The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 04-13-2024, 06:47 PM   #7381
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Hit 3 targets today and found everything we know is coming in this Haulathon cycle EXCEPT the turtles (no punk, no pizza club).
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 06:20 AM   #7382
Raph-IL
Mouser

Hit 2 today and one had restocked a bunch of old packs (Neutrino's, Superhero Bebop/Rocksteady, street gang packs, etc) and had an endcap for the new stuff but was all empty, and there were no labels for the actual Turtles themselves (pizza club or punk). The other one, which oddly has a much larger collectibles section, had nothing at all except the one Napoleon that's been there for months.

I haven't found an actual new NECA TMNT cartoon pack that I need in the wild locally for like 2 years now. Still need Rex-1, evil Rex-1, Space Usagi, Samurai Usagi, and Pizza Club Don. I only got April thanks to NECA's preorder, and I only got several of the recent two packs like the street gang, Lotus, Mona Lisa, etc at collectible shops or traveling. Thankfully I have barely had to overpay for anything so far but it's still stupid.
Raph-IL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 07:15 AM   #7383
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

They were stocked in increasingly weird locations.

One had nothing.

Another had them on an end cap of one of the "short" electronics aisles, several aisles away from the standard NECA zone.

The other had them on an end cap deep in the toys section, but it was an end cap you couldn't see from the main drag as it was in the often weirdly layed out LEGO section where one of those half height / partial shelving units was in front of it, obscuring from view. Almost left that one thinking it was a wash but on an impulse I wandered through the LEGO zone.

Might have bought multiple foots if this were still the era of $20 action figures. But with Baxter, Kirby, and Enforcer all ringing up over $100 total it gives quite the sticker shock.
Old 04-15-2024, 11:55 AM   #7384
TurtleManiac
Stone Warrior

Hoping there’s a Rex-1 re-release, that figure looks amazing and that episode is very nostalgic to me, one of my earliest childhood memories.

Kinda regret not getting the Punk disguise 4pak, but I didn’t know it was $160 until I saw it in store. Why couldn’t it be $100 like previous 4paks they did? The SDCC 2017 8pak was only $200, so apparently these figures have almost doubled in price. I might get the 4pak later on if I see it again but hopefully at least some of these figures can go on clearance, they’re getting pretty expensive.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24478755@N08/
TurtleManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 12:11 PM   #7385
jestergoblin
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleManiac View Post
Hoping there’s a Rex-1 re-release, that figure looks amazing and that episode is very nostalgic to me, one of my earliest childhood memories.

Kinda regret not getting the Punk disguise 4pak, but I didn’t know it was $160 until I saw it in store. Why couldn’t it be $100 like previous 4paks they did? The SDCC 2017 8pak was only $200, so apparently these figures have almost doubled in price. I might get the 4pak later on if I see it again but hopefully at least some of these figures can go on clearance, they’re getting pretty expensive.
4-packs haven't been $100 for years. They jumped to $125 in 2021, then up to $150 in 2022.

But yeah, it's rough that they're $150 while the two-packs are still ~$60ish.
jestergoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 03:09 PM   #7386
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by jestergoblin View Post
4-packs haven't been $100 for years. They jumped to $125 in 2021
Lol... I wouldn't say that the price changing ALL THE WAY BACK in 2021 warrants an italicized years --- that was more or less yesterday at this point. There is major artificial inflation here. NECA is doing it on purpose, they don't give a crap what we think. I'm just about done with all of their lines though. Just a few more releases in Toon/Mirage/Archie and I'm OUT of this game!
Old 04-15-2024, 07:32 PM   #7387
Dask
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
Just a few more releases in Toon/Mirage/Archie and I'm OUT of this game!
...and then they release figures from the 2K3 and 2012 series and the cycle repeats!
Dask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 09:10 PM   #7388
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dask View Post
...and then they release figures from the 2K3 and 2012 series and the cycle repeats!
Not my jam, no Ronin either.
Old 04-16-2024, 07:36 AM   #7389
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Finally saw pics of the Samurai/Astronaut 2 pack figures from all angles. I guess these guys take their shells off when they cosplay, lol.
Old Yesterday, 08:58 PM   #7390
mikey0
Foot Elite

