The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 11-25-2014, 11:20 AM   #61
BlueKatana
Stone Warrior

I preordered it from Target.com since I had a $2 off coupon code, and if you preorder on their website you get all 4 exclusive slipcovers.
Old 11-25-2014, 12:17 PM   #62
SS Kakarot
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Kakarot View Post
The movie was in theaters here (The Netherlands) in August, meanwhile the release date for the DVD/Blu-ray has still not been announced yet.

A lot of movies that were in theaters around the same time are being released now.
Funny I posted this just a few days ago, now the release date has been revealed (finally).
I updated the first post with the date.
SS Kakarot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 12:04 PM   #63
Rat A Tat
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
The Digital version of the film is available now, The version at Vudu has some bonus features, But no deleted scenes, But does have an Extended Elevator scene, Don't know what else they added to it, I recall that scene being edited.
http://www.vudu.com/movies/#!content...bonus-features
It's going to be on sale at Vudu for $9.96 for Black Friday. I'm not sure if the BF price will start Thursday or Friday, but probably Thursday evening.

There's also a promo in which you can text the word "FUNNY" to 698838 and get a $5 Vudu credit code, essentially making the movie $4.96. Or if you bought another Vudu credit code off of someone online, you could get the movie for about $2.50.

Incidentally, Guardians of the Galaxy and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes will both also be on sale for $9.96.
Old 11-26-2014, 12:23 PM   #64
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat A Tat View Post
It's going to be on sale at Vudu for $9.96 for Black Friday. I'm not sure if the BF price will start Thursday or Friday, but probably Thursday evening.

There's also a promo in which you can text the word "FUNNY" to 698838 and get a $5 Vudu credit code, essentially making the movie $4.96. Or if you bought another Vudu credit code off of someone online, you could get the movie for about $2.50.

Incidentally, Guardians of the Galaxy and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes will both also be on sale for $9.96.
But will it be $9.96 for the HD and HDX version? Both are currently $22.99

Though I still plan on buying the physical copy on December 16.

managed to get the $5 credit for texting that code, Since I had credit previously, I have 10 dollars in promo credits.

Last edited by TigerClaw; 11-26-2014 at 01:53 PM.
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 02:05 PM   #65
Rat A Tat
Foot Soldier

Quote:
But will it be $9.96 for the HD and HDX version? Both are currently $22.99

Though I still plan on buying the physical copy on December 16.

managed to get the $5 credit for texting that code, Since I had credit previously, I have 10 dollars in promo credits.
There's nothing officially confirming that it's the HDX version that will be $9.96, but it's all but a foregone conclusion. GotG HDX was mistakenly put on its $9.96 price for a while yesterday before going back to it's regular price. I'm sure it'll be $9.96 for the HDX of all three of the BF films.
Old 11-26-2014, 05:00 PM   #66
B-Man
Hench Mutant

Anybody else getting the Raph Statue version...? I'm umming & arrghing on the matter. I wanna see at least one more photo of it (than the standard one they're using) before committing.

"They were many. But we kicked... We fought well."
B-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 05:08 PM   #67
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Man View Post
Anybody else getting the Raph Statue version...? I'm umming & arrghing on the matter. I wanna see at least one more photo of it (than the standard one they're using) before committing.
Im thinking of getting that one, but I wanna know what comes in the bluray as far as features, I know it has the 3D version, But I would like to know if it has a bunch of BTS stuff, But stuff we haven't already seen?
Old 11-26-2014, 05:20 PM   #68
B-Man
Hench Mutant

Yeah same. I'm hoping it's not all stuff that's already on Youtube. The new 'Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes' blu-ray has heaps of never before seen featurettes so I'm hoping TMNT is the same. The specs have been titled, but they're just titles at this point. I wanna see:

- Audition footage of the Turtle actors.
- Raw footage of Pete Ploszek in character to hear what his Leo sounded like.
- Johnny Knoxville in the recording booth (he said Liebesman let him push & shove him around in order to get authentic grunts. There's no way they didn't video that)
- Featurette spanning the more recent history of TMNT (which 'Turtle Power' didn't cover).

