The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 12-04-2021, 08:15 PM   #21
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
We just need to stop saying something is woke and just move along, Because its stupid.
Agreed, woke is stupid.

Which is why it needs to go away and let us have good things again. Ignoring wokeness won't solve the problem, it will only make it worse.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 08:16 PM   #22
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Agreed, woke is stupid.

Which is why it needs to go away and let us have good things again. Ignoring wokeness won't solve the problem, it will only make it worse.
I'm saying calling something woke is stupid.
Old 12-04-2021, 08:20 PM   #23
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I'm saying calling something woke is stupid.
Maybe what "we" do need to do is stop calling everyone racists and bigots and just move along, because that's just as stupid as woke.
Old 12-05-2021, 03:58 AM   #24
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Hey, I remember that time too! Quite fondly, in fact. You know, there was a damn good reason why it used to be like that. Think real hard and you'll get there.
Don't need to think hard about it at all, things have changed because people will no longer tolerate bigoted/sexist/racist behaviours and viewpoints and rightly so.
If you truly want to go back to that kind of stuff being acceptable then there is something seriously wrong with you.
hypered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 06:57 AM   #25
AquaParade
Banned

It’s just the pendulum swinging harder than it needs to, for good measure. There is a lot of racism, sexism, and bigotry out there. But now we’re in a position where we can’t step outside or even watch a movie without being told we are culpable at best.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 11:34 AM   #26
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypered1 View Post
Don't need to think hard about it at all, things have changed because people will no longer tolerate bigoted/sexist/racist behaviours and viewpoints and rightly so.
If you truly want to go back to that kind of stuff being acceptable then there is something seriously wrong with you.
Yep, that must be it. You're the good guys here*. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

* - While still doing your very best to sow more hatred, social divisions and bigotry than there ever was before.
Old 12-05-2021, 12:35 PM   #27
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
While still doing your very best to sow more hatred, social divisions and bigotry than there ever was before.
Which is exactly what you're doing with commentary like this; it's ironic that you can't see just how hypocritical you're being. But then they do say that ignorance is bliss.
Old 12-05-2021, 12:39 PM   #28
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Which is exactly what you're doing with commentary like this; it's ironic that you can't see just how hypocritical you're being.
Am I? Or are you people projecting your own goals and tactics onto me? Food for thought.

Quote:
But then they do say that ignorance is bliss.
You're the one happy with the current run, so I gotta say I very much agree with that sentiment.
Old 12-05-2021, 01:05 PM   #29
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Am I? Or are you people projecting your own goals and tactics onto me?
Pot. Kettle. Black.

Try harder.
Old 12-05-2021, 01:08 PM   #30
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Pot. Kettle. Black.
Dude, that's racist.
Old 12-05-2021, 01:24 PM   #31
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Dude, that's racist.
It's an idiom you clown: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_po...e_kettle_black
Old 12-05-2021, 01:25 PM   #32
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Chill out there, Drax.
Old 12-05-2021, 01:34 PM   #33
mrmaczaps
Banned

Tigerclaw is racist and you other two need to get a room.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 01:37 PM   #34
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
Tigerclaw is racist and you other two need to get a room.
Hey, considering how much fun I already have with hypered1 here, I'm game if he is!
Old 12-05-2021, 02:03 PM   #35
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

This conversation is so dumb. Wokeness is stupid. It adds nothing, and only corrupts that which already exists. It is not at all that people don't tolerate racisim or bigotry anymore, it's that they keep redefining everything to be racist or bigoted or whatever as part of a targeted effort to bring down anything that doesn't fit with their opinions. It's honestly at the point that If I have to explain it, there's not really any point in discussing it because it's so OBVIOUSLY wrong that the conversation would go nowhere.

Most new things these days are focused not on telling good stories, but on casting characters because of superficial elements like the color of their skin, rather than their talent, and forcing in "diversity," which at this point can just be taken to mean more black people and women, which isn't really diverse at all. An "all women cast," for example, is not diverse. It's just an extreme of a different category. Woke people like to pretend that diversity didn't exist until they came around to fix it, forgetting all the great shows and movies of the past that just had casual diversity. People were different, and no one made a big deal about it because you shouldn't make a big deal about it! Skin color, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, whatever; they're all just traits. They shouldn't be the whole of your being, and a character written around one trait almost always ends up a poor character.

Being "woke" is just being racist, sexist, or bigoted, but towards different groups, and then telling anyone who doesn't agree with you that they must be racist too. For a group of people that claims to want to promote tolerence and end hate, I have never in my life encountered people so intolerent and full of hate.
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 04:16 PM   #36
Vegita-San
Emperor

how did we even get to this point in the conversation, anyway?

point is, IDW is loosing franchises left and right. they already lost star wars to dark horse. they can't afford to loose anymore. and if they loose turtles, you might as well put a fork in them.

they put all their money on franchises they didn't own. might have gotten them name brand recognition, but didn't help them in the long run.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 04:21 PM   #37
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
how did we even get to this point in the conversation, anyway?

point is, IDW is loosing franchises left and right. they already lost star wars to dark horse. they can't afford to loose anymore. and if they loose turtles, you might as well put a fork in them.

they put all their money on franchises they didn't own. might have gotten them name brand recognition, but didn't help them in the long run.
Yeah, IDW is shaping up to be the first of the five to fall. It's starting to look like IDW's TMNT might very well join the ranks of literally every other TMNT comic in unceremonius cancellation and no conclusion. Which sucks, because I was hoping it would eventually recover with new writers, but now it may very well never get the chance.
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 04:31 PM   #38
Leo656
The Franchise

ChosenOne's current sig pic is cracking me up.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 06:46 PM   #39
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Old 12-05-2021, 08:40 PM   #40
Bahamut810
Stone Warrior

Quote:
This is blatantly incorrect. They wont tolerate *some* bigoted/sexist/racist behaviors. There are many a goalposts moved to justify doing and saying things that, if White and X race were switched, it would be completely bigoted but since its going in the right direction its accepted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656
Me too
Bahamut810 is offline   Reply With Quote