Possible listings for Haulathon tomorrow: https://twitter.com/VaughnMichael13/...21196441960466
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:19 PM   #7391
Otter
Stone Warrior

Will items from this week still be available tomorrow, or is it a complete refresh?
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:08 AM   #7392
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

got the turtle 2 pack and brooklyn. nice to have a large trench coat.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:00 AM   #7393
oldmanwinters
Overlord

For some reason, I thought the pre-orders launched at 10am ET. Good thing I didn't particularly want any of this week's drops! Hope to snag a Mirage-style Baxter Stockman and Kirby eventually!

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:15 AM   #7394
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Good thing I didn't particularly want any of this week's drops!
I sat it out. Watched some reviews of today's drops and while I felt a slight tingle of temptation it quickly passed.

So, here's a question about B&R. I have an opened set from when they first dropped, and an unopened set which was "reissued" (reshipped?) a year or two or three later. At that time, some people (probably here on this forum too) swore they had updated hips and were better than that first drop. So that's why I grabbed it but have yet to open it.

Was that true, or were they just the same figures? Still, I am not paying a 3rd time for these guys.
Old Today, 08:23 AM   #7395
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
I sat it out. Watched some reviews of today's drops and while I felt a slight tingle of temptation it quickly passed.

So, here's a question about B&R. I have an opened set from when they first dropped, and an unopened set which was "reissued" (reshipped?) a year or two or three later. At that time, some people (probably here on this forum too) swore they had updated hips and were better than that first drop. So that's why I grabbed it but have yet to open it.

Was that true, or were they just the same figures? Still, I am not paying a 3rd time for these guys.
I only have the early release set too (early 2020, I think), but my Bebop had a bizzarely long and droopy chain around his waist. I figured it was some minor production error that either made the chain too long or prevented it from hitching securely to his body to keep the thing from drooping down to his knees.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:51 AM   #7396
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Nothing for me from today's drops. Why are they holding back on the Pizza Club Turtles those have been in stores for over 3 weeks.

I am more interested in the Beetlejuice stuff
Old Today, 08:54 AM   #7397
mikey see
Mad Scientist

I dig the costume 2-pack that dropped today, but don't $60 dig it. I'll grab it down the line if it's available for closer to $40. If that never happens, oh well, my Toon collection will live without it.

Quote:

I was under the impression that this was the first time these figures were given the new hips, hence the excitement. I could be totally wrong though, maybe it's only noteworthy because it's been awhile since they were available. I've got the re-release from year 2 or so when they added the vintage logo and the line on Bebop's abs. I have no clue what the hip situation is on those, they've been posed on the shelf for years.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:24 AM   #7398
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

I overslept so I didn't get the updated B&R. Maybe for the best, do I really want to spend over 60 bucks for two figures I already have? Only difference is the hip joints. first versions I can live with I suppose.

I did get the Samurai and Space set.

I have also managed to track down 3 of the Pizza Club turtles so far. I just need Mikey to complete them.

Anyway for those wondering, based on evidence people have been able to scrape up online, next Friday SHOULD be the pizza club turtles on target.com, but not sure what else.
Zulithe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:24 AM   #7399
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Yeah my unopened set is the one from when the logo was updated. Maybe I'm misremembering -- I bet I'm thinking of discussions about the hips of the subsequent B&R variants, not the plain versions, most of which I also have yet to open.

The funny thing about dropping the adventure turtles at the same time as an "enhanced" B&R set is that it reminds one, if the adventure turtles are insanely popular, NECA will re-release them with all-new shades of green and improvements to everything everyone is complaining about. So far in this line early adoption of high-demand figures has proven to be a bad move time and again.
Old Today, 10:34 AM   #7400
Dask
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey see View Post
I dig the costume 2-pack that dropped today, but don't $60 dig it.
The true value of these is getting them 4x to complete the astronaut and samurai sets. And, then mix and matching the lower heads with the secondary head pieces from the punk turtles.
Dask is offline   Reply With Quote