The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 10-23-2021, 12:49 AM   #2801
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dask View Post
Or really shake things up and introduce Rasputin or Attila first with unique designs that draw from different toad and frog species (or consultation with Varner to see if they have something in their database).
I'm buying all these figures purely out of nostalgia.
So if they're gonna be making unique designs, that's an easy pass for me.
Spidergreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 02:03 AM   #2802
Dask
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidergreg View Post
Fair enough. But I am really curious about prototype designs (not so much for the core turtles), especially those that Varner hasn't disclosed fully to the public. A lot of ideas end up on the cutting floor.
Dask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 06:38 AM   #2803
Chris
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I've been going on an unboxing spree with Thundercats (the last wave of TC is perfect!) and NECA and Super7 TMNT. I was just wondering why the S7 TMNT figures don't have holes in their feet and whether that's the case with all of them (I preordered a ton but only have GIT Baxter, April, Rocksteady and Metalhead)?
I'd have to check when I got home but I think it's a line wide thing and none of them have holes.

Quote:
Or really shake things up and introduce Rasputin or Attila first with unique designs that draw from different toad and frog species (or consultation with Varner to see if they have something in their database).
I'd be all for that! Really excited to see some of those holes in the line filled in.

Quote:

I respect that. Personally I'm probably the opposite. I have no nostalgia for most of the variants and some of the vintage characters that never appeared in comics or show so they're easy skips for me. But one of the things I loved about MOTUC was how deep it went and getting those missing characters in that style. Like Chote (or Shoate as the toyline called him), the Mirage fan in me really needs a Savanti Romero to go with him and I think Savanti would look great in the vintage style. The missing frogs like Dask mentioned, the final mutanimals, Ninjara, Karai, Armaggon, etc. There's so many major secondary characters who never got a figure back in the day and the idea of getting them in this line really excites me.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 08:35 AM   #2804
Dask
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post

I respect that. Personally I'm probably the opposite. I have no nostalgia for most of the variants and some of the vintage characters that never appeared in comics or show so they're easy skips for me. But one of the things I loved about MOTUC was how deep it went and getting those missing characters in that style. Like Chote (or Shoate as the toyline called him), the Mirage fan in me really needs a Savanti Romero to go with him and I think Savanti would look great in the vintage style. The missing frogs like Dask mentioned, the final mutanimals, Ninjara, Karai, Armaggon, etc. There's so many major secondary characters who never got a figure back in the day and the idea of getting them in this line really excites me.
I'm also looking forward to the same figures. I too am planning on skipping most of the variants, except perhaps, the most iconic sets. I wouldn't mind if they make the teal color Chrome Dome (or Mike Metalhead), although, given their inclination towards avoiding vac metal, I'm not sure how they will proceed. Shoate would be amazing! same with Savanti Romero. They could use a Karai swappable head sculpt with Scale Tail, if they are planning on being economical.
Old 10-29-2021, 08:37 AM   #2805
Dask
Mad Scientist

Anyone here familiar with the Fwoosh forums? Are they straight-up lazy or elitist as they haven't approved 2 of my (mundane) posts for the past few weeks. It's almost like there is no incentive to post further on the Fwoosh platform. Why did I even bother making an account there if they are not open to alternative perspectives?
Old 10-29-2021, 10:25 AM   #2806
italianice388
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Anyone here familiar with the Fwoosh forums? Are they straight-up lazy or elitist as they haven't approved 2 of my (mundane) posts for the past few weeks. It's almost like there is no incentive to post further on the Fwoosh platform. Why did I even bother making an account there if they are not open to alternative perspectives?
i've lurked there and found (many of) them to be extremely pretentious and sensitive. any criticism of a toy is outright chastised and shamed. if someone bought it, the only thing you can do is shower it with praise, otherwise their feelings will get hurt. you should see how hard they defend the s7 april. i've found many of the users to be quite annoying over there, so i avoid it altogether. this place is much better.

sorry to hear your posts aren't getting approved. they're probably just slow to moderate, which still seems like an unnecessary hurdle anyway. my opinion: nothing of value lost.
italianice388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 09:00 AM   #2807
Chris
Mad Scientist

So now that wave 6 is pre-ordered (and wave 4 is on the water ) what are everyone's top wants for the next few waves? For me it's probably:

Rat King (definitely the most essential remaining character for me)
Krang’s Android Body (this would be massive )
General Traag
Fugitoid
Triceraton
Tokka
Razhar
Sandstorm (never had the original but as a massive Disney Aladdin fan the design really appeals to me)

Honorable mention for Usagi Yojimbo, whenever the rights are cleared up.

And throwing in a few "new" characters to spice things up a bit:

Karai
Savanti Romero
Ninjara
Armaggon
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 12:18 PM   #2808
Dask
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by italianice388 View Post
i've lurked there and found (many of) them to be extremely pretentious and sensitive. any criticism of a toy is outright chastised and shamed. if someone bought it, the only thing you can do is shower it with praise, otherwise their feelings will get hurt. you should see how hard they defend the s7 april. i've found many of the users to be quite annoying over there, so i avoid it altogether. this place is much better.

sorry to hear your posts aren't getting approved. they're probably just slow to moderate, which still seems like an unnecessary hurdle anyway. my opinion: nothing of value lost.
Glad to hear that I am not the only one. Yeah, one of posts was critical (but, obviously civil and not profane) and the other was quite...regular. I wanted to just test out their forums so I started with their TMNT section. I do have a small, but growing collection for BTAS, Marvel Legends and Mcfarlane and may have some questions for their other sections (maybe those sections have better Fwoosh moderators and are more responsive...)
Old 10-30-2021, 12:22 PM   #2809
Dask
Mad Scientist

Quote:
So now that wave 6 is pre-ordered (and wave 4 is on the water ) what are everyone's top wants for the next few waves? For me it's probably:

Rat King (definitely the most essential remaining character for me)
Krang’s Android Body (this would be massive )
General Traag
Fugitoid
Triceraton
Tokka
Razhar
Sandstorm (never had the original but as a massive Disney Aladdin fan the design really appeals to me)

Honorable mention for Usagi Yojimbo, whenever the rights are cleared up.

