The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 01-31-2019, 09:54 AM   #21
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Andrew, you simply can't reason with people who think that "different" and "good" can peacefully co-exist.

You and I get it. That's about all we can hope for.
Well, with Chucky I absolutely draw a firm line. It's Chucky. "B-b-b-but some horror shows get away with no F bombs!" No, f*** that, that's those shows. Again, this is Chucky. This is what he does. It's his whole shtick and has been for 30 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonesyKitty View Post
https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenr...ring-syfy/amp/

Chucky WILL still be dropping F-bombs.
Sweet.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 10:46 PM   #22
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Well I was right. I’d be surprised if they did not allow since it’s already been done. Not that it made a huge difference anyway.

I wonder how often they’ll use it.
Old 03-06-2021, 09:03 PM   #23
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

An update after 2 years:

https://www.darkhorizons.com/chucky-...sets-its-cast/

They better still have Andy and his foster sister from Child's Play 2... that's how the last one ended, with them about to really kick ass.

Also...

"Meanwhile, the arrival of enemies and allies from Chucky’s past threatens to expose the truth behind the killings, as well as the demon doll’s untold origins as a seemingly ordinary child who somehow became this notorious monster."

Huh? We already know enough about Charles Lee Ray. "A seemingly ordinary child"? What are they talking about? Was there something particularly important about his childhood we don't know about? He was a criminal who knew a bit of voodoo... that seemed like enough.
Old 03-06-2021, 10:08 PM   #24
Wildcat
Foot Elite

I was hoping Fiona Dourif would be in it too. She/Charles rejoined Tiffany.

I’m sure Chucky’s childhood can be more interesting than we know. Why did he get into voodoo?
Old 03-06-2021, 10:09 PM   #25
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
I’m sure Chucky’s childhood can be more interesting than we know. Why did he get into voodoo?
Because that black dude and the first movie got him into it, no?
Old 03-06-2021, 10:27 PM   #26
Wildcat
Foot Elite

We don’t really know what their relationship was like or why he got interested in voodoo in the first place. He used it for evil purposes and that’s basically it.
Old 03-06-2021, 10:51 PM   #27
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
We don’t really know what their relationship was like or why he got interested in voodoo in the first place. He used it for evil purposes and that’s basically it.
Yeah, but like.... do we really care? Like do we really give a **** in the grand scheme of things?

Sometimes 'murderous lowlife trained with some dude to learn voodoo' is enough, especially when we care more about him as a killer doll than when he was human.

It feels like every last thing in anything needs to be explained anymore. I'm surprised there isn't some Star Wars series or whatever dealing with how the Jedi and the Force ever came to be, cause you know... we have to know the story behind everything. Every last detail.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 11:20 PM   #28
Wildcat
Foot Elite

This franchise has gone this long without a continuity reboot and has reintroduced people from his past. It makes sense to give him more backstory when his life as a doll gets deeper. Plus he’s the main character.
Old 04-08-2021, 04:04 AM   #29
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Ahhhhh, excellent news! They are living up to the promise the ending of the last movie dangled. Everybody's back. Andy. The foster sister from 2. Dourif's daughter from the last couple.

https://ew.com/tv/chucky-alex-vincen...UngW9TA1KYY4GM

Very pleasing.
Old 04-08-2021, 08:01 AM   #30
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Ahhhhh, excellent news! They are living up to the promise the ending of the last movie dangled. Everybody's back. Andy. The foster sister from 2. Dourif's daughter from the last couple.

https://ew.com/tv/chucky-alex-vincen...UngW9TA1KYY4GM

Very pleasing.
She was quite a babe back then, how is she lookin' nowadays?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 04:13 PM   #31
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
She was quite a babe back then, how is she lookin' nowadays?
Better than I'd have expected.

More info:

https://www.darkhorizons.com/chucky-...story-details/
Old 07-16-2021, 04:44 PM   #32
The Deadman
Foot Elite

I'm looking forward to this, but I'm also worried at how quick Syfy will be to cancel it because they don't keep shows around for very long.

Last Movie Watched: Leprechaun Origins (2014).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E11).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 10:10 PM   #33
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Sounds and looks great.

I know more movies were still planned but possibly even during the show? Wonder how that would be.
Old 07-16-2021, 10:20 PM   #34
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Sounds and looks great.

