The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Fan Creations > Fan Works Discussion

Notices

Old 02-07-2011, 11:09 PM   #61
azrael
Mad Scientist

shuriken: Yeah give it a go.

onri: awesome job, I think your right maybe a lil to feminine. We will try to hook u up, I would like everyone to have a part its just the first is a sausage fest. April was what issue 2 or 3? I get ahead of myself a lot but hopefully we could keep the same people and make our own continuity (like the movies)just using certain issues tho.
________
Live Sex Webshows

Last edited by azrael; 08-12-2011 at 10:15 PM.
azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 11:38 PM   #62
Donnie
Something from the Past

I honestly would vote to keep surfer mike at a minimum. I think it would be cooler to portray a different side to mike...
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 11:50 PM   #63
azrael
Mad Scientist

You know I was looking at the video again and realize your right surfer mike is for the cartoony mike, I think mike needs a regular voice, just plain and simple.
________
Vaporgenie vaporizer

Old 02-08-2011, 11:21 AM   #64
Oniri
Foot Soldier

I concur! I'll sit back and chill till there is chance for the ladies. If you any help with anything else let me know. I am an animation student, so I guess I can do something useful..maybe..

Check out my fanart! http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=31376
Oniri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 12:18 PM   #65
azrael
Mad Scientist

can you make it a motion comic if how long would it take?
________
Krupicca

Old 02-08-2011, 12:36 PM   #66
Oniri
Foot Soldier

Well it depends. If you want it simply like an animatic or as something involving is some actual figure movement... I could , but I am a senior in college and working on a senior project. This means two things.
1. animatic I can bus out pretty quickly. I could do that on free weekends.
2. The more complex pretty version would take me a moment (since I would want to do that in good quality and not rushed) and I couldn't be guaranteed to get that out on a constant schedule in less I waited to work on it during the summer ( in which it would be my main focus).
Example of what I mean by Fancy dancy work : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ_wuEMwBUo

For both I would need scans provided. Also, things could go faster if there was another person I could partner up with.

*EDIT ADD* The help doesn't have to do much. Mostly help me cut out pieces. I can do the actually movement and camera angles in aftereffects or Toonboom or combo of the two.n

Old 02-08-2011, 12:55 PM   #67
gobo
Wacky Action

I wouldn't mind helping with this in some small capacity, but not sure how.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 01:11 PM   #68
azrael
Mad Scientist

Onri what would be simple animation?

Gobo dish out some auditions, or would you rather something else?
________
WEEDTRACKER

Old 02-08-2011, 01:42 PM   #69
Oniri
Foot Soldier

what I would call "simple" animation won't be too much. I would include panel movement mostly, maybe some some speech bubble action.

Something like this but less seizure-inducing. http://www.invincibleseries.com/

Old 02-08-2011, 06:23 PM   #70
gobo
Wacky Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrael View Post
Gobo dish out some auditions, or would you rather something else?
I could do some supporting characters that don't have many lines. My voice is too distinct to do too many small characters w/o them all sounding the same. But, if they're randomly placed enough, they won't stick out like a sore throat. But, if a YouTube audition is required, you might be waiting a pretty long forever. ^_^

Old 02-08-2011, 08:09 PM   #71
azrael
Mad Scientist

that would be awesome if you could do that then jester can add the voice, music, and sound effects. How long do you think it would take you to do that you said only on the weekends?

gobo got to hear something utube or email it to one of us my email is ffritts@gmail.com
________
Live sex webshows

Old 02-08-2011, 10:44 PM   #72
Oniri
Foot Soldier

Quote:
that would be awesome if you could do that then jester can add the voice, music, and sound effects. How long do you think it would take you to do that you said only on the weekends?

gobo got to hear something utube or email it to one of us my email is ffritts@gmail.com

Yeah, weekends would be my work time. The audio would have to be done first though. I can't time the panels and such correctly if there is nothing to synch up to. I would at least need to have the recording of the dialogue (or a mock recording) so I may time the speech bubbles ad narration boxes. music and sound effects could be added later though.

I would give me a month, though it shouldn't take anywhere near that long for one issue. I go back to school on the 19th ( my college goes in late and leaves late), so I am leaving myself a little wiggle room since I have no sure idea on how my workload will pan out.

What I can do now to make things easier is, if someone provides the scans, I can begin to cut things out and prep for movement. This is my first time doing a motion comic, but I do a lot of work in Aftereffects and other programs, so I'm really hyped about this!

Old 02-08-2011, 10:50 PM   #73
Donnie
Something from the Past

I think we should stop and smell the roses for a second, and gather all of the information we have available here...

So, we know that there's a ton of us who want to participate in/help with this project...this is awesome, and I count myself lucky to be part of a TMNT community who is so actively seeking an outlet for their Turtle needs!

We know that through the kindness of Jester and Oniri we have two potential editors/"producers", if you would. Jester, would you still like to be a part of this? I for one would love to have you on board --- your work with FutureShark is spectacular.