And throwing in a few "new" characters to spice things up a bit:

Karai
Savanti Romero
Ninjara
Armaggon
The figures that I am most looking forward to are:

Usagi Yo Jimbo (including Space Usagi)
Gen
Panda Khan
Zak the Neutrino
Mona Lisa
Karai/Lotus Blossum/Scale Tail
Hot Head
Tokka
Triceraton (including Shogun variant)
Fugitoid
Shoate
Chrome Dome (make it deluxe with or without vac metal/chrome)
Krang's Android Body
Old 10-31-2021, 10:09 PM   #2810
Otter
Stone Warrior

Usagi.

That is all (but I'll buy three... four if there's an alternate head).
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 11:36 PM   #2811
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
The figures that I am most looking forward to are:

Usagi Yo Jimbo (including Space Usagi)
Gen
Panda Khan
Zak the Neutrino
Mona Lisa
Karai/Lotus Blossum/Scale Tail
Hot Head
Tokka
Triceraton (including Shogun variant)
Fugitoid
Shoate
Chrome Dome (make it deluxe with or without vac metal/chrome)
Krang's Android Body
I don't think i'll be interested in a krang's android body.
The vintage's sculpt is ugly anyway.
I'm good with neca's android body.
Spidergreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 07:54 AM   #2812
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Fwoosh is great and much more active than here. I've never had a problem posting, and I'm relatively new (joined last year to talk GI Joe Classifieds). There are definitely some posters over there that are pretty consistently negative but I could say the same about this forum and it's a much smaller sample size here.

YMMV and all that, but I'd try to stick with it for at least a little while longer. I really enjoy it.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 09:34 PM   #2813
Dask
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I don't think i'll be interested in a krang's android body.
The vintage's sculpt is ugly anyway.
I'm good with neca's android body.
Good point. I think the only reason I wanted the vintage sculpt when growing up was because of the size....I thought I would pass on Super7's Krang but when I say the alternate brain sculpt...it was genius, psychotic looking and reminded me of old-school animatronics. Maybe, just maybe, Super7 can update the vintage sculpt and do wonders with it...
Old 11-01-2021, 09:36 PM   #2814
Dask
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey see View Post
Fwoosh is great and much more active than here. I've never had a problem posting, and I'm relatively new (joined last year to talk GI Joe Classifieds). There are definitely some posters over there that are pretty consistently negative but I could say the same about this forum and it's a much smaller sample size here.

YMMV and all that, but I'd try to stick with it for at least a little while longer. I really enjoy it.
Maybe, I will give it another chance. If the Turtles forum at Fwoosh doesn't work out, I will rotate to another sub-forum (e.g. Marvel Legends, Mcfarlane, BTAS etc.)
Old 11-02-2021, 08:06 AM   #2815
Zachatello00
Ninja Comedian

Quote:
Maybe, just maybe, Super7 can update the vintage sculpt and do wonders with it...
I believe in Super7. It took me awhile to get here, but I'm all bought in at this point. I'm hoping they do the Android and knock it out of the park. They haven't let me down yet...
Old 11-02-2021, 10:20 AM   #2816
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
Usagi.

That is all (but I'll buy three... four if there's an alternate head).

I concur- I think I am downsizing my S7 TMNT collection as there really not that much for me to keep going on and they are expensive for single figures.

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 03:23 PM   #2817
italianice388
Stone Warrior

Quote:
So now that wave 6 is pre-ordered (and wave 4 is on the water ) what are everyone's top wants for the next few waves
X Ray Fillet
Wingnut & Screwloose
Scumbug
Antrax
X Mondo Gecko
Wyrm
X Slash
X Leatherhead
X Metalhead
Triceraton
Sergeant Bananas
Half court
Merdude
Doctor El
Hothead
Scaletail
Pizza face
Dirtbag
Groundchuck
Scratch
Sandstorm
Fugitoid
Chromedome

Making good progress!
Old 11-05-2021, 11:50 AM   #2818
mikey see
Mad Scientist

BBTS exclusive Raphael in disguise is up for preorder: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Produ...g&utm_content=

Pretty cool but I can't start buying the variants, especially not at the new price point.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 12:01 PM   #2819
Juicexct
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey see View Post
BBTS exclusive Raphael in disguise is up for preorder: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Produ...g&utm_content=

Pretty cool but I can't start buying the variants, especially not at the new price point.
My plan is to buy the original first variants of the figures so sewer surfer Mike, undercover Don, samurai Leo, and Space Cadet Raph. And every variant of Michelangelo for my Michelangelo shelf.
Juicexct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 12:06 PM   #2820
italianice388
Stone Warrior

pass for me. same body as other tmnt figs. same alt head + hat. accessories are mostly from raph, april, and metalhead sets.