The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Nothing scarier than shrunken heads, nut busters and a little dueling banjo...
I understand NOTHING. 8( 44 35.77%
And so goes another conflicted trip on the Apritello Romance Rollercoaster! 29 23.58%
Donnie better Never be in a room with Leatherhead AND Bigfoot, because he willl have NO face left. 5 4.07%
Noooo Ice Cream Kitty!!! 34 27.64%
And you thought Kraang Prime being a dude was a surprise.... 11 8.94%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-11-2014, 01:58 PM   #181
ssjup81
Foot Elite

I forgot to mention that I liked that New Jersey joke by Mikey. lol
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 02:00 PM   #182
evan2000
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanFan4life View Post
Was I the only one who thought of Tom Hanks in Cast Away when the hunter brought out that shrunken head?
For some reason I thought of The Simpsons Treehouse Of Horror XII first, there was a gypsy in that ep who owns several shrunken heads that expands and come alive when sprinkled with water. And then she had to use a hair dryer to shrink them back to their original state. Pretty freaky actually for a cartoon.

evan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 02:06 PM   #183
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunstarheroblue View Post
Also Seth green's Leo making fun of bigfoot mildly reminded me of his "Robot Chicken" humour- uncharacteristic for Leo to be like that at all.
True, although while I wanted to thump Leo upside the the head for it (lightly, we don't need to add a concussion) and was slightly taken aback by that line.... at the same time though I was thinking now that really it only adds to his depth, that even someone who's usually pretty cautious and careful is still bound to put their foot in their mouth on a rare occasion and helps show that he's imperfect and 'only human,' so to speak.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 02:20 PM   #184
Jephael
That whack job behind you

I watched the episode with my 4 year-old nephew the other night and he really enjoyed it. We both cracked up at Mikey's vision of a giant spider playing a banjo.

"Goodnight and have a pleasant tomorrow."
- Chevy Chase; Saturday Night Live
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 03:21 PM   #185
THGhost
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
I watched the episode with my 4 year-old nephew the other night and he really enjoyed it. We both cracked up at Mikey's vision of a giant spider playing a banjo.
I am so gonna use that to describe the spiders that keep creeping into my house. I love this show's bizarre sight gags.

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 03:24 PM   #186
Midnight Mutant
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
I kinda hope next week's or one of the others has a bit of a wink to the Evil Dead Movies.
I thought the part when April was tripped and pulled back into the woods was kind of an Evil dead wink. Like when the girl was trying to come up from the cellar, almost made it, was tripped and pulled back down.

The scenes looked almost identical.

Unless that was suppose to be a wink to something else?
Old 10-11-2014, 03:25 PM   #187
ernesth100
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
When you're a teenager, boners come first. The rest can wait.
This is agreeable.
Old 10-11-2014, 03:50 PM   #188
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Yeah, I agree about the part with the hearts reminding me of Powerpuff Girls. I loved that show too as I'm a Bubbles fan.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 03:51 PM   #189
Midnight Mutant
Foot Soldier

Alright. I liked this episode, it was cute. Every turtle had a bit of screen time or memorable moments despite the show being Donnie focused.

I wanted so badly for Bigfoot to think Donnie was a girl. So, so, so, SO bad! I have always seen Donnie as the more feminine or pretty one, the most hygienic and neat. I was sad that it didn't play that way, because that would have made me laugh for life! I did enjoy Bigfoot and the crazy crush! XD

I'd also like to note that I don't think Bigfoot really said it was male or female, and didn't seem to mind being called either one. They all assumed it was a male, until the crush happened...then everyone assumed it was female. So, it's very possible that Bigfoot could have been male/gay. I mean, it doesn't matter either way, but I'm just saying the gender was only said from the assumption of the characters by Bigfoot's appearance and crush, which we all know can be misleading.

The finger. Well....I didn't like him as much as I wanted too and I thought he was....a tad too strong and really nonchalant about seeing giant talking turtles. He was amusing enough tho and it was nice to see a human foe.

I personally...liked Leo being a dick and laughing with Casey.
1. It's bonding between Casey and Leo, which we never see.
2. Boys...teen boys, are mean and cocky when they are around each other, especially if one is 'chill' and 'cool' (casey) and the other is more of a 'nerd' or 'nice guy' (leo). Stooping to a common level is not uncommon in this case.
3. This isn't the first time that Leo has teased or made fun of someone before. He's done it to Donnie when they all laughed at him for being hurt by a monkey. He's been teased in return. Bigfoot just doesn't know them and they don't know her so since it was an outsider they were making fun of it seemed a little more mean spirited, even tho all the teasing is mean spirited.
4. Shows that Leo is still maturing and tho he's grown a lot, he's still just a teenie bop and working through all of that on top of everything else.