I know more movies were still planned but possibly even during the show? Wonder how that would be.
Dumping out new Chucky movies while the series is still running seems like overkill to me.
Old 07-16-2021, 11:23 PM   #35
Wildcat
Foot Elite

It depends how many dolls there are out there with his split soul. It could work but might be confusing for those that don’t consistently follow the series.

I could see a movie that takes place with a new kid and no ties to his past or old characters. Just a stand-alone movie in the same world.

I had a great idea they could have done with the 2019 remake instead...put it in the same universe and brand Buddi a toy revival of the Good Guy. Keep the movie the same (change character names, can’t be duplicates) so we get 2 different killer Good Guys...supernatural Chucky vs A.I. Buddi.
Old 07-20-2021, 06:41 PM   #36
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Chucky Can Drop 10 F-Bombs Per Episode In Child’s Play Show
https://screenrant.com/chucky-show-l...-syfy-details/

Last Movie Watched: Leprechaun Origins (2014).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E11).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 11:05 PM   #37
Wildcat
Foot Elite

He’s never said the F word 10 times in 1 movie.

I’m not surprised it’s allowed but I’m surprised it’s allowed so much.

Saying it 10 times in a row once would be funny though.
Old 07-20-2021, 11:46 PM   #38
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
I had a great idea they could have done with the 2019 remake instead...put it in the same universe and brand Buddi a toy revival of the Good Guy. Keep the movie the same (change character names, can’t be duplicates) so we get 2 different killer Good Guys...supernatural Chucky vs A.I. Buddi.
That'd mean it's a shared universe, which really wouldn't work for the Child's Play remake. For one, that'd mean that everyone would know about the events of Child's Play 1-7 when nobody did in the remake. Nobody is going to build a new generation of Chucky dolls after those.

Also, the Buddi version of Chucky was a one off thing. A computer glitch. There wouldn't be like a shared consciousness that inhabits another Buddi doll.
Old 07-21-2021, 03:58 AM   #39
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
That'd mean it's a shared universe, which really wouldn't work for the Child's Play remake. For one, that'd mean that everyone would know about the events of Child's Play 1-7 when nobody did in the remake. Nobody is going to build a new generation of Chucky dolls after those.

Also, the Buddi version of Chucky was a one off thing. A computer glitch. There wouldn't be like a shared consciousness that inhabits another Buddi doll.
You’re right about nobody knowing in the remake. Ok besides changing the names they would have needed to touch on that.

It’s too late now anyway but why wouldn’t they revive the Good Guy? That was how Part 3 happened. They restarted production and ignored Andy’s story. Which was more recent within the movie world.

It is far fetched they’d revive a toy linked to even more ongoing killings but maybe in movie-logic.

I was thinking about the other dolls. We can assume most are from online sellers but Cult mentions Hot Topic. If a retail store sells them...are they also out of production? Who’s supplying Hot Topic with working condition Good Guys?

I know it’s half meant to be a joke but I don’t know if they thought it through.

As for the remake it’s very likely Buddi copied/transferred himself into another doll. His whole power was wireless connectivity and hacking devices. They show another one with red eyes at the very end.
Old 07-21-2021, 04:13 AM   #40
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
It’s too late now anyway but why wouldn’t they revive the Good Guy? That was how Part 3 happened. They restarted production and ignored Andy’s story. Which was more recent within the movie world.
True... though the fact that they ignored Andy's story (and it wasn't JUST Andy's story, think about that whole family in 2 and the teacher and such) and went back into production willy nilly in 3 (and then after 3 all the press about everyone talking about a Chucky doll massacring a whole boot camp?)... do you think that makes it more or less likely that they would try it again a third time? There's no way.

It's kind of like the Jurassic Park/World thing. That they'd reopen the park years later and just slightly change the name was pretty unlikely (like, who on earth is going to insure that park?)... OK, fine. But would they reopen it AGAIN?

Quote:
As for the remake it’s very likely Buddi copied/transferred himself into another doll. His whole power was wireless connectivity and hacking devices. They show another one with red eyes at the very end.
Eh. I guess so. I just don't think anyone's particularly chomping at the bit to see that.

I guess it'd be kind of neat if in a future Chucky movie or episode we get, like, the equivalent of Godzilla swatting away/killing "Zilla," in a 20 second scene.