The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 12-02-2014, 07:30 PM   #81
dragonside
Hench Mutant

anybody see these ?

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/teenage-.../6000189136429

Cant' really tell if these are just hte normal figures... they look like they are a little better...
dragonside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 05:07 PM   #82
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Just pre-ordered the one from Amazon with the Raph Statue, I signed up for the free trial of Amazon Prime, To get the Free 2 Day Shipping. I recently got one of those Visa Reward cards from AT&T, and using it to get that along with Guardians of the Galaxy 3D as well.
Old 12-08-2014, 01:45 AM   #83
tmntpower2k14
Thug

Does anyone have a photo guide to all the different covers and versions for the blu-ray to help me in my decision making process? I want a cover that features all of them on it as opposed to just an individual turtle. I would greatly appreciate that if any of you fellow turtle fans could help me out.
tmntpower2k14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 04:08 AM   #84
SS Kakarot
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntpower2k14 View Post
Does anyone have a photo guide to all the different covers and versions for the blu-ray to help me in my decision making process? I want a cover that features all of them on it as opposed to just an individual turtle. I would greatly appreciate that if any of you fellow turtle fans could help me out.
Check the first post, I made a list of all the exclusives, including cover pictures.
SS Kakarot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 04:32 AM   #85
joefsas
Stone Warrior

I'm probably gunna sound like a bit of a pleb asking this but, what is a steelbook?
Is it just a fancy case for your standard blu-ray disc?
Old 12-08-2014, 04:41 AM   #86
Chaotix12345
Stone Warrior

Yeah, it's basically a fancy metal case that usually has more artwork.
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 08:15 AM   #87
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefsas View Post
I'm probably gunna sound like a bit of a pleb asking this but, what is a steelbook?
Just like what he said above, all the features of the movie remain the same, So there really is no difference other then the cases themselves, So no matter which version you get, They all will contain the same amount of features.
Old 12-08-2014, 08:39 AM   #88
evan2000
Stone Warrior

Anybody knows which language audio will be available in which region? I was hoping to get the version with as many language that I speak as possible, which are mostly Asian languages. I'm thinking the Hong Kong version might be the closest to what I am looking for. Also wonder if there's any region outside of Japan that will include the Japanese dub, really curious to find out how they sound like!
evan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 08:56 AM   #89
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

It would have been nice if they had audio commentary for this film, Usually I would watch a movie again, but only with the commentary track.
Old 12-08-2014, 09:06 AM   #90
evan2000
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
It would have been nice if they had audio commentary for this film, Usually I would watch a movie again, but only with the commentary track.
Commentary by...

Spoiler:
Michael Bay?
evan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 10:00 AM   #91
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan2000 View Post
Commentary by...

Spoiler:
Michael Bay?
some movies have more then one commentary track, usually from the director, producers or writers.
Old 12-08-2014, 06:31 PM   #92
Brodie
Certified Teacher

Just so people are aware, Amazon.ca has the Raph statue version for $39.99. With shipping to US, it translates to about $44 US.
Old 12-08-2014, 08:54 PM   #93
B-Man
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie View Post
Just so people are aware, Amazon.ca has the Raph statue version for $39.99. With shipping to US, it translates to about $44 US.
Brodie you f*cking legend Just ordered two of them (one for my brother for xmas & one for me for me ), thanks for the heads up!

"They were many. But we kicked... We fought well."
B-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 01:00 AM   #94
tmntpower2k14
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefsas View Post
Essentially an overrated, overpriced version of a normal blu ray with a special cover on a "steel" case ...

However, they suck. Very cheap. All my "steelbooks" have cracked, or scratched with minimal contact. The cover is basically a paint coating that scratches too easily.

The only steel book that actually didn't get the image scratched off, but had the image imprinted into the actual case was the DVD steelbook for The Dark Knight.
Old 12-09-2014, 01:19 AM   #95
FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza
Mad Scientist

Normally I love steelbooks. I feel like most of my BluRay are steelbook (not really though). I haven't had the same problem with the artwork scratching off or anything. I did buy Watchmen in steelbook and immediately returned it because there was a giant dent in the back, which I couldn't see before hand 'cus it was hidden behind that card with the bio and features info and I managed a replacement. Man Of Steel, however, I didn't notice I bought one that was smashed on the spine until it was sitting on my shelf. WalMart sold out so that's my copy then.

