The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 11-23-2021, 11:31 AM   #1
neatoman
Emperor

Last Ronin Design Archive

Alright I got my hands on a copy. There isn't that much new information, there really aren't any spoilers or anything. The most notable thing in there is that most of the character designs were done by Eastman, so in case you're wondering why the characters tend to switch outfits so much appears to be because they wanted to include as much of the concept art as possible.

The most interesting bit is that the design for Baxter Stockman changes a lot in the concept art, ranging from normal looking with a few machine parts to practically a machine with the remains of a human face. And here is what is really important, it turns out his design wasn't finalised until the coloring started, as we two versions of the same page where he is almost entirely human on the inked version and the final colorised page shows him more machine-like. It's also worth mentioning that the weird scarring is meant to look like his remaining human flesh is decomposing, I was honestly a little confused when I read it for the first time.

Also, his giant robot is meant to vaguely resemble Krang's body from the Fred Wolf show. I don't really see it beyond the Utrom like face on the torso but whatever.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 12:41 PM   #2
AquaParade
Banned

Thanks for sharing. Assumed that about designs but wasn’t sure. Almost sounded like Ben Bishop designed them from an interview I heard with him.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 04:31 PM   #3
909 Turtle Fan
Hench Mutant

Cool. Hope eventually some action figures are released based on those designs.

"Breath in the smoke, Oroku Saki, and meditate. Open your mind and all will become clear."-Kitsune, SHotFC #3

"You know what, you're not Leonardo, you're a member of the foot clan. you are a foot clan member! you're not just a member, you're Danny! you're that punk b*tch Danny!"
-Adam, workaholics, teenage mutant ninja roommates
909 Turtle Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 05:52 PM   #4
neatoman
Emperor

The funny thing about the multiple designs popping up through the series itself and this design archive, is that I got a little confused about them. At first I thought the designs shown for Casey and Leo was a potential spoiler that implied they may have survived and were going to show up in issue 5, only after carefully observing the content and skimming through the previous issues did I realise it was concept art for a part we've already seen.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote