:28 AM   #63
DonnieLaForge
Hench Mutant

My copy has what you'd call "split seams" on the top edge of both halves, in the middle. I have heard a few reasons why this can occur. It can happen if the factory folding procedure does not first score the cardboard. Or if the type of cardboard used is not very accepting to folds. It could also be a too-tight jacket forced to split at the weakest point by too-thick 180 gram records. Or it can happen from the records being too loose and sliding around during shipping and punching through.

At any rate I took a picture and will ask them what they will do about it. Many times they have extra jackets, even for limited releases, and can send one free. Or at the least I expect a discount for damaged goods.

This actually happens to probably 25% or more of recent vinyls I have bought online. It makes me mad every time but sometimes I just don't care enough to report it.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 09:23 AM   #64
Mobius37
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
My copy has what you'd call "split seams" on the top edge of both halves, in the middle. I have heard a few reasons why this can occur. It can happen if the factory folding procedure does not first score the cardboard. Or if the type of cardboard used is not very accepting to folds. It could also be a too-tight jacket forced to split at the weakest point by too-thick 180 gram records. Or it can happen from the records being too loose and sliding around during shipping and punching through.

At any rate I took a picture and will ask them what they will do about it. Many times they have extra jackets, even for limited releases, and can send one free. Or at the least I expect a discount for damaged goods.

This actually happens to probably 25% or more of recent vinyls I have bought online. It makes me mad every time but sometimes I just don't care enough to report it.
Ah, good to know it wasn’t just me. What you descibrbed is exactly what happened to mine.
Mobius37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 03:56 PM   #65
NYShell
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Shredder View Post
The 1990 movie soundtrack was leaked months before the vinyls came out and part of the SOTO soundtrack was leaked over two years ago. They are on various websites if you know where to look. http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...20#post1758520
I knew about SOTO, but I never knew about the first one. I only found a terrible bootleg version of the first film score on YouTube.
Old 11-16-2018, 05:31 AM   #66
AtzenButze
Mouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobius37 View Post
Anyone have any issues with damage to their record sleeves? Just received mine today and am less than enthusiastic about how it arrived. Zero damage to the shipping package. Assuming it left warehouse in a damaged state.
Unfortunately, my vinyl still has not arrived .... since last Friday she is in
Export processing in Chicago and so far my status has not been updated: Tsad:: Tsad: Hope my vinyl is not damaged: tconfuse:: Tsad:
AtzenButze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 04:22 PM   #67
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior

Same here on the damage. I ordered 3 of them and all 3 have corner damage and splits on some of the folds... kind of annoyed just because I got the signed versions so I spent a bit extra.

Thank you to evan2000 for the AWESOME gif! <3
drag0nfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 07:51 PM   #68
DVD
Mad Scientist

Got mine today.

The packaging from Waxwork Records was awesome.
The records and sleeve are really cool. The art in the cover is superb in hand.
My only gripe: disc one has the disc two track label on it.
Back in the day this would have been cool: a misprinted LP!!!
At least I have both vinyls and yeah, they sound great.

My thanks go out to the creation of this thread