The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 07-10-2021, 01:57 AM   #4041
Miyamoto_Usagi
Thug

Got sleep today. I suffer from both insomnia and sleep apnea. What's really got me in a good mood is this. 1/12 scale Master Chief from 1000Toys announced. They also have a Cuphead in the works.

Old 07-16-2021, 06:32 AM   #4042
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
I don't know if I'd say this made me happy, unless it's a schadenfreud moment way, but....

This morning as I was leaving for work, I came around the corner at the end of our parking lot, turned the corner of the fence, and saw- a big white pickup truck standing on its nose. No joke! The complex next to ours is much higher up, so it has a wooden retaining wall between their parking lot and the road. (And on our side, too, which is why I didn't see it until I came around the corner- plus the fence on our side of the wall is covered with grapevines.). The truck was stuck with its front end on the grass by the road, and its rear end stuck by the chassis over the edge of the wall, with the wheels in the air. It wasn't hard to figure out what happened. There were two guys with it, one still in the driver's seat! Either he pulled in too far trying to park in a spot next to the edge, or was trying to pull out, and forgot to put it in reverse. In either case, he was royally fu**ed! Imagine that being how you start (or end?) your day!

I felt kind of sorry for them, as it was obvious from the hapless driver that it had just happened, but, I'm sorry, that's just funny. It was kind of at an angle, due to the way it had gone over, but there was NO way they were getting that thing off there without a tow truck to winch it back up (if they tried just pulling it down, it would likely have just gone over end upside down or probably ripped off the axles), and maybe a flatbed trailer too! I bet whomever they called to get it unstuck got a good laugh- I know I did!

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 11:14 AM   #4043
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

When the plan to have to get up early tomorrow and go out for breakfast for a family member's birthday (instead of the usual dinner) and pretend to enjoy breakfast food switches to a different restaurant around 1pm that sells breakfast all day and by then will also have lunch...

My uncle is definitely a morning person and breakfast lover the way my dad (his brother) was. Clearly I did not inherit this trait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
I don't know if I'd say this made me happy, unless it's a schadenfreud moment way, but....

This morning as I was leaving for work, I came around the corner at the end of our parking lot, turned the corner of the fence, and saw- a big white pickup truck standing on its nose. No joke! The complex next to ours is much higher up, so it has a wooden retaining wall between their parking lot and the road. (And on our side, too, which is why I didn't see it until I came around the corner- plus the fence on our side of the wall is covered with grapevines.). The truck was stuck with its front end on the grass by the road, and its rear end stuck by the chassis over the edge of the wall, with the wheels in the air. It wasn't hard to figure out what happened. There were two guys with it, one still in the driver's seat! Either he pulled in too far trying to park in a spot next to the edge, or was trying to pull out, and forgot to put it in reverse. In either case, he was royally fu**ed! Imagine that being how you start (or end?) your day!

I felt kind of sorry for them, as it was obvious from the hapless driver that it had just happened, but, I'm sorry, that's just funny. It was kind of at an angle, due to the way it had gone over, but there was NO way they were getting that thing off there without a tow truck to winch it back up (if they tried just pulling it down, it would likely have just gone over end upside down or probably ripped off the axles), and maybe a flatbed trailer too! I bet whomever they called to get it unstuck got a good laugh- I know I did!
I was going to ask "and you didn't bring us a pic??" but if the driver was still in the truck...yeah, I guess that'd be a little rude.

Poor people, how embarrassing. Hope they eventually retrieved it (or will) without too big of a repair bill.

Saw a car somewhat like that once, having gone through a medium height metal fence atop an embankment outside one of my stores (think I prob mentioned it at the time), though only partly dangled over it instead of falling into the roadway...but then months later someone else broke through the fence again. Some people just shouldn't drive.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 01:06 PM   #4044
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
When the plan to have to get up early tomorrow and go out for breakfast for a family member's birthday (instead of the usual dinner) and pretend to enjoy breakfast food switches to a different restaurant around 1pm that sells breakfast all day and by then will also have lunch...

My uncle is definitely a morning person and breakfast lover the way my dad (his brother) was. Clearly I did not inherit this trait.

I was going to ask "and you didn't bring us a pic??" but if the driver was still in the truck...yeah, I guess that'd be a little rude.

Poor people, how embarrassing. Hope they eventually retrieved it (or will) without too big of a repair bill.

Saw a car somewhat like that once, having gone through a medium height metal fence atop an embankment outside one of my stores (think I prob mentioned it at the time), though only partly dangled over it instead of falling into the roadway...but then months later someone else broke through the fence again. Some people just shouldn't drive.

Believe me, I would have LOVED to get a pic! But seeing as it was 4:15 in the morning, and my phone was in my pocket and thus difficult to get to quickly while keeping my pace to get to work, it's probably just as well I didn't. Probably wouldn't have turned out very well anyway in the dark.

Old 07-17-2021, 04:46 PM   #4045
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Well darn. (I hate to think what time you have to wake up! )

The people I take my car to are goofballs...

We went out to eat today, to a restaurant called Crossroads. Both it and the auto shop next door have the customizable sign boards under their logo sign, with the auto shop's sign basically facing somewhat toward the restaurant.