Those links look great, Oniri, and I'm sure we would all agree you'd be a great addition to this project, if you can produce work along those lines. So, Jester and Oniri, is there anyway you two could PM eachother or talk here about collaborating on the editing/all of the awesome things I wish I could do but wouldn't know the first thing about? First and foremost, we need people like you on board. The voice actors are secondary to what could be an amazing TMNT production, in my opinion.

Next, concerning voice actors --- I feel like up until recently we thought the parts of Leonardo and Shredder were taken...however, it seems the originator of this thread/idea isn't going to return any time soon. So I suppose we should move on without him? I've read no claims that voice any other opinion. This would mean that the parts of Leonardo and Shred-Head would be open.

az, I know you want to voice Leo, so would you mind providing some more readings? After all, Leonardo is pretty much narrating the whole book and I think a few more samples of you auditioning as him would be fitting. I think Raph would make a great Splinter, if nobody else contends. For my part I will be doing some more Donatello samples, of the same lines --- for he only has those three! Although my audition was initially in my opinion okay I know that I can do better (I am somewhat of a perfectionist...) and I will be providing the jury with more samples soon.

If all goes according to plan and things run smoothly with what was discussed above, that would leave 3 "hot" roles left available: Raphael, Shredder, and Michelangelo. Let's deal with the easiest first...Mikey only has a few lines, and as most have agreed I think the surfer 80s toon Mike should be put aside for this, especially since he has such a minor part in this first book, and quite frankly, I think surfer Mike has been done to death. Raphael and Shredder are the remaining roles, and we already had some seriously talented people (from memory oldmanwinters and Ninji) audition for Raphael. I apologize if I forgot somebody. Honestly, all of the auditions have been impressing and a pleasure to listen to. I am really not sure how to decide this one --- I'll see what others have to say. As far as Shredder goes we're going to need somebody with just as much spunk as Raphael. His lines are full of angst, greed, power, and pride. That kinda stuff has to be reflected in his character. So whoever would like to give Shred-Head a try, please be my guest!

It looks like we have plenty of volunteers for the Purple Dragons/Business Men. That would leave a few lines for Yoshi and Nagi, which could probably just overlap with the voice actors for the P.D. if nobody wants to claim them/we don't have enough people.

Whew. Okay, I think that's all at the moment. Did I miss anything? Thoughts?

EDIT: Oniri, in reading your post it reminded me that I meant to ask if anybody here had a really high quality scanner, and if so, if they could do us a huge favor and scan the first book in full. The quality we are looking for would have to matched with that video of the first comic on YouTube...so if anybody can do this great favor that would be highly appreciated. I will do it if nobody else can, but I fear that my scanner will not produce as clear a picture as was found on that YT video of the full book.

Last edited by Donnie; 02-08-2011 at 10:57 PM.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:37 PM   #74
azrael
Mad Scientist

I have a high quality cbr file of them if there is a way to break it down to jpeg would work.

I will put more samples of leo up here I did a darker voice since its mirage and not a childs toon.

Onri email me and I will respond with the cbr files that way you can break them down. and begin to cut them up.
________
Kiare

Last edited by azrael; 08-12-2011 at 10:16 PM.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:12 AM   #75
gobo
Wacky Action

Quote:
I have a high quality cbr file of them if there is a way to break it down to jpeg would work.
Rename from CBR to ZIP, then unzip. Simple as that.

Old 02-09-2011, 12:46 AM   #76
Raph
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnyTMNT View Post
I think Raph would make a great Splinter, if nobody else contends.
Thanks DonnyTMNT, looking forward to doing this!
Old 02-09-2011, 01:14 AM   #77
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

I guess I could go back to voicing if Oniri is actually going to animate. All I did with Future Shark was zoom in and out of the static panels.

Whatever you want just let me know.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 08:35 AM   #78
Oniri
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I guess I could go back to voicing if Oniri is actually going to animate. All I did with Future Shark was zoom in and out of the static panels.

Whatever you want just let me know.
Well, if you would rather do voice work, that would be cool. However, if ya have the time, I could probably get the motion stuff done quicker if I had help.

Though we are going for the simple animation (right?), I would still need help cutting speech bubbles and text boxes. I don't know how much experience you have with photoshop, but I would also have to do cloning/redrawing in order to replace anything that was covered by text or speech (otherwise we would have random blank spots). Also, second opinions/ideas for movements helps too.

Old 02-09-2011, 08:52 AM   #79
Donnie
Something from the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oniri View Post
Well, if you would rather do voice work, that would be cool. However, if ya have the time, I could probably get the motion stuff done quicker if I had help.

Though we are going for the simple animation (right?), I would still need help cutting speech bubbles and text boxes. I don't know how much experience you have with photoshop, but I would also have to do cloning/redrawing in order to replace anything that was covered by text or speech (otherwise we would have random blank spots). Also, second opinions/ideas for movements helps too.
This sounds great, if that's what you two decide on doing.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:47 AM   #80
Oniri
Foot Soldier

I also suck at audio mixing. I get by, but I rather someone else do that.

Tags
fan motion comic, fan project, volume 1 issue 1