The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 09-04-2021, 10:04 AM   #181
sdp
-

I used to love podcasts, been listening to them since 2004-5ish when I got my ipod shuffle. But I think podcasts peaked in the mid 2010s, most of them are trash now and not worth listening, I literally have to listen to them in 1.75 speed minimum to get through them. I realized many that I listened to were just bad and stopped listening to them and only listened out of habit but my life was better off without them; their golden years were clearly many years ago. And newer podcasts are mostly bad sans a few exceptions of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
More than ever. People are making whole livings at them.
Only big names now, the market is flooded, everyone and their mother has a podcast.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 02:48 PM   #182
CyberCubed
Overlord

I've never listened to the radio or a podcast. I don't see how people have the time. If I have free time I'm going to be playing a videogame or watching a show/movie...not listen to people babble about something for an hour or two. It's bad enough we have youtube videos for that.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 04:53 PM   #183
Coola Yagami
Overlord

It's something to play in the background while you're making coffee and having breakfast and whatnot.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 05:46 PM   #184
Ninja Toitles
Random Punk

I'd listen to it. But a YouTube channel would be better nowadays.
Old 09-04-2021, 06:28 PM   #185
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
More than ever. People are making whole livings at them.
Exactly. It's like everybody has a podcast nowadays.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 09-04-2021, 07:37 PM   #186
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
It's something to play in the background while you're making coffee and having breakfast and whatnot.
I eat breakfast in 5 minutes and mostly browse the internet, I don't see how people have the time since from what I see most podcasts are at least 1 hour long.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 09:26 PM   #187
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I eat breakfast in 5 minutes and mostly browse the internet, I don't see how people have the time since from what I see most podcasts are at least 1 hour long.
It's called "while you exercise."
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 09:39 PM   #188
MrPliggins
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I've never listened to the radio or a podcast. I don't see how people have the time. If I have free time I'm going to be playing a videogame or watching a show/movie...not listen to people babble about something for an hour or two. It's bad enough we have youtube videos for that.
On long road trips and while working are usually the times I listen to podcasts. Playing videogames and watching tv both require your full attention, while podcasts only require listening.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 09:59 AM   #189
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
It's called "while you exercise."
I expect Cybercubed to reply with 'what's that?'

Old 09-06-2021, 12:17 PM   #190
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
I expect Cybercubed to reply with 'what's that?'
You can do it for free, so I’m sure he’s aware of it. I’d expect a “what’s the point of exercising? Who cares about looking good when I can just fast forward through movies all day? I’m looking at actors, I’m not looking at myself.”
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 03:16 PM   #191
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Quote:
I just worry how entertaining I'd be at this point. If I were to force myself to read, say, the last few years of the IDW comics I'd probably not have too much nice to say... and you know what they say about if you can't do that. Plus I don't want to crap on those guys. I certainly haven't watched any "Rise of the TMNT" and nor do I plan on. Never saw the last movie and definitely never plan to.

I guess we can discuss the general stuff going on with TMNT? It would get us through like... one episode.
Like I already told you on Facebook Messenger, I mainly wanted to spend the first episode discussing our own personal history with the TMNT and how it lead us to the fan-base, and of course how we got to know each other and worked on certain projects over the years. Like others have said, there are enough people out their going on about the new stuff. I want to focus on the TMNT we grew up with and what elements of those classic iterations we wish to see more of.

Quote:
Count me in whenever. I'd love to be in a ninja turtle podcast again.
If Andrew doesn't want to do it, maybe I'll do one with you and my friend Patrick at some point in the future.

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 04:20 PM   #192
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
Like I already told you on Facebook Messenger, I mainly wanted to spend the first episode discussing our own personal history with the TMNT and how it lead us to the fan-base, and of course how we got to know each other and worked on certain projects over the years. Like others have said, there are enough people out their going on about the new stuff. I want to focus on the TMNT we grew up with and what elements of those classic iterations we wish to see more of.

If Andrew doesn't want to do it, maybe I'll do one with you and my friend Patrick at some point in the future.
Don't forget to bring in Lisardo too.

Old 09-06-2021, 04:25 PM   #193
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Don't forget to bring in Lisardo too.
I doubt she would if I was involved. Though she wasn't ever on the podcast. Plastroncafe was and no way would she be down anymore.
Old 09-06-2021, 04:30 PM   #194
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
I doubt she would if I was involved. Though she wasn't ever on the podcast. Plastroncafe was and no way would she be down anymore.
Never hurts to ask. Especially if Jeph is there too. I'm sure if we keep the subject to the Ninja Turtles, it should be fine.

Old 09-06-2021, 05:01 PM   #195
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Never hurts to ask. Especially if Jeph is there too.
It'd be a hard no. Trust me.

I tell you what, Jephael. You get Roseangelo on board and I'll do it.
Old 09-06-2021, 07:04 PM   #196
Jephael

Quote:
I tell you what, Jephael. You get Roseangelo on board and I'll do it.
I've never actually spoken directly with her before, but I know of her history with Michelle Ivey; I can't help but wonder how it would play out having her join us in a recording. Sheesh, no wonder our fan base is so messed up. Everybody's on somebody else's sh*t list.

www.jephael.com

Last edited by Jephael; 09-06-2021 at 07:10 PM.
Old 09-06-2021, 07:12 PM   #197
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
Everybody's on somebody else's sh*t list.
Hardly. Just a... charmed few.
Old 09-06-2021, 07:17 PM   #198
Jephael

Me, I have a different problem. I always find myself fixated on people who seem to dislike me, which is frustrating as hell. I wish I could just get over it when somebody wants nothing to do with me, but my damn ego always tends to get the better of me. It's kinda like that episode of Seinfeld where George was drawn to Jerry's girlfriend who seemed to dislike him.

www.jephael.com
Old 09-06-2021, 07:34 PM   #199
Leo656
The Franchise

I wouldn't mind doing a pop-in if anyone gets one off the ground.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 07:36 PM   #200
Jephael

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I wouldn't mind doing a pop-in if anyone gets one off the ground.
Andrew and I were discussing the idea of having you on, and yes you are always welcome to join in!!!

www.jephael.com