Donnie/April kiss. I'm, so confused by this. I'm not a shipper and I like both Donnie and Casey enough for them to ''get the girl''. I'd be satisfied with both if it came down to it. It's just the way they have been portraying April to stay neutral but has shown a little more interest in Casey...the kiss just thew me off. There wasn't any build up to it. There was no 'omg' moment for April to initiate the kiss. We need some kind of inner monologue from her or better subtle hints. It was just out of nowhere for me because she seemed like she was trying to push both of them away in the friend zone so she didn't have to hurt either one of them.

So..I don't know how I feel about it honestly. Not happy, not upset, just confused.

Leo's voice. Seth has started going up into his higher octave and I couldn't bee happier! I was a smidge afraid they would keep him in that low batman voice, but there were parts that I totally forgot it was Seth. I kind of can't wait for a Leo centric episode so I can hear more dialog.

All in all, the episode was good, cute, funny, weird....confusing. But, I liked it.

Anyone else think of 'The venture bros' when Bigfoot fell for the hunter?
Old 10-11-2014, 03:58 PM   #190
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Yeah, I like the higher register when he gasped about them bringing Bigfoot to the house. That was well done, and I really like Seth's take on Leo. He's just awesome. And I agree about another Leo-centric episode, but I'm biased, so there you go.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 04:18 PM   #191
Powder
Makes People Mad A Lot

I REALLY liked this episode. A lot. Pretty much all down-time & character exploration with a dope fight thrown in at the end. Interesting stuff with April & Donnie. Loved the gross-out humor. Enjoying all the nature sets so much. The finger was kinda cool, albeit goofy. I wish they'd have just called him Bonesteel, though. Might as well have been him, after all.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 04:18 PM   #192
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Mutant View Post
We need some kind of inner monologue from her or better subtle hints.
Yeah, that's pretty much what I'm feeling about it right now.

I'm not against it, but with her just remaining a mystery this long and bouncing back and forth like that, it's starting to get a little annoying. It would be funner as an audience imo if we did get some sort of inner monologue or hints that only the audience sees so the audience is in on it. Like other things where two characters may be into each other but don't know it's mutual, it's fun to be able to root for them to happen.

April being a mystery though, it just feels, to me, like she doesn't have an equal part in that storyline and is simply the prize to be won through some silly event that wins her.

Also agree, the next Leo centric episode will be nice to see. I don't mind that he's kind of taking a break and laying low for a bit. But the more we see of him the sooner I'll manage to get used to that new voice of his.

Really what I think needs to happen is more Leo/April hang out time, the subject of Donnie being into her just happens to lightly come up via Leo, even if he's just jokingly mentioning it (but not in a bad way) and we get some kind of vague hint of either a slight yay or nay from April... And then Leo has to keep his mouth shut over it. He could be a good confidant, and hell, she's the one he went to, so why not.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 10-11-2014 at 04:26 PM.
Old 10-11-2014, 04:41 PM   #193
Luckyday
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I REALLY liked this episode. A lot. Pretty much all down-time & character exploration with a dope fight thrown in at the end. Interesting stuff with April & Donnie. Loved the gross-out humor. Enjoying all the nature sets so much. The finger was kinda cool, albeit goofy. I wish they'd have just called him Bonesteel, though. Might as well have been him, after all.
I like everything about this episode, except that last scene. Everything else was pretty great. I didn't get Ventura reference but I still enjoyed the character. Fight scene between him and Donnie was straight out of a loony toon.
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 05:00 PM   #194
RedOnYellow
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Glad to see such a nice opinion. A lot of the more 'wacky' episodes in this series tend to get the most hate, but I found myself laughing often throughout this episode.

April's reaction to Bigfoot's first Donnie kiss was one of the funniest moments of the series. "Whoa...".
RedOnYellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 05:36 PM   #195
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloxxsaur View Post
I also noticed that they actually showed Big Foot's injury; it was only scrapes and a little red for dried blood but still, as far as I can remember we've not actually seen blood before. Remember when Mikey got his arm hurt fighting Rhazar when they were rescuing Karai? They just showed his normal arm. When anyone got hurt in this show they didn't show more than a differnt texture on the turtles skin.

It's a really small detail and it's weird how much it stuck out for me above everything else in the episode, but I really appreciate it.
I'm wondering if it is isn't because they have better animation, but because they now know they can do it without being afraid of the soccer mom groups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post

Fun episode for sure. The Finger was a weird villain, but it's cool to see more non-mutant/monster villains once in a while.
I agree on both accounts. I actually liked the Finger, and it's nice to see more villains that aren't mutants or aliens. Plus with the awesome moves this guy could do and his prowess with archery, it has me wishing that Timmy could have met up with this guy and apprenticed with him, instead of trying to turn himself into a mutant. This guy proves you don't have to be a mutant (same with Shredder) to kick some serious butt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychturtle View Post
Skipping episodes because they aren't major plots?? You guys do realize that no point will be proven to the producers by your missing the episode lol. But feel free to not to watch.

