The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 02-09-2018, 04:59 PM   #1
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Child's Play: The TV series

Yep....ole Chucky's getting his own tv series...for some reason. Apparantly it links up to whatever happened at the end of the most recent movie. First season will be 8 hour long eps. Article doesn't say the channel tho.

http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/92...avid-kirschner
Old 02-09-2018, 05:26 PM   #2
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

It's gotta be STARZ! or something like that, next to "Ash VS Evil Dead" and such.

Eh... I dunno. It could kind of work. I'd have preferred a big final movie, with Andy and the girl from part 2 really ending Chucky once and for all than something protracted like this, but it could be fun, too.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 05:51 PM   #3
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

I hope it stars Jennifer Tilly's tiddiez.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 07:02 PM   #4
Storm Eagle
Saved by

If Freddy Krueger could get a TV series, and Friday the 13th could get a TV series, and Scream could get a TV series, then why not, right?
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 11:04 PM   #5
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Oh my gosh I love Chucky. Im so excited! I never expected this.

It makes sense with how the last one ended.
Old 02-10-2018, 08:44 AM   #6
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Werne't those films once blamed for inspring children to deadly violence many years ago?
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 12:43 PM   #7
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

So it's Syfy. Forget about any R-rated stuff. Very disappointing.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/syfy-get...cky-tv-series/
Old 01-29-2019, 10:54 PM   #8
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Not being rated R is really not an issue. I’ve seen some pretty violent/gory stuff on SyFy (or Sci-Fi for those who prefer the old way).

The Chucky movies aren’t known to be gorefests anyway. At this point it’s about story.

I’m glad it’s on regular tv. I was concerned it’d be some streaming or premium channel exclusive.
Old 01-30-2019, 12:06 AM   #9
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
Not being rated R is really not an issue. I’ve seen some pretty violent/gory stuff on SyFy (or Sci-Fi for those who prefer the old way).

The Chucky movies aren’t known to be gorefests anyway. At this point it’s about story.

I’m glad it’s on regular tv. I was concerned it’d be some streaming or premium channel exclusive.
It's not about gore. They can work around that. The thing is that Chucky has a hilariously potty mouth. And now that can't be a thing.
Old 01-30-2019, 12:44 AM   #10
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Oh that. Some shows allow cussing. Pretty much anything but the F word nowadays. Even that’s allowed in some cases I think.

Some programming gets uncensored reruns late at night.
Old 01-30-2019, 12:51 AM   #11
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

If it's a show where Chucky can't say "you can't f*** with the Chuck" then don't bother.

Though I'm reasonably certain it is ending up at SyFy because the other ones didn't want it.
Old 01-30-2019, 01:27 AM   #12
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Ok I’m pretty sure you don’t seriously mean the whole show is pointless if he can’t use the F word or that phrase (which if I remember correctly was only ever said in part 3)

How do you know nobody else wanted it?
Old 01-30-2019, 04:44 AM   #13
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
If it's a show where Chucky can't say "you can't f*** with the Chuck" then don't bother.

Though I'm reasonably certain it is ending up at SyFy because the other ones didn't want it.
A show can be good without dropping the F bomb every 5 minutes. This is nitpicking just to do it.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 07:06 AM   #14
Egon1982
Hench Mutant

As a guy who enjoyed the trilogy, i feel this franchise has gone down the crapper no thanks to Don Mancini who ran out of ideas after 3 as i felt the story in 3 ended the story well as Chucky died in the fan and the other 4 films after that is a spin-off of Chucky and i don't like Tiffany and Glenn as with the last 4 films, they have dislikable characters with no personality or charisma (unlike the first 3 which had likable characters), poor writing (CP 3 has faults but better written than Bride/Seed/Curse/Cult as CP 2 has a well written script as i feel CP 2 is better than the first film) with Chucky saying dumbass lines like "Compressed? do you know what i think that means", unfunny attempts at humor, horrible CGI in Curse/Cult, that chili scene in Curse which me and my youtube friends Ramboraph4life and Ocpcommunications (if anyone seen their rant on the film) loath and don't get me started on the "teasing us on what should had been the movie" ending in Curse where it has Andy about to blow Chucky's head off with a gun to all the way to all the way to the stupid cheatcode thing especially Chucky being in his daughter's body at the end of Cult to all that.

I mean i felt this franchise has been dead for a long time after 3 as Bride was the beginning of the end of the franchise, Seed i paid to see in theaters and MY GOD it was a horrible crappy mess no thanks to an amateur hack director like Don Mancini as he really killed this franchise even with the last two with his horrible lazy writing and lazy direction. I feel he is to the franchise, what Kathleen Kennedy is to Star Wars, both need to go.

But a TV show and a remake? stop beating this long dead zombiefied horse and shoot it in the head so it can rest in peace. I mean, it's time to let this franchise die and rest in peace already and do new horror icons/franchises.
Egon1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 09:35 AM   #15
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
A show can be good without dropping the F bomb every 5 minutes. This is nitpicking just to do it.
No, not nitpicking. This is Chucky. He says it every other line.

4 was fun, even if it doesn't hold up particularly well now. 1-3 still play great. 5 was one of the worst movies ever made. 6 was surprisingly good, legit scary like the first one. 7 (the latest) isn't bad but has a lot going on.
Old 01-30-2019, 09:57 PM   #16
Leo656
The Franchise

Andrew, you simply can't reason with people who think that "different" and "good" can peacefully co-exist.

You and I get it. That's about all we can hope for.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 10:56 PM   #17
Wildcat
Foot Elite

I agree Seed was the worst of the series. It was ok as a parody, which Don Mancini has said he really likes using satire. That’s why he went harder in that direction.

I don’t mind it being part of the canon though. Glen and Glenda are supposed to be in this. He mentioned them regarding the tv show.

I really don’t mind if they must tone down the cussing. I don’t see it being much more limited. Except for maybe the F word.

I doubt it lasting very long. Don obviously wants to do multiple storylines which is cool but after thier done it’s bound to go back to movies. Unless it’s really successful and SyFy wants to keep going.
Old 01-31-2019, 04:56 AM   #18
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Andrew, you simply can't reason with people who think that "different" and "good" can peacefully co-exist.

You and I get it. That's about all we can hope for.
Or, it's because I understand why they won't be saying f*ck every other line. There are plenty of horror shows/movies that don't do that and are successful.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 05:31 AM   #19
JonesyKitty
Mad Scientist

https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenr...ring-syfy/amp/

Chucky WILL still be dropping F-bombs.
JonesyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 07:02 AM   #20
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

What?! I'm outraged. When will there finally be a horror show about evil murder dolls that the whole family can watch?