The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 09-30-2013, 05:46 AM   #41
HeroTurtlesFan
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCollectorGuy View Post
I'm going to love it when it's announced that it will be released for U.S as well, and you guys are gonna be all "Oops, should've thought about that". Honestly, U.K gets something, U.S will, too. End of story.
You're not quite understanding.

It is completely possible, nay likely, that the US will see a series box set release at some point.

THIS IS NOT IT.

The US is not getting a box set on the 18th Nov. As it currently stands, no news on when it will.

There has been the possibility/probability of a season box set right from day 1 in the US - this news doesn't really change that either way.THAT'S what people are trying to explain to you.

I think it's almost guaranteed you'll get a box set in the US at some point though.
HeroTurtlesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:55 AM   #42
Gyt Kaliba
Stone Warrior

Looks like it's just a paper box with the previous releases shoved inside of it, from what I can tell in the picture. In that case, I'm fine with just having picked up the singles as they trickled out, supposing the US does get this set I mean.
Old 09-30-2013, 12:04 PM   #43
Master Splinter
幸 - 愛 - 思う

Quote:
Across three posters, you guys just mentioned my whole arguement. They. Are. Not. OFFICIAL. THIS is. Turtles Forever uncut was made by a UK studio that had nothing to do with TMNT beforehand. The OT got the special treatment with UK because of that whole "Hero Turtles" crap (I don't even think the DVDs were actually made with someone with the TMNT, either), and the BttS DVD is the SAME thing. THIS is official. THIS will most likely be released into the U.S, which, last I checked, has the biggest sales in merchindising!
Official... You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means.

Those are official releases for those items. What else would they be? Bootlegs??? I don't think so. TMNT is licensed by a lot of companies here in the U.S. and overseas. If a company holds a license and they release a product, it is an official release. It may just be that country but it is definitely an official release.

-ms
Old 09-30-2013, 01:04 PM   #44
JTH
"ME"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
Official... You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means.

Those are official releases for those items. What else would they be? Bootlegs??? I don't think so. TMNT is licensed by a lot of companies here in the U.S. and overseas. If a company holds a license and they release a product, it is an official release. It may just be that country but it is definitely an official release.

-ms
Had waited 8 hours to come home from work to say this. Now I don't have to, Thank you.
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 02:38 PM   #45
Aaronardo
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroTurtlesFan View Post
You're not quite understanding.

It is completely possible, nay likely, that the US will see a series box set release at some point.

THIS IS NOT IT.

The US is not getting a box set on the 18th Nov. As it currently stands, no news on when it will.

There has been the possibility/probability of a season box set right from day 1 in the US - this news doesn't really change that either way.THAT'S what people are trying to explain to you.

I think it's almost guaranteed you'll get a box set in the US at some point though.
I don't think YOU understand. I never said the U.S version WILL come Nov 18th, I actually clearly said that I doubt we'll get one until December!

MS: Looking back at the Region 2 release of Turtles Forever, turns out it was official, anyway. But I do understand what you're saying anyway.

But that's uncut things. This is a BOX SET. Of COURSE they will release it in the U.S. Now, if it were some sort of Season 1 boxset featuring all these special features, looking into the past, I wouldn't say we'd get THAT. But go on amazon.co.uk, and most of the TMNT DVDs say "(US Import)" on them. If the UK gets anything, we probably will, too.

We GOT a Turtles Forever DVD. Period. We GOT a TMNT Film 1 DVD. Period. All these extras that come with the UK versions are great, just not great for us over her at the US. My point is, if they get a TMNT Season 1 boxset, we will GET one. Period. I can't say we'll get special features or not or even if we BOTH do, but honestly, the US is the most powerful part of their market. It would be retardical (if that's even a word. Probably isn't, but what the hell), to not!

That's my reasoning, at least. But on topic with topics that aren't arguments, it does kinda look like the volumes all bunched up together. Probably disc re-paints or something. I don't care, at least we won't have to go searching around for them all
"The Biosites have almost finished healing my flesh." - Shredder
"Because we're takin' the heart and you're goin' to jail!" - Donatello
Aaronardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 04:02 PM   #46
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

And how can you be sure the U.S. will even get this? There are a lot of things other countries have gotten that we haven't even though TMNT was MADE in the U.S. originally. I'm not going to hold my breath on this and stick with the single disc releases as it's easier for me to do. If we do get it, cool. But if not, then you guys are missing out by waiting for something that may never come our way.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:18 PM   #47
Leo656
The Franchise

If it does end up being just the three single-issue discs in a flimsy box, who really gives a sh*t anyways? Lots of kids' shows don't get "competent" box sets. Sh*t, Best Buy has a Teen Titans "Collector's Set" that is *literally* just the six or so single-issue DVDs wrapped in shrink wrap, clearly done by someone in the store's stock room, with a sticker on it that says "Best Buy Exclusive Collector's Box Set!" Such high-end production quality will cost around $60, by the way. Just about what someone buying them individually would pay.