I've grown to enjoy these episodes. Sure they aren't powerful in terms of story arc, but they are pretty fun and show the guys and gal in different contexts which I find fun. I'm happy to see them in a different setting.
Same here. While there are one or two episodes that I didn't actually care for (Pizzaface comes to mind) most of the rest I pretty much liked. I think the only time I was losing my patience at any non plot episodes, was when it was right after a cliff hanger or game changer and they weren't acknowledging it in that episode. Other then that, it wasn't that bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychturtle View Post
As far as this episode, I liked that Ciro put the whole ancient astronaut theory in the storyline with Bigfoot being a previous krang experiment. Fun episode with some good, enjoyable awkwardness. Loved hearing The Body in this. Anyone catch the hulk hogan epic leg drop? Haha
I'm wondering if it isn't actually a means of 'muddying the waters' as to mankind's origins. The Kraang had said they 'created mankind' but I assumed with that it was a straight conversion from chimpanzee (or bonobo) to human. But with Donnie's comment about a 'missing link' and his mention of an extinct hominid group, I'm wondering if the Kraang might not just be lying so they can weaken mankind's morale. Plus if humans are at the most point mutants in some degree, why aren't they double mutating instead when hit with mutagen? They should still have traces of mutagen in their bodies unless the stuff doesn't get passed on with offspring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Well, there was all of this talk about how studio execs want cartoons to cater to boys because they are the ones that buy toys, and I've noticed on Nick, when TMNT come on, it's been mostly girl stuff they've been advertising. So, it makes me wonder if they know girls are possibly in the majority who watch the show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I looked up/read that junk the other day, seriously, wtf. If Nick and the TMNT gang are embracing that it has female and adult fans, it's appreciated. At least someone recognizes our money has the same dollar numbers on it, glad it's a show I like.
Maybe that's why they are adding the 'older' stuff and showing a tiny bit of blood (on Bigfoot's arm) because it isn't just very young and male audiences anymore. I'm betting that this might even improve ratings and help it last longer, because if a show isn't afraid to broaden it's horizons, it can show more beyond what it originally was limited to. And often that adds to a far better storytelling and viewing experience.

Last edited by Metalwolf; 10-11-2014 at 05:43 PM.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 06:19 PM   #196
travelingcat
Thug

Definitely a light hearted episode, but not a fan of all the romance comedy. I also didn't get the wrestling references with The Finger and it's really strange having him talking to his, um, mother. At least he was human, and it was nice hearing the Abigail Finn reference.

Seth's voice is still sounding good, especially now that Leo's not sounding as weak as last episode.

Donnie's picture in the music box was a bit much, and him getting a little perspective wasn't terrible. I really felt for him listening to him talk to April at the end.

Really like how Raph is taking charge with training while Leo's still recovering, and seeing the fight scenes in the forest.

Poor ICK.
travelingcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 07:06 PM   #197
Ninjinister
無問題

What the s**t this episode's still not on Amazon yet.

EDIT: nvm found it on PSN

Admin of Turtlepedia. If you have any questions or problems, let me know!

Last edited by Ninjinister; 10-11-2014 at 07:25 PM.
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 07:18 PM   #198
Megchan
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Yeeeahhhh... I have a vague hope that maybe it was intended more as a mother's love over this "sad man" who was so obsessed with his shrunken head 'mother' and I guess was that alone in life. Or... maybe not. Must catch a repeat.
That's exactly how I saw it as well.

Image by RamyB of TeeTurtle
Megchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 07:55 PM   #199
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph's Girl View Post
Anyone else pick up that The Finger mentioned his cousin Abbie? As in Abigail Finn...

One of the reasons he was chasing Big Foot was cuz he wanted to be a famous monster hunter like her.
Okay so I finally saw the episode and he did NOT say his cousin was named Abby. Sounded more like something to the effect of "Fatback" but it definitely was nothing even close to "Abby".

Unless my hearing's starting to go finally.

Admin of Turtlepedia. If you have any questions or problems, let me know!

Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 08:06 PM   #200
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Okay so I finally saw the episode and he did NOT say his cousin was named Abby. Sounded more like something to the effect of "Fatback" but it definitely was nothing even close to "Abby".

Unless my hearing's starting to go finally.
Thought I'd just missed something, but now knowing what part it was I had heard the same thing you did.