The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Did you like the "red sky" era?
Yes, I enjoyed those seasons 12 57.14%
I could take them or leave them 9 42.86%
No, I did not like them 0 0%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-30-2021, 03:19 PM   #21
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
I would’ve liked to have seen Colonel Knight from State of Shock work with the Turtles again.

Big Louie could’ve been used, as he was slightly serious compared to the other gangsters that appeared previously in the series.
Agreed on both accounts. I was hoping IDW would have utilized Wesley Knight and Megavolt, but alas it was just a brief nod. Don't get me started on not seeing Big Louie's potential. I would have liked him to takeover the underworld and made reference to Turteli's gimmick as ridiculous as to how easy it was to take it over. Instead of Dregg and Carter CBS could have allowed use of what it already had.
Old 10-31-2021, 11:37 AM   #22
cammy85
Stone Warrior

Absolutely agreed!! He had enough technological knowledge to use the transporter controls to divert the black hole and he easily dispatched the Batmen. Too bad this was also his only time encountering Dregg face to face.
cammy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 12:07 PM   #23
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by cammy85 View Post
Absolutely agreed!! He had enough technological knowledge to use the transporter controls to divert the black hole and he easily dispatched the Batmen. Too bad this was also his only time encountering Dregg face to face.
I would have loved to have seen a sword fight between the two. Shredder vs Dregg!

It may be silly of me, but it bothers me that Dregg immediately attacked the Turtles from afar twice more after he was sucked into a place foreign to him, Dimension X with Shredder and Krang and the latter were unable to attack from afar after doing so for so long? It may have been indirect justice with Krang's android body doing roided Dregg in, but it still does not sit well with me.

Additionally, why were Landor and Merrick created when they were less than a generation older than Krakus? It would seem like more could have been used of Krakus.
Old 11-02-2021, 09:59 AM   #24
cammy85
Stone Warrior

It would have been pretty one (four) sided since Dregg had the life energy from all four Turtles and assuming Krang was a fighter before losing his original body.

I believe the door was open for Shredder and Krang to finish off the season/series, but there were three episodes remaining and they knew the series was ending, so they were stuck with Dregg. Dregg almost died twice in season 10 and then for good at the end. So messed up.

Krakus was actually supposed to return instead of introducing Landor and Merrick according to the original plans for season 9 which are not long gone. "Carter The Enforcer" was supposed to be Krakus showing the Turtles a real what-if future unlike Shredderville which was a dream.
Old 11-02-2021, 10:04 AM   #25
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
It would have been pretty one (four) sided since Dregg had the life energy from all four Turtles and assuming Krang was a fighter before losing his original body.

I believe the door was open for Shredder and Krang to finish off the season/series, but there were three episodes remaining and they knew the series was ending, so they were stuck with Dregg. Dregg almost died twice in season 10 and then for good at the end. So messed up.

Krakus was actually supposed to return instead of introducing Landor and Merrick according to the original plans for season 9 which are not long gone. "Carter The Enforcer" was supposed to be Krakus showing the Turtles a real what-if future unlike Shredderville which was a dream.
Can you share a link with me? I would like to read about it. Season 9 was easily the worst after the high of season 8.
Old 11-03-2021, 09:57 AM   #26
cammy85
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Can you share a link with me? I would like to read about it. Season 9 was easily the worst after the high of season 8.
Sadly, it was on the main site before archive.org snapped it. By the time Season 10 started, they were already promoting the heck out of Next Mutaation.
Old 11-03-2021, 11:02 AM   #27
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Sadly, it was on the main site before archive.org snapped it. By the time Season 10 started, they were already promoting the heck out of Next Mutation.
It was in the interview with the season 10 writer? I read that so many years ago that I cannot remember what it said and David Wise is no longer with us to run it by him. Krakus would have been good for continuity sake for sure because Landor and Merrick don't fit the overall story.

I also want to know why they did not use the seasons 2-7 character designs when plucking the Turtles from the past. Having so much time pass between Turtle Trek and The Unknown Ninja does not make sense. It would not have cost too much more if the character models already exist.
Old 11-03-2021, 11:41 AM   #28
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
David Wise is no longer with us to run it by him.
Even if he was, and you asked, Wise would have pivoted into how he invented the printing press, the internet, and had all the original ideas for Pokemon and Paw Patrol before someone ripped them off from him.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 05:27 PM   #29
Bjarni
Hench Mutant

I think overall they were way better than the "wacky" series sometime post-season 4. There was a time when they ddn't care and the quality dropped immensly. The Red Sky seasons were trying to bring some good writing back by having actual stakes and actual bad guys that were threatening. And an over-arching storyline.

My YouTube account
Bjarni is offline   Reply With Quote