The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 05-06-2021, 09:33 PM   #41
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I think the 'special orders' are good ones, because a lot of people are out here virtue signaling, trying to look like they care more than they really do, to seem like a social media hero, bleeding heart, etc. It's important to remind people that honoring the dead, or supporting a cause, is about the issue at hand, not you, for sure.

I don't, however, see why that needs to be addressed to one race specifically, when people of all walks of life in this generation are guilty of that.
Because, their "religion" blames white people for everything bad and absolves all other races of any guilt. Blacks and Asians can do no wrong and if they do, it always fault of "white supremacy". This logic can be seen when leftards discuss Blacks attacks on Asians.

Not to mention "critical race theory" and tsunami of blaming everything, from math to furniture designs, as being "white supremacy" propaganda.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 03:12 PM   #42
skylord
Thug

If you read the actual sign its absolutely fine. White people are loud about black/non-white issues and bad about providing space for those communities to speak for themselves. This is a sign directed at liberal white people.

How are you guys mad about liberals being told to shut up? Seems like a win win for both left and right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I don't, however, see why that needs to be addressed to one race specifically, when people of all walks of life in this generation are guilty of that.
White people are just notoriously more guilty of this behavior. Plus experiences about race from indigenous, asian, hispanic, etc. can be similar in a way that white race experience cannot. The note says "White people in particular" meaning that it mostly applies to white people but also to everyone inadvertently centering themselves.

Last edited by skylord; 05-07-2021 at 03:18 PM.
skylord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 05:02 PM   #43
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylord View Post
If you read the actual sign its absolutely fine.
Agree. Though I don't see where it's supposedly aimed at liberals specifically. Personally, I read it and went "eh," and immediately assumed that there is a 99% probability that it was put up because there was a hell of a lot of hate and vitriol aimed at George Floyd for nearly a year after his death.

No matter what any outsiders think of him, his family and others who cared about him had to listen to that and still do while grieving that loss, so I'm not really all that surprised that someone put up a sign. Calling out any group in particular is provoking and just asking for more trouble... but I can understand why they did it after a year of a lot of BS after his death, and what it asked of people aren't exactly bad things.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 05:26 PM   #44
skylord
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Agree. Though I don't see where it's supposedly aimed at liberals specifically.
It does not outright say liberals but the language is very clearly targeted towards left leaning individuals. terms like "Decenter" and "BIPOC" are pretty clear indications to me that this is referring to the white liberal person who wants to grab the microphone when perhaps now isn't the time.

The sign isn't particularly inflammatory to those seeking to bring hate there. Most white people coming in support would and should agree that now is not the time for them to speak.
skylord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 09:50 PM   #45
Rooish
Devil's Advocate

It's nice to be reading some damn sense on this forum.
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 03:49 AM   #46
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
The "activism" is all a crock of sh*t. It's a scam. It's not even about "racism", it's about subversively pushing a completely different agenda using "racism" as a smokescreen.
I'll just save time and say "Yes, this."

But this really only speaks to the source and the propagators of such. The people picking up "the cause" think they're basically modern day civil rights heroes, the same as any from the actual civil rights movement. But nowadays, with added caveat of the daily reward of constant high fives and Likes from their like-minded hive minds/echo chambers on the internet (you know, as opposed to the past during the real civil rights movement, where they were fighting for a very real just cause and just got bruises and jail time and no high fives of any kind from anyone). Like a rush, a fix. A reward. But all of these people crumble when confronted beyond the internet directly, or when they're not in a masked mob.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 05-08-2021 at 04:47 AM.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 08:15 AM   #47
ABrown
Banned

God I'm so sick of this whole planet.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 05:18 PM   #48
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I'll just save time and say "Yes, this."

But this really only speaks to the source and the propagators of such. The people picking up "the cause" think they're basically modern day civil rights heroes, the same as any from the actual civil rights movement. But nowadays, with added caveat of the daily reward of constant high fives and Likes from their like-minded hive minds/echo chambers on the internet (you know, as opposed to the past during the real civil rights movement, where they were fighting for a very real just cause and just got bruises and jail time and no high fives of any kind from anyone). Like a rush, a fix. A reward. But all of these people crumble when confronted beyond the internet directly, or when they're not in a masked mob.
Exactly this.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 03:47 AM   #49
Psycho Barny Fife
New Recruit

One of the main reasons we have been more focused on race is that black people are tired of being murdered by the police. White racist responded by punching down at the uppity blacks. And then their is the fact that Trump gave racist the ok to be a racist, in public. So those are three of the main reasons we have been hearing more about racism as of late.
Psycho Barny Fife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 09:22 AM   #50
Vegita-San
Emperor

worst first post on a turtle forum ever .

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 01:39 PM   #51
joe-eyeball
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
worst first post on a turtle forum ever .
True but they chose such a clever username!
joe-eyeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 09:28 AM   #52
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Barny Fife View Post
One of the main reasons we have been more focused on race is that black people are tired of being murdered by the police. White racist responded by punching down at the uppity blacks. And then their is the fact that Trump gave racist the ok to be a racist, in public. So those are three of the main reasons we have been hearing more about racism as of late.
source: “trust me bro”
1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 10:28 AM   #53
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
One of the main reasons we have been more focused on race is that black people are tired of being murdered by the police.
Really? Was Andrew Sundberg “murdered”? Or was he justifiably taken down because he, himself, tried to murder Arabella Yarbrough and her young [black] children in their own apartment? It’s obviously the latter, yet still BLM held a memorial for that maniac, right in front of the same apartment nonetheless, so those poor kids are seeing people celebrate the man who tried to murder them. And when Yarbrough, who was right to be furious, confronted the protestors, what did they tell her? “Shut up, you’re alive.” “Yeah, there are bullet holes in your apartment but not in you.” “You’re just having a moment right now”.

Yes, police brutality does in fact exist, but BLM doesn’t care about black lives. It’s all a scam. And people are starting to wake up to that.
Old 07-23-2022, 08:27 PM   #54
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist

Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
I'm black and I think this is beyond retarded.
Anarchistguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 09:47 PM   #55
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post

Yes, police brutality does in fact exist, but BLM doesn’t care about black lives. It’s all a scam. And people are starting to wake up to that.
BLM is all about making themselves richer and grandstanding. Sadly the absolute last thing they care about is black lives.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 09:35 AM   #56
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
One of the main reasons we have been more focused on race is that black people are tired of being murdered by the police.
Maybe learn the meaning of the words "Freeze", "Hands where I can see them" and "Get out of the car", then. An order from the police isn't a suggestion.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote