The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 03:27 AM   #2441
letscook89
Foot Soldier

As I said it's still a Bay movie
Damn I hope the sequel won't work so we can have later a true reboot of the TMNT series. The 1990 film is so great and will never be replaced by these awful movies.
Old 07-20-2015, 07:23 AM   #2442
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by letscook89 View Post
As I said it's still a Bay movie
Damn I hope the sequel won't work so we can have later a true reboot of the TMNT series. The 1990 film is so great and will never be replaced by these awful movies.
I wholeheartedly agree with your points of view, my man..
Old 07-20-2015, 07:46 AM   #2443
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

You know, if they were going to copy Bay, I would've preferred if Bay had directed it himself. Liebesman has the creative talent of a rock, while Bay has the creative talent of a... let's say a shiny rock. Either way, both are awful directors, but I'd rather see a director's actual style than plagiarized style.

I hope they have Dave Green giving the movie his own feel. This thing is still GOING to feel like a Bay movie, but maybe Green can also mix in his own film style to it. Poor guy: it's his second movie, and he's about to have his career ruined. Like, literally everyone knows this movie is going to be bad. Everyone knew the other movie was going to be bad. Remember when Jonathan, Andrew, and Brad walked out last year in Comic Con, and basically no one clapped?

And then they go, "WE GOT THE BLESSING FROM KEVIN EASTMAN." 1. Eastman says that because he's doing the IDW comics. So, the longer TMNT stays popular (Aka, ticket sales), the better chance he has at being able to continue the comics. Plus, at that point, he probably signed something that said, "Shut up and you won't be sued." 2. When Laird saw the Turtles, he basically said, "What the hell did they do to my creations?!"

Last edited by Foombamaroom; 07-20-2015 at 07:52 AM.
Old 07-20-2015, 07:55 AM   #2444
letscook89
Foot Soldier

Yeah I agree with you Leo, but the producers don't care about Green, for them he's just a puppet. Jonathan Liebesman is the wort director I've ever seen, it's unbelievable how bad his work is. The only persons who care a little bit about the turtles are the actors who play them. Too sad they think they're doing a "good movie".

Oh yea I'm sure Peter Laird felt totally raped when he watched this movie.
The worst concern the people who defend the 2014 movie. All they have to say is : "It's a TMNT movie, what did you expect ?"
I answer this : "Hmm maybe a TMNT movie ?"
or they say this : "It's a kid movie, what did you expect ?"
I answer this : "My god you fools ! The toy story series is supposed to be for kids and it's one of the most touching masterpiece I've ever seen in my whole life!" Kids aren't stupid but producers think they are...

Last edited by letscook89; 07-20-2015 at 08:04 AM.
Old 07-20-2015, 08:34 AM   #2445
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

I think I'd be much more happy if the producers just made an interview and said, "Hey, let's be honest here, we're just using this as a cash cow. This movie ISN'T going to be good, it's just going to be an action movie which kids will go see." instead of trying to play it off as a masterpiece that's so respectful to the original.
Old 07-20-2015, 08:45 AM   #2446
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foombamaroom View Post
I think I'd be much more happy if the producers just made an interview and said, "Hey, let's be honest here, we're just using this as a cash cow. This movie ISN'T going to be good, it's just going to be an action movie which kids will go see." instead of trying to play it off as a masterpiece that's so respectful to the original.
That's why you don't work in Marketing.

Marketing sells sh!t and promises you that it's actually an expensive herbal mud facial.
Old 07-20-2015, 12:18 PM   #2447
letscook89
Foot Soldier

Ha ha ha exactly man
Old 07-20-2015, 03:12 PM   #2448
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

"Do you want to see 90 minutes of complete and utter horse ****? Well, how about you sit down, grab some popcorn, and watch Corporate Cashgrab Reboot Turtles! Or, as we at Platinum Dunes like to call it, April O'Neil: THE MOVIE! Join Megan Fox as... Megan O'Neil? April O'Fox? We don't even know anymore... Join her as she... gets fired from her job. VERY INTERESTING. See her coworker sexually harass her, and watch her be so oblivious to it! Join April as she meets Eric Sachs, who shares her background, which has more coincidental connections to than The Amazing Spider-Man. Oh, yeah, and she meets those other guys. They're in the movie, too... Kinda."
Old 07-20-2015, 04:11 PM   #2449
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
"Do you want to see 90 minutes of complete and utter horse ****? Well, how about you sit down, grab some popcorn, and watch Corporate Cashgrab Reboot Turtles! Or, as we at Platinum Dunes like to call it, April O'Neil: THE MOVIE! Join Megan Fox as... Megan O'Neil? April O'Fox? We don't even know anymore... Join her as she... gets fired from her job. VERY INTERESTING. See her coworker sexually harass her, and watch her be so oblivious to it! Join April as she meets Eric Sachs, who shares her background, which has more coincidental connections to than The Amazing Spider-Man. Oh, yeah, and she meets those other guys. They're in the movie, too... Kinda."
You got that right off the back of the DVD/Blu-ray, didn't you. Well, maybe a bootleg copy.
Old 07-20-2015, 04:18 PM   #2450
letscook89
Foot Soldier