Little bummed that two of the special features are Making Of Shell Shocked & the Music Video. That song is bad no matter how you look at it.

"They were many. But we kicked... We fought well."

Last edited by B-Man; 11-26-2014 at 05:31 PM.
B-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 07:01 AM   #69
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

The movie is now available for $9.96 on Vudu, all versions including the HDX versions are the same price now. I managed to get it since i had $10.00 in Promotional Credits.
http://www.vudu.com/movies/#!content...bonus-features
Old 11-27-2014, 12:09 PM   #70
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Just watched the Extended Elevator scene, It showed a little bit of extra, And I believe when you see Leo twerking or something.
Old 11-27-2014, 02:42 PM   #71
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

I can't wait till the 16th of December I want this movie badly so I can watch off the big screen.
Old 11-27-2014, 03:47 PM   #72
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Just watched the Extended Elevator scene, It showed a little bit of extra, And I believe when you see Leo twerking or something.
Nice, thank you. Gives me hope this is included on disc then, too.

Poor Leo... not gonna live that down, at least not until the sequel if someone else pulls something crazy. lol
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 03:51 PM   #73
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Nice, thank you. Gives me hope this is included on disc then, too.

Poor Leo... not gonna live that down, at least not until the sequel if someone else pulls something crazy. lol
The whole clip lasts for about 1 minute and 4 seconds.
Old 11-28-2014, 04:28 AM   #74
SS Kakarot
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Kakarot View Post
Funny I posted this just a few days ago, now the release date has been revealed (finally).
I updated the first post with the date.
As if February 11th wasn't late enough for a movie that was released in theaters in August, the DVD/BD release date for The Netherlands has now changed to February 25th!
Old 11-29-2014, 06:06 PM   #75
DVD
Mad Scientist

Arrow

Picked up the local single BD release yesterday and plan to watch it this afternoon .
I will pick up one if the special editions next month.

On the BD front, I have an offer to anyone (stress one) in Canada.
I got my Batman TB BD set and it comes with a digital download option. The offer in this set is only available in Canada. If anyone is interested, I can on you the code to activate the download (officially) of all 120 episodes.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 04:58 AM   #76
SS Kakarot
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD View Post
Picked up the local single BD release yesterday and plan to watch it this afternoon .
I will pick up one if the special editions next month.

On the BD front, I have an offer to anyone (stress one) in Canada.
I got my Batman TB BD set and it comes with a digital download option. The offer in this set is only available in Canada. If anyone is interested, I can on you the code to activate the download (officially) of all 120 episodes.
Is the BD cover picture the same in Shanghai as all the other regular editions?
Didn't know it had been released there yet.

Found out about another exclusive box, only being released in Taiwan.
Updated the first post with release dates.

Last edited by SS Kakarot; 11-30-2014 at 10:57 AM.
Old 12-01-2014, 01:55 PM   #77
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Just preordered my DVD off of Amazon.
Old 12-01-2014, 03:23 PM   #78
massakre
Foot Soldier

Target is now offering a $5 Target Online Gift Card, in addition to all 4 slip covers, if you preorder their exclusive blu ray, which also comes with a Target exclusive bonus disc. Just a heads up.

Last edited by massakre; 12-02-2014 at 11:23 AM.
massakre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 04:12 PM   #79
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Be Warned Amazon's stock on the DVD version is limited I was told I might not get my DVD till January. I told them if it didn't ship on the 16th id cancel.

Canceled my order from Amazon and preordered from Walmart. Ironically Amazon Lists this movie as a Comedy.

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 12-07-2014 at 02:21 PM.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 05:07 PM   #80
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by massakre View Post
Target is now offering a $5 Target Online Gift Card, in addition to all 4 slip covers, if you preorder their exclusive blu ray, which also comes with a Target exclusive bonus disc. Just a heads up.
I discovered that a few days ago. I have a feeling that the gift card will come in handy. (As if they never do.)
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dvd releases