The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 07-13-2021, 12:42 PM   #1
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

American Civil War general statue removed

A couple of days ago in Charlottesville, Virginia, USA, a truck removed a statue of General Robert Edward Lee. He fought for the Confederate States of America during the American Civil War of 1861–1865.

Plans to remove the statue already in August 2017 caused riots.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57788220

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-57789430

In June 2020, a statue of British early 18th century politician Edward Colston, who wa involved in the Atlantic slave trading, was removed in Bristol, England, United Kingdom

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-52954994

Last edited by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan; 08-16-2021 at 05:53 AM.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 01:43 PM   #2
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Read an article that said they also puled a Stonewall Jackson status and...the one I don't quite get...one of Lewis, Clark, AND Sacagawea. So now even statues of certain POC aren't safe.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 02:54 PM   #3
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Read an article that said they also puled a Stonewall Jackson status and...the one I don't quite get...one of Lewis, Clark, AND Sacagawea. So now even statues of certain POC aren't safe.
It was never about bettering anything, dude. It's literally about anarchy, even if the people doing it wouldn't know to define their mentality that way. Just tear down and destroy anything they feel has hindered their lives.

If they were acting accordingly towards anything actually hindering their lives, there would be mass suicides. But you know... that would require these people to look inward.

For the record, I don't care about the Civil War confederate statues - they lost the way anyway. I do care about the "anarchy hidden under equality" thing though.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 07:43 AM   #4
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
They are like rabid dumb uneducated dogs - they see some statue and immediately assume it is a horrible racist sexist monster.
Northerners, who died to give freedom to slaves? Natives? They don't care.

This what happens when ignorant infantile cretins pretend they are "fighting a good fight" on a "right side of history".

And if you point their mistake out - you are, of course, a Nazi who "dog-whistle"s alt-right ideals, because, people on the "right side of history" can't be judged.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 04:02 PM   #5
Coola Yagami
Overlord

While being at war would be scary as all ****, I think it's the fact that we're in an era of peace and people are so bored that they're basically creating their own monsters to fight. They want to 'make a difference' and do something that 'matters', but there is like literally nothing going on in the US (and they're not exactly lining up to go make China pay for creating their virus) so they keep creating their own problems so they can do all these movements and hashtags and 'right side of history' and all that nonsense. Today's youth is so privileged and bored (and I mean even the POC) that they're manufacturing their own oppression and victimhood to have something to do.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 05:12 PM   #6
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
While being at war would be scary as all ****, I think it's the fact that we're in an era of peace and people are so bored that they're basically creating their own monsters to fight. They want to 'make a difference' and do something that 'matters', but there is like literally nothing going on in the US (and they're not exactly lining up to go make China pay for creating their virus) so they keep creating their own problems so they can do all these movements and hashtags and 'right side of history' and all that nonsense. Today's youth is so privileged and bored (and I mean even the POC) that they're manufacturing their own oppression and victimhood to have something to do.
Not a bad look at the psychology of the situation......
Old 07-14-2021, 05:46 PM   #7
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Precisely.
Western world was too safe and peaceful, so it created "antibodies", which gnaw on it from the inside.

It doesn't help that after crumble of USSR, West was unable to create a new global ideology for the population. Neither "war on terror" or "promotion of democracy" caught on, especially in leu of dumb mistakes made by Western governments. Which is why I somewhat sad about eradication of bipolar world.

I don't like it, but societies NEED big ideologies or religions to unify them and kept degeneracy and idiots in check.

Last edited by Sumac; 07-15-2021 at 06:50 AM.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 05:48 PM   #8
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
I don't like it, but societies NEED big ideologies or religions to unify them and kept degeneracy and idiots in check.
I didn't think they did when I was younger (and I've never really been religious)... but it really does seem to be the case. This is what happens.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 07:47 PM   #9
IMJ
Emperor

What's happening is a new religion. It's a cult.