The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

View Poll Results: Have you gotten the COVID vaccine?
Yes, I have gotten the COVID vaccine 52 77.61%
No, I have not gotten the COVID vaccine 15 22.39%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-26-2021, 04:06 PM   #221
CyberCubed
Overlord

I remember reading some people say after getting over covid they still lost their sense of taste or smell for like 2-3 months after. Weird.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 04:53 PM   #222
Coola Yagami
Overlord

In a way let's just say we're lucky CoVid escaped early by mistake. We all know it was made in a lab and somehow got out, that means this is the unfinished version. Lord knows how horrible a biological weapon the Complete/Perfect/Final Form of CoVid would have been.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 04:53 PM   #223
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I remember reading some people say after getting over covid they still lost their sense of taste or smell for like 2-3 months after. Weird.
That's true. Like I said I know someone currently dealing with it but their sense of taste is slowly coming back.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 07-26-2021, 05:15 PM   #224
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I know one lady that lost her sense of taste. Came back in 2 months and now she doesn't talk about it anymore. Dr. Drew has talked about his own experience, too... he said he felt like he had a brain fog, even months and months later. He claimed that doing a lot of brain exercises like puzzles and even making himself learn a new language made him fully return to normal.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 05:30 PM   #225
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
He claimed that doing a lot of brain exercises like puzzles and even making himself learn a new language made him fully return to normal.
That or it kept him busy and focused on something to kill time while the issue cleared up.

If I was one of those people who went through it and lost the sense of taste and smell for months, once it hopefully passed I think I'd celebrate by going and buying a ton of all my favorite snacks, etc. May as well just eat cardboard before then.

edit: Random Covid question I saw on Quora led me to go look to see if what the person asking was nonsense or had any truth... and apparently Yes, COVID-19 Can Cause Erectile Dysfunction, according to the Cleveland Clinic and other sources. Insane how far reaching some of the side effects of this virus may be, not limiting itself to only respiratory issues.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 07-26-2021 at 05:45 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 07:10 PM   #226
CyberCubed
Overlord

I don't know how I could go without any taste for months. You still have to eat food, imagine eating all different types of food and I guess not getting any flavor out of it? Must make eating a chore.
Old 07-27-2021, 12:06 AM   #227
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

A few weeks or months without the taste of a nice steak? Biting into some king crab meat and tasting nothing?

Yeah, that would suck.
Old 07-27-2021, 12:22 AM   #228
frank_one
Mad Scientist

I'm at the hub right now for my second dose. Finger crossed I'm not gonna die as I want to see Laird's Vol. 4 conclusion.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 01:30 AM   #229
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
I'm at the hub right now for my second dose. Finger crossed I'm not gonna die as I want to see Laird's Vol. 4 conclusion.
"Man of Steel 2" will come out before THAT ever does, mang.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 02:08 AM   #230
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Starting to wonder if 'long covid' is actual CoVid and everything else is just the flu.
If you saw the previous link I put up, the current research suggests "long Covid" is likely an aggressive autoimmune response on the body after it's fought off teh actual virus. So the treatment hopefully is to find a way to tell the body's immune system to slow the **** up and not kill itself. Thankfully there's already a good body of autoimmune treatments to use as a base platform for finding one here.
Old 07-27-2021, 11:00 AM   #231
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
You'll be alright. If anything you'll probably develop the ability shoot radioactive blasts from your hair. Then you'll have super powers and you can get a spikey haircut like anime to focus the beams wherever you want.

It's going to be great, man; just be patient!
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 11:49 AM   #232
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Only a minor pain in my shoulder for now.
Old 07-27-2021, 01:05 PM   #233
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Heh, Laird's Vol. 4 conclusion will happen in the afterlife at this point.
Old 07-27-2021, 01:49 PM   #234
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
That's where it starts. It will work it's way up to your hair soon.... no worries. I'm more interested in pix of the spikey haircut....
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 02:39 PM   #235
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
They make the chip even smaller nowadays. Give it time. Once it reaches the brain, the shoulder will stop hurting. Everything will stop hurting. Then you must go and get the others.

Long live the chip.

Old 07-27-2021, 02:47 PM   #236
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Come on... you gotta just be trolling us.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 01:46 AM   #237
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Basically, getting Covid may end up making you dumber...

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01693-6
Old 07-28-2021, 05:34 AM   #238
frank_one
Mad Scientist

After more than 24 hours later, fever and even more pain in the arm is what I'm dealing with. I can barely move my left arm.
Old 07-28-2021, 05:39 AM   #239
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
After more than 24 hours later, fever and even more pain in the arm is what I'm dealing with. I can barely move my left arm.
Yeah. Sounds about right.

And jeeze. Looks like the CDC just said masks for all kids this school year. Regardless of vaccinations.

Pretty weird. Everyone that can or wants to get one has by now, even for kids 12 and up. So punish everyone -- and our children -- for people that have the agency to decide not to vaccinate (and these same people maybe HAD COVID)? Why? For what? It isn't killing kids.

It's becoming increasingly hard to look at this as anything other than a power grab. Palpatine not ceding those emergency powers.
Old 07-28-2021, 10:25 AM   #240
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Yeah. Sounds about right.

And jeeze. Looks like the CDC just said masks for all kids this school year. Regardless of vaccinations.

Pretty weird. Everyone that can or wants to get one has by now, even for kids 12 and up. So punish everyone -- and our children -- for people that have the agency to decide not to vaccinate (and these same people maybe HAD COVID)? Why? For what? It isn't killing kids.

It's becoming increasingly hard to look at this as anything other than a power grab. Palpatine not ceding those emergency powers.
Its 100% about control and 0% about "our health". Always has been, always will be. Tyrants gonna tyrant.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
indigocuck