Ha ha ha nice, but you forgot : "Wanna see a nightmare-version-of-shrek-turtle who wants to get laid with a human girl who is supposed to be apart of his family ?"
Old 07-20-2015, 04:23 PM   #2451
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime

Quote:
Now read this in the voice of the Honest Trailers Guy, and it makes it so much better.
Old 07-20-2015, 04:31 PM   #2452
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatswiththeheadbands? View Post
Now read this in the voice of the Honest Trailers Guy, and it makes it so much better.
I wrote that picturing him saying that. XD Glad someone thought of it like that, too.
Old 07-20-2015, 10:11 PM   #2453
darthwahl56
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I wrote that picturing him saying that. XD Glad someone thought of it like that, too.
I totally re-read that summary in the movie voice.

"Party Wagon on the Move!"
Old 07-21-2015, 03:24 AM   #2454
letscook89
Foot Soldier

Raphael's answer to Michael Bay's movies
Old 07-21-2015, 08:17 AM   #2455
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

I see a lot of positive response to my summary, so I'm gonna do one of this one:

"She's back. In 2016, get ready to join reporter April O'Neil again, but this time... in a sexy schoolgirl outfit. Seriously, that makes the movie a bit more watchable. Joining her is Stephen Amell as Casey Jones, a character who has no connection to the Casey Jones you all know and love. Get ready to see the first big-screen incarnations of Bebop and Rocksteady, which sounds like a good idea until you realize that this will be the first ever on-screen version of Bebop and Rocksteady, and these guys at Platinum Dunes are the ones making it... And rumor has it, that the villain Krang will be making an appearance... In the last TEN MINUTES of the movie.
Oh, yeah, and those Turtles. They're in it, too. Mostly for Mikey to sexually harass April again, because everyone loves watching a pet harass its owner.
"What's up, Angel Cakes?"
Mikey, stop.
"Correction, she's a hot chick with a head injury."
Stop it right now.
"Oh, she's so hot I can feel my shell tightening."
NO NINJA, NO NINJA, NO!

Starring:
(Megan Fox) Plastic Face.
(Stephen Amell) You have failed this franchise.
(Brian Tee) Shreddy-O Drift.
(Will Arnet) You need a better agent.
(Tyler Perry) Diary of a Mad Black Stockman.
(Sheamus) Professional Hugger.
(Gary Anthony Williams) Stevie's Dad.

April The Movie 2, Co-Starring Casey and a little bit of Raph. Oh, yeah, and the other guys."
Old 07-21-2015, 08:21 AM   #2456
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Foom, you're awesome, you know that? I couldn't stop laughing at that.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
Old 07-21-2015, 08:27 AM   #2457
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Spoiler:
I see a lot of positive response to my summary, so I'm gonna do one of this one:

"She's back. In 2016, get ready to join reporter April O'Neil again, but this time... in a sexy schoolgirl outfit. Seriously, that makes the movie a bit more watchable. Joining her is Stephen Amell as Casey Jones, a character who has no connection to the Casey Jones you all know and love. Get ready to see the first big-screen incarnations of Bebop and Rocksteady, which sounds like a good idea until you realize that this will be the first ever on-screen version of Bebop and Rocksteady, and these guys at Platinum Dunes are the ones making it... And rumor has it, that the villain Krang will be making an appearance... In the last TEN MINUTES of the movie.
Oh, yeah, and those Turtles. They're in it, too. Mostly for Mikey to sexually harass April again, because everyone loves watching a pet harass its owner.
"What's up, Angel Cakes?"
Mikey, stop.
Stop it right now.
"Oh, she's so hot I can feel my shell tightening."
NO NINJA, NO NINJA, NO!

Starring:
(Megan Fox) Plastic Face.
(Stephen Amell) You have failed this franchise.
(Brian Tee) Shreddy-O Drift.
(Will Arnet) You need a better agent.
(Tyler Perry) Diary of a Mad Black Stockman.
(Sheamus) Professional Hugger.
(Gary Anthony Williams) Stevie's Dad.

April The Movie 2, Co-Starring Casey and a little bit of Raph. Oh, yeah, and the other guys."
You're the Honest Trailers Voice Guy!

No Ninja, No Ninja, No! F'ing brilliant.
Old 07-21-2015, 09:19 AM   #2458
letscook89
Foot Soldier

Hey stupid parents, your children will love our Shrek-look-alike Michelangelo, and they will learn all of his famous creepy quotes :

" Aaah she's so hot I can feel my shell tightening"
" Correction, she's a hot chick with a head injury"
" That's great guys, maybe she has hot friends"
" If that wasn't already obvious with that girl, DIBS !"
" My girlfriend is the Hogosha"
" What's up Angel Cakes ?"
" That's my girl"
" It's a very special song girl, for us"
Old 07-21-2015, 09:22 AM   #2459
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Thaaaaaaaaat's leading places that aren't okay.
Old 07-21-2015, 10:08 AM   #2460
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

Someone really needs to make that their signature so my legacy can live on.
Closed Thread

Tags
cybercubed thinks deep, tigerclaw is cybercubed, tmnt2