The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 12-25-2018, 05:42 AM   #1
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

The episodes of the series which showcased the most character changes.

One thing that this series had going for it was the fact that if you watch a season one episode and a season four episode, you'll get to see that the season one Leonardo is NOT the season four Leo.

So let's mention the episodes in which a character changed the most.

New girl in town
Well, this is the episode which introduced Karai to the series and having her in the fold changed Leonardo. But the true character change in this episode didn't happen to him: that was Raphael. He takes over command of the team and finds out that he's not cut out for it, from that episode on he's a lot more appreciative of what Leo does in the team and it also showcases how much he actually loves his brothers as he couldn't handle the notion that they would lose Mikey because of his actions. You can also see it in episodes like "Slash and Destroy", "the invasion" and in "It came from the woods" how much this change impacted his character "Turtles come first."

Target: April O'Neil
Well the character change comes to April, as she comes to terms with her own stubbornness and how lucky she is to have the Turtles on her side, because even though she had left the team, the foot and Kraang surely didn't leave her out of their sights, knowing full well that if they get her, they'll get the Turtles as well. April learns that you shouldn't bear grudges or burn bridges, for the remainder of the series she had become more motherly as a result of that.

The Wrath of Tiger Claw
That episode changed Karai. After overhearing what Splinter said about her actually being his long lost daughter and after having lost her second in command status of the Foot to Tiger Claw she was reeling, what was really going on, was all she was ever taught by Shredder really all what she wanted to stand for, why was Shredder so quick in replacing her as second in command, what did she really mean to him? But it was when she and Tiger Claw were raiding Murakami's Noodle shop that the shift truly happened. From the Moment that she uttered the words "There's no honor in this." Oroku Karai became Hamato Miwa again.

Vengeance is mine
This was the episode in which Leonardo had his coming of age moment, this is when the happy-go-lucky 16 year old suddenly had to grow up on the spot. His plan to save Karai and bring her home succeeds but Leo fails to convince Karai not to go after Shredder alone. After she gets mutated, we see for the remainder of the third season that Leo has become a lot darker, brooding, filled with grief over what happened and how he could have done things differently. He kept that character change all the way to the final episode.

Those are the ones I can come up with at this moment, I'll think of others later.

Last edited by The Great Saiyaman; 12-25-2018 at 06:09 AM.
The Great Saiyaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 12:16 PM   #2
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Wanted Bebop and Rocksteady

Wanted Bebop and Rocksteady

Bebop and Rocksteady of two different Earths become good guys.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 12:24 PM   #3
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Raphael: Mutant Apocalypse by far has the most changes if we look at just the turtles.

Chompy has also grown pretty big by then, although Ice Cream Kitty is the same.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 12:28 PM   #4
Overlord

Slash and Destroy

Slash-Spike = Slash and Destroy
Old 01-19-2019, 05:11 AM   #5
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Saiyaman View Post

The Wrath of Tiger Claw
That episode changed Karai. After overhearing what Splinter said about her actually being his long lost daughter and after having lost her second in command status of the Foot to Tiger Claw she was reeling, what was really going on, was all she was ever taught by Shredder really all what she wanted to stand for, why was Shredder so quick in replacing her as second in command, what did she really mean to him? But it was when she and Tiger Claw were raiding Murakami's Noodle shop that the shift truly happened. From the Moment that she uttered the words "There's no honor in this." Oroku Karai became Hamato Miwa again.
This episode was certainly Karai's turning point, not so much from the 'honour' scene for me as I'm sure she quoted honour to Shredder previously but I agree it did show her as being less 'one of them', more humane.
This episode is where she finds the truth, that her whole life was a lie and that she'd been trying to kill her own father unknowingly, the man she thought was her father and trusted, did that to her. (though the target audience may watch that without looking too much into less of the emotional impact there ) After this as we know, her relationship with Shredder had gone, as was her fear of him it seems. She is now an ally to the TMNT (when not controlled by brain worm)

Last edited by newfan; 01-19-2019 at 06:04 AM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 03:31 AM   #6
Overlord

April O'Neil

April O'Neil = The one she gets superpowers.
Old 01-20-2019, 04:01 AM   #7
newfan
Mad Scientist

Requiem.

Turtles suffer a massive loss and have to adjust to life without their father and Sensei, with Leo now having additional responsibility. (though we really didn't see issues there)

When the TMNT had to do was needed to be done so far as Shredder, I liked the all in black detachment from their usual missions.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 04:15 AM   #8
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
April O'Neil = The one she gets superpowers.
Which one would that be, because the earliest episode in which they manifested themselves was "Monkey Brains" where she first became aware of her psychic abilities.

Or do you mean the episode "The Power within her" in which her power goes haywire?
Old 01-20-2019, 04:18 AM   #9
Overlord

Alopex and Tigerclaw

Alopex and Tigerclaw = Tale of Tigerclaw flashback scenes