I mean, yeah, we could get something big and fancy and high-end, but there's no guarantee that any "Complete Season One" of the Nick TMNT show won't just be the three single discs bundled together for almost the same price as the combined individual cost. It'll probably be something close to that, which is hardly anything to shout about. I just care about having the episodes, so singles or box set makes no difference to me whatsoever.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 02:42 AM   #48
JH24
Hench Mutant

^

True, I understand what you mean, but for some people (including me) a box set (even if just a collection of all volumes) would be great to have. Some people would like to have one for their collection, or prefer to have a box set instead of separate volumes, or even just enjoy the feeling associated with having an entire season in one complete package. (I had that same feeling with box sets in the past)

Yeah, in the end, having all the volumes would still mean having the complete season, but it would be nice to have a choice if they'll release a box set as well.

I was planning to order the individual volumes in November, but if I can order the box set online, I'll try to go for that one. Even if it's a collection of volumes I just enjoy having one package. And a complete box set is more fun to give away as a gift/present as well IMHO.

Last edited by JH24; 10-01-2013 at 02:59 AM.
JH24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:00 AM   #49
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Still waiting for a season one blu-ray set..
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 02:43 PM   #50
Aaronardo
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
And how can you be sure the U.S. will even get this? There are a lot of things other countries have gotten that we haven't even though TMNT was MADE in the U.S. originally. I'm not going to hold my breath on this and stick with the single disc releases as it's easier for me to do. If we do get it, cool. But if not, then you guys are missing out by waiting for something that may never come our way.
Didn't I already say something like this?

Quote:
But that's uncut things. This is a BOX SET. Of COURSE they will release it in the U.S. Now, if it were some sort of Season 1 boxset featuring all these special features, looking into the past, I wouldn't say we'd get THAT. But go on amazon.co.uk, and most of the TMNT DVDs say "(US Import)" on them. If the UK gets anything, we probably will, too.

We GOT a Turtles Forever DVD. Period. We GOT a TMNT Film 1 DVD. Period. All these extras that come with the UK versions are great, just not great for us over her at the US. My point is, if they get a TMNT Season 1 boxset, we will GET one. Period. I can't say we'll get special features or not or even if we BOTH do, but honestly, the US is the most powerful part of their market. It would be retardical (if that's even a word. Probably isn't, but what the hell), to not!
I think I did.

Anyway, I agree with Leo656. It probably will be just a couple of single-release DVDs mashed together in some cheap packaging, but at least it'll be something. I'd rather just buy all the releases at once shaving around $5 to $10 off rather than hunting for them and just buying them for more. That's just me, though.
Old 10-01-2013, 06:16 PM   #51
Toby Barrett
Stone Warrior

Probobly just the three single set discs in a cardboard box, like the Ninja Turtle movie trilogy set.
Toby Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 06:33 PM   #52
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
Still waiting for a season one blu-ray set..
Is there going to be one? I'm thinking of downloading hd amazon instant video or iTunes, but I think it's not available in my country..
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 07:02 PM   #53
Ravenxl7
Stone Warrior

I was initially rather excited by this thread. Not only would I be able to buy the complete first season all at once, I would be able to get it with some birthday money. Seeing as how the only confirmed full season set is for the UK, I'll hold off on getting excited till a similar set is confirmed for the US. Even if it's just the three individual sets taped together, it'll be something to be happy about. That said, there is no guarantee we'll see a full season set here in the states. We'll just have to wait and see.
Old 10-01-2013, 11:08 PM   #54
Kevin G
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
Yes! I'm SOOOO glad I didn't buy those single DVDS. We're getting a complete box set in November! The 18th, to be exact. It's called "First Mutations". I'm so happy about this!

http://www.entertainment-focus.com/t...ases-november/

Shout out to member ThatCollectorGuy for discovering this information!
Donatello19, I can't tell how thankful I am that you posted this. This so awesome and the best part is, it's coming out on my birthday!!!!

I am totally holding off on buying the singles. This box set will look so nice next my OTS Turtle Van box set
Kevin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:30 PM   #55
Powder
So tired of this place

It's
a
UK
release.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:52 AM   #56
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin G View Post
Donatello19, I can't tell how thankful I am that you posted this. This so awesome and the best part is, it's coming out on my birthday!!!!

I am totally holding off on buying the singles. This box set will look so nice next my OTS Turtle Van box set
Kevin it's a UK release. You're better off getting the singles.
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:55 AM   #57
JTH
"ME"

The funny thing about this is that people are just assuming that this will come to the US for a release just because the UK will.

Yet you don't need to look any further than the 2 Disc Ultimate Showdown Volume 3 DVD that just came out yesterday that is a Region 1 only release while the UK is not getting that release and splitting them apart and doing a Volume 4.

We're not being paranoid when we say these things, there's proof right in front of us that all releases are not a guarantee for everywhere.
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:01 PM   #58
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
It's
a
UK
release.
That
is
good
for
me
Old 10-02-2013, 12:08 PM   #59
Jeff
Stone Warrior

Unless a Blu-ray release is coming, I'm content with the 3 separate volumes. They go nicely with my 80s and 2K3 series singles.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:55 PM   #60
Aaronardo
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
It's
a
UK
release.
If
the
UK
is
getting
it,
the
US
will
too.
The
examples
everyone
shows
on
the
UK
getting
something
we
don't
is
just
uncut
stuff.
Shut
up
already.
Season
is
coming
out
in
US,
too.
Deal with it. (o_o I hope that doesn't count as spam).

Tags
dvd releases