Anyway... the TMNT steelbook looks stupid.
This wasn't going to be a day 1 purchase. Or even a day 30 purchase. I enjoyed it enough and it had it's moments, but I haven't even rushed for for Amazing Spider-Man 2 or Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.
The only reason I would rush out for a copy is the get a Donatello character BluRay from Target. 2 reasons: 1 Donnie is my fav regardless (Normally Raph is my other big fav but not so much in the film) and 2 Target has a bonus disc or bonus feature. And I love me some bonus features. Gimmy that tech documentary!

That being said... I MIGHT need help from someone willing to go out and get a copy for me... there's a REALLY good chance I wont be able to get to a Target to get a copy (I'll either be at work or I'll be off but I have no reliable way to get to either store... both are 60+ min away from me).

Inventory
FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 01:23 AM   #96
tmntpower2k14
Thug

Dawn of the Apes was BY far the best movie of the summer. Utterly amazing. Followed by Edge of Tomorrow. Both take a steaming dump on CA WS, and Guardians of the Galaxy.
Old 12-09-2014, 01:31 AM   #97
Mad Scientist

What is CA WS?

I got Edge of Tomorrow in Target steelbook It sits next to my seelbook for Elysium.

I thought Guardians was great and it was my birthday double feature with TMNT... so maybe it just seemed so much better in comparison to TMNT lol
(not really... it was the first movie I saw and I was legitimately in tears from laughter).

But, seriously TMNTPower2k14, anytime I want to know all the different variant releases a movie may get, I hit up BluRay.com . I'll look up the movie and generally in the film's Overview review it'll list "Other Versions" of the same movie. That's how I knew months ago what films are getting steelbook or what store has artwork better than others, etc. Some movies have exclusive bonus features depending on the store (Target had Godzilla with extra stuff, I think Best Buy had Edge of Tomorrow with extra features and Pacific Rim, I believe, had 1 extra footage exclusive to each major chain).
In this occasion, the 'Drome has you covered, but most other films dont have a fanbase like this so... it's handy at those times.

(Here's Pacific Rim as an example http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Pacifi...Blu-ray/72628/ )
(and here's TMNT as an example plus the site's review of the BluRay for anyone with HD home theaters
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Teenag...lu-ray/100310/ ... to keep it on topic)

Inventory

Last edited by FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza; 12-09-2014 at 02:19 AM.
Old 12-09-2014, 01:58 AM   #98
tmntpower2k14
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza View Post
What is CA WS?
Cap Winter Soldier, another overrated Marvel Studio flick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza
I thought Guardians was great and it was my birthday double feature with TMNT... so maybe it just seemed so much better in comparison to TMNT lol
(not really... it was the first movie I saw and I was legitimately in tears from laughter).
Meh it wasn't that funny, a lot of forced humor ... and IMO insanely overrated as a movie. That and Chris Pratt is just generally annoying to me. Shame he's in the new Jurassic Park.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza
But, seriously TMNTPower2k14, anytime I want to know all the different variant releases a movie may get, I hit up BluRay.com . I'll look up the movie and generally in the film's Overview review it'll list "Other Versions" of the same movie. That's how I knew months ago what films are getting steelbook or what store has artwork better than others, etc. Some movies have exclusive bonus features depending on the store (Target had Godzilla with extra stuff, I think Best Buy had Edge of Tomorrow with extra features and Pacific Rim, I believe, had 1 extra footage exclusive to each major chain).
Thanks for the advice, bro. What was the extra stuff the Target edition of Godzilla had? I liked that movie enough to own it. Was there a different cover.
Old 12-09-2014, 02:18 AM   #99
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntpower2k14 View Post
Cap Winter Soldier, another overrated Marvel Studio flick.

Meh it wasn't that funny, a lot of forced humor ... and IMO insanely overrated as a movie. That and Chris Pratt is just generally annoying to me. Shame he's in the new Jurassic Park.

Thanks for the advice, bro. What was the extra stuff the Target edition of Godzilla had? I liked that movie enough to own it. Was there a different cover.
Awe I actually liked Winter Soldier a lot... WAY more than most of the other Marvel movies. I didn't pay attention to the reviews, I felt they (Winter Solider reviews) were lower than the other films.

Yea there seems to be a lot of possible "shames" on Jurassic World... and Terminator Genesis.

The Target edition of Godzilla had an extra 30min feature called "Godzilla: Rebirth of an Icon" along with a Target Ticket for Ultraviolet.

Inventory
Old 12-09-2014, 02:47 AM   #100
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Winter Solider is actually a LOT better than the trash that is Guardians of the Galaxy imo.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dvd releases