When leaving we noticed the auto place had a message on their sign. "Hey Crossroads, want to have a sign war?"
Old 07-18-2021, 12:13 PM   #4046
Storm Eagle
Saved by

It was on Friday, but I had received my order for the Zelda & Loftwing amiibo, and saw that someone goofed and sent me TWO when I ordered one. I know someone who missed their chance to preorder one. So I'm seeing about getting one to her. I contacted Best Buy to let them know about the screwup and tell them that I'd pay for the extra one.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 02:52 PM   #4047
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Happy maker: trying to decide on what to add to an Amazon order to hit that $25 free ship minimum... consider a 3-piece set of enamel pins I'd faved a while back... then find those same pins included in a 6-piece set for just a little cheaper. Added bonus, the extra 3 pins glow in the dark.
Old 07-18-2021, 02:59 PM   #4048
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Went to the zoo, always a fun time.
FredWolfLeonardo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 04:54 PM   #4049
Leo656
The Franchise

Some of the figures I pre-ordered in February finally showed up today. Right on.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 08:28 AM   #4050
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Well darn. (I hate to think what time you have to wake up! )

The people I take my car to are goofballs...

We went out to eat today, to a restaurant called Crossroads. Both it and the auto shop next door have the customizable sign boards under their logo sign, with the auto shop's sign basically facing somewhat toward the restaurant.

When leaving we noticed the auto place had a message on their sign. "Hey Crossroads, want to have a sign war?"

Usually my alarm goes off at 3:30am. But it takes about 5-10 minutes before I crawl out of bed, depending on how well I've slept.

Lol, that sounds like a challenge!

Old 07-22-2021, 02:58 PM   #4051
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

I finally found Wandavision Wanda from Marvel Legends on Amazon that wasn't price gouged. They had some through Amazon Warehouse Like New for $25.05 which is 5 bucks more than MSRP. so I jumped on it. She has been going for 48.99 on Amazon themselves/3rd party and Ebay

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 07-22-2021 at 03:16 PM.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 10:57 AM   #4052
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Was kind of annoyed at having to purchase overpriced toothpaste (that better as hell actually do as claimed) via Amazon because my "special" nighttime toothpaste isn't available in stores (and I chickened out on calling the dentist to see if I could just purchase another from them)... but the pins I added to reach the free shipping minimum are adorable. And now they're "currently unavailable" so I guess I got the last of the 6 piece set.
Spoiler:

Last edited by IndigoErth; 07-23-2021 at 02:34 PM.
Old 07-23-2021, 01:17 PM   #4053
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

My happy-maker yesterday- Not only did the rest of the beads and wire supplies for my latest project finally arrive yesterday (I'm working on a necklace), but I ALSO got an unexpected package in the mail- one I had no idea was even coming! Turns out, one of my RS clan-mates sent me a box full of her homemade soaps! It was a really wonderful surprise, and they smell so good! And some of them have cool shapes, too! There are at least a dozen scents some of them with multiple bars, and they are all completely homemade, with scents like peppermint, apple cinnamon, cupcake, and others. I was so happy I posted it up in our Discord chat with a big thank you. Such a sweet and awesome gift. I have the most awesome clan in RuneScape!

Old 07-26-2021, 02:08 PM   #4054
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Saw that Dollar Tree had gotten in a bunch of CDs they put in the front of the store. Been a long time since I've even used one, but figured I'd flip through them anyhow, see if there's anything decent.

Immediately found the 2007 TMNT soundtrack. Not a fave movie, but hey, for a buck, why not, the music that I don't recall might be decent in its own right, and even if not then it's still a new piece for the TMNT collection.

It rang up for a penny. Cashier said that means they aren't even supposed to have it. Not sure what that means really, but she took the penny off and I got it totally free.
Old 07-27-2021, 01:19 AM   #4055
triplexxx
Mad Scientist

Just topped my high bowling score by 2 pins, that was definitely a worthwhile moment.
Please don't shoot me Mr. Big Mike. I'm too young and good-looking to die, well too young. I got a father, I got a mother, I got a grandmother, I got a little sister...and a little brother this high (raises hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand), and little brother this high (lowers hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand) and then I got a great big brother this high (slaps gun and runs).
"Fright Night" - Three Stooges
triplexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 01:39 PM   #4056
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

my local library is fully opened again, which means you can go inside and use the computers and study rooms and Wi-Fi. I am stoked because my house is so distracting, hot, and annoying to get anything productive done.

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight...for HIM?

~Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 08:52 AM   #4057
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

When you have a tracker in your vehicle and can track its movements at the auto place, seeing around what time they took it for a short test drive and when they probably took it into the garage.
Old 07-29-2021, 11:12 AM   #4058
TMNTFanatic4Life
Stone Warrior

Woke up for the first time in 10 days without intense gas, bloating and fiery feeling in my body. I had some really bad gas the past 10 days..,it wasn’t pretty. I feel much better now but I’m not over eating Mexican food again….that’s where this stemmed from 10 days ago.
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 05:24 PM   #4059
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

A purple envelope. Makes me happy that I could make that lady happy and a simple envelope is all it took.

Apparently, it was important to her to have an envelop that matches the card, and the teal or gray the grad cards come with just weren't cutting it. Rarely do I see people who care about the envelope color, but she was right, the purple was perfect. And if it means one more card gets out the door before they come down next week, great.
Old 08-03-2021, 06:06 PM   #4060
IMJ
Emperor

Got a prospect for a new renter today which is very cool because she isn't "cold" off of Craig's List or some nonsense. Basically a neighbors grand daughter, so this looks like if I get her into the house, it will be an easy year for that particular endeavor!

Fingers super duper crossed
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote