The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 02-08-2009, 11:44 PM   #61
Tinuvielsdreams
Nothing without passion

I just found out about this earlier. I have to go with the side that says I am not liking this idea very much. I am all for getting extra stuff with my DVDs but now we have a staggered Season 7 release and I just don't really get the point in the long run.
I personally like the idea of the box set like they did with season 1. Heck I bought it and I still have my little mini figs on the DVD rack. They should do 4 discs and package it with the figs
This would be a really great opportunity to throw in missing Eppys and give us the European vacation episodes. That will have to be my possible bright side.
Tinuvielsdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 09:30 AM   #62
Drtooth
Foot Elite

Details of these said boxes
Old 02-09-2009, 10:06 AM   #63
CyberCubed
Overlord

Well that sucks, I counted up the eps on the box and it comes out to 27 episodes, which is what Season 7 + European vacation is.

However this means Planet of the Turtleoids and Once upon a Time Machine are skipped AGAIN!

I can't believe this garbage! I don't give a damn about some 20 year old's TMNT collection (no offense to the people here who got filmed...haha), where are the two missing episodes?

What the hell is wrong with Lionsgate? Even after all this damn time, NOBODY can get Lionsgate to get the skipped eps on the DVD?

This is the biggest load of crap I've ever seen. Go and enjoy your "20 year olds who own TMNT toys" special features at the expense of the two missing episodes. How about someone try to convince Lionsgate about the missing eps instead of giggling with a pair of nunchucks in front of a camera?

****ing horrible. Its absolutely pathetic and a disgrace to see this keep happening with every release. The fact that Red Sky is next means we'll probably never get the skipped eps now.

Great show, people, let's have Lionsgate screw us over for the millionth time. ****ing retarded.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 10:54 AM   #64
Drtooth
Foot Elite

The representative came in and said basically, "we don't know where they go." Which I have to say, I can't see why they can't just add them as bonus episodes. Even, at least, put Once Upon a Time Machine on the first disk, evening out the 7 episodes on every other disk.

Or even putting them as bonus episodes so people will actually buy season 10, since they have a third of it on the first disk.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:12 AM   #65
Cipher
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drtooth View Post
Those extras sound awesome. New interviews with the Mirage crew and the old cartoon writers are something I'd been hoping for.

It sucks that the missing episodes aren't present, especially considering how awesome "Planet of the Turtleoids" is and the fact that yet another one of its follow-up episodes is in Season Seven. Groundchuck and Dirtbag's appearences are going to seem kind of random.

And lastly, I'm slowly warming up to the split release. No, it's not ideal. No, the figures don't grab me. But even if the price tag does total between $40 and $50, that's not unreasonable compared to what most televsion season sets cost.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:15 AM   #66
X
Stone Warrior

Speak for yourself...

I'm just glad they put the old show out.

Lionsgate is missing a whopping 2 episodes, but give us the European episodes, which I've never seen, and I'm supposed to feel cheated?

Nah...

First off, let me tell you how I feel cheated.

I buy Ducktales volumes 1,2 and 3. Where's number 4? They can't give us the last 25 episodes, so basically I got an unfinished series, whos last release was summer of 2007?

I buy Darkwing Duck volumes 1,2. Where's 3? We can't get the last 27 episodes? So again, Disney sticks it right where it counts to those who thought they'd get a finished series of their favorite shows.

I buy Inspector Gadget on DVD. I get 25 episodes out of what 60 plus? They have no future releases planned, so another of my favorite cartoons goes unfinished.

I buy C.O.P.S. on DVD. I get 20 plus episodes (can't remember,) and they cancel any future release.

Same goes for any other show. I know of many on DVD that never even got to season 2, but here is Lionsgate, on season 7. Just 3 seasons away from a full series, and should people not care about red sky, then they can say they got the best seasons.

So I am thankful for this. Heck even 4Kids can't commit to release dates for season 3 and on for the current show. We know next to nothing about the current TMNT because of so much secrecy that is uneeded.

I would be very thankful to Lionsgate, and if it means sacrificing my favorite episode (Planet of the Turtleoids,) then so be it. Most people who devote themselves to certain shows either -

1. Don't have them on DVD at all.

2. Don't have a chance to finish their favorite show on DVD.

I can live without 2 episodes, out of 193, as long as they finish, and only skip 1-2 episodes.

If Lionshate sees this, thank you, don't think everyone speaks for each other here.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:20 AM   #67
Deathknight
Mad Scientist

Thank god I still have the official vhs of those missing eps. Stupid Liongates, nobody cares that you don't know where they go. If you don't know where they go here's an interesting idea for you. MAKE THEM A STUPID SPECIAL FEATURE! Call them bonus episodes or something, nobody cares how they're put in as long as we get them.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:21 AM   #68
Weapon X
Turtle Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drtooth View Post
I'm actually kinda excited now. Sure having it split like this is still kinda weird, but were getting the complete season, new special features, and those little Turtle figures, which I'll probably give to my girlfriend as she likes that kinda stuff.
Weapon X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:57 PM   #69
Drtooth
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by X View Post
Speak for yourself...

I buy Ducktales volumes 1,2 and 3. Where's number 4? They can't give us the last 25 episodes, so basically I got an unfinished series, whos last release was summer of 2007?

I buy Darkwing Duck volumes 1,2. Where's 3? We can't get the last 27 episodes? So again, Disney sticks it right where it counts to those who thought they'd get a finished series of their favorite shows.
Disney's Fault. Again, other than a couple lousy shows they think are profitable (yeah, why I saw so much of it hitting 90% off clearance, and why there was walls of it left, even on the last day the last KB was open), they could care less.

Quote:
I buy Inspector Gadget on DVD. I get 25 episodes out of what 60 plus? They have no future releases planned, so another of my favorite cartoons goes unfinished.
Shout apparently didn't think it was profitable. They let Fox get the rights to distribute the series, and they promised to continue right where Shout left off. They offered one lousy DVD with 3 episodes on it, and a 25th anniversary tag on it, fans complained, they dropped it, and now are just sitting on the license, not knowing what the hell to do with it.

So if you ask me, we actually got it pretty sweet. All we're gonna miss is 3 episodes, considering they'd keep the DVD's going. Disney effed royally up with fans on every single release... not even bothering to put up bonus features....
Old 02-09-2009, 03:55 PM   #70
gobo
Wacky Action

Good to know they're at least all coming out on the same day. You know, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the perpetually-skipped eps wind up as purchase incentives for Season 10 or a best-of compilation.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 03:56 PM   #71
Ioz
Foot Soldier

I'd much rather have the missing episodes than fan interviews. Like somebody else said, I hope they at the very least put the missing episodes on Season 10's release since we already have some of those episodes anyways.
Ioz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 04:30 PM   #72
ToTheNines
[sic]

I really really really don't want to buy this season, due to the blatant "eff you" they're giving us fans... but I'm a slave

I guess I'll buy them all, see if I can some how fit all four discs into the Season 7 Part 1 box so this season dosen't totally rape my shelf space.

FU*K!
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 08:40 PM   #73
sdp
Megan Fox = April

well didn't the person making the Special Features say the Lionsgate knows now about the missing episodes and that they were only skipped because of online guides?

In fact the biggest mistake is from online guides that the episodes are skipped...as long as we get them I'll be happy.l
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:02 PM   #74
MrPliggins
Foot Elite

I think it's kind of cool that the European episodes and the Season 7 episodes are seperate (European vol 1 and 2, s7 vol 3 and 4). That way, the European eps can go right between season 3 and 4. The season 7 eps in two volumes isn't so bad, I guess.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 01:41 PM   #75
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
Good to know they're at least all coming out on the same day. You know, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the perpetually-skipped eps wind up as purchase incentives for Season 10 or a best-of compilation.
is this really a tfact that all four volumes are coming out the same day? I was a little confused on that.

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight...for HIM?

~Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 01:57 PM   #76
gobo
Wacky Action

In as much as TV Shows On DVD didn't say that Lionsgate told them this, it's possibly just inferred from e-tailers like Amazon.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 02:14 PM   #77
Vegita-San
Emperor

I've been told they get news from industry insiders. LionsGate ignores EVERYONE's request for news, even them

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 02:45 PM   #78
Kendamu
Sewerhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I can't believe this garbage! I don't give a damn about some 20 year old's TMNT collection (no offense to the people here who got filmed...haha)...
Yeah. Screw you, too.

And I'm 25!
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:24 AM   #79
LeoNerdo
Stone Warrior

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Teenage...Season-7/11347

MSRP is $14.95, so you guys were right on the price pretty much. it'll be around $40 for all of them.
LeoNerdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:32 AM   #80
The Terror of Death
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoNerdo View Post
MSRP is $14.95, so you guys were right on the price pretty much. it'll be around $40 for all of them.
I cant order it offline like everyone else so I'm going to have buy it at full price. I hate when I have to pay over $30 for boxsets.
The Terror of Death is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dvd releases