Jephael
That whack job behind you

That's wicked, dude!

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 01:03 PM   #462
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

You really have major talent, man...are you thinking of a career in art?
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 03:13 PM   #463
Blossombrooks
Stone Warrior

Brilliant as always Powder, you never cease to amaze! I especially love those funky colours and your rap album cover.
Old 04-10-2014, 01:37 PM   #464
Ville Leskinen
Foot Soldier

Would love to see the origin story you posted drawn!
Old 04-14-2014, 12:09 PM   #465
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
You really have major talent, man...are you thinking of a career in art?
You could say that. As it stands now music & art are my sources of income, so I'd like to maintain that. Doing something for IDW's turtles would be ideal though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ville Leskinen View Post
Would love to see the origin story you posted drawn!
Haha, thanks! Maybe some day... If I were super ambitious I'd just make a comic of that whole thing but I don't think there's any chance.

At any rate, here are some more of the funky neon Nick baddies. Gonna do a whole bunch more of them. Once I've got a set amount I'm gonna put them all together like tiles for a print!

Parody of the anime Kill La Kill, specifically a screen cap of the character Mako in her Goku uniform. More KLK/TMNT stuff to come!

AC Farley Leonardo commission I got a while back that I decided to color.

Here's something awesome as hell. A jam put together & penciled by Jason Koza that features a ton of Mirage artists on inking duties. Each was assigned a different character and drew them in (list of all artists below). Jason asked me if I would color the piece and I was both honored & excited to do so (I also did some inking on the buildings)! So there you have it, a collaboration between the gods & myself. Thanks to Jason & all the artists involved for making such a legendary piece of TMNT art come to life. Happy 30th anniversary, turtles!

Full list of artists involved:
Pencils- Jason Koza
Splinter - AC Farley
Raph - Scott Cohn
Leo - Eric Talbot
Don - Peter Laird
Mike - Jim Lawson
Klunk- Dean Yeagle
April - Michael Dooney
Usagi - Stan Sakai
Casey - Kevin Eastman
Leatherhead - Dan Berger
Utrom - Steve Lavigne
Buildings/colors - Powder
Also signed by Steve Murphy, Jake Black, & David White.

I know it's nothing /too/ crazy but it is kinda surreal to have worked on something with so many legendary people, even if some of them don't know I exist.

There's been some other cool stuff going on but not that I can share... Though I can say I did 2 & a half pages for the upcoming TMNT graphic novel Odyssey! Looking forward to that. I'll share them here once the book is out.

As always you can see hi-res versions of everything at my DA, link in sig.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 12:48 PM   #466
LH
Leatherhead

Fantastic job Powder!

And that collaboration is wicked awesome!
LH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 01:35 PM   #467
LivingMutagen
Hench Mutant

Brilliant art Powder. You are very talented. And yay Kill La Kill/TMNT. Can't wait to see the rest of that. And I love that collaboration artwork.
Old 04-14-2014, 01:58 PM   #468
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

I absolutely love the neon Nick villains! I wan't 'em all on a T-shirt
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 03:42 PM   #469
rickwj324
Mad Scientist

Powder.. Loving your artwork!! I've seen lots of posts from you here and you seem pretty knowledgable with all things turtles and I've seen you post that you are an artist by trade. I'm just curious, have you worked on any official turtles projects to date? Sorry if that's a dumb question, I'm just not familiar with your art/portfolio. If you haven't, I'm sure you will in time. Again.... great work!! --Rick
rickwj324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 04:04 PM   #470
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingMutagen View Post
Brilliant art Powder. You are very talented. And yay Kill La Kill/TMNT. Can't wait to see the rest of that. And I love that collaboration artwork.
Thanks man. There will definitely be more! I wanna draw the turtles as the elite 4 & April/Karai as Ryuko & Satsuki.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
I absolutely love the neon Nick villains! I wan't 'em all on a T-shirt
...That could be arranged!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickwj324 View Post
Powder.. Loving your artwork!! I've seen lots of posts from you here and you seem pretty knowledgable with all things turtles and I've seen you post that you are an artist by trade. I'm just curious, have you worked on any official turtles projects to date? Sorry if that's a dumb question, I'm just not familiar with your art/portfolio. If you haven't, I'm sure you will in time. Again.... great work!! --Rick
Thanks man. Technically, no, I haven't. By technically I mean I never did anything that was published by IDW/Mirage, but I have done a short with Tales writer Will Tupper (which looked awful and is in the process of being redrawn/re-released), among other things. The image finisher featured that short alongside the work of folks like Frank Fosco, and Odyssey, which I contributed some pages to, is drawn by Jim Lawson/Dan Berger, & includes original work from the likes of AC Farley & Ross Campbell, to name a few. So I've done some things with the real fellas, but not under the banner of an official publishing company. I hope to change that, though! Thank you for the vote of confidence. Little known fact- Tristan Jones once considered me for a Gang Wars continuation. He asked me to draw his characters as part of a proposal to get Pete to use his 18 issues a year clause, but ultimately nothing came of it. I was hardly fit for the job at the time and obviously Pete was sick of the turtles. I imagine Tristan realized pretty quickly I wasn't as good as certain pieces made me seem, but having him reach out to me was cool as hell just the same & boosted my confidence.

Old 04-14-2014, 04:26 PM   #471
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Awesome pics, Powder, especially that collab piece. That had to be awesome to work with all of those artists. Keep up the good work.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 05:36 PM   #472
rickwj324
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Thanks man. Technically, no, I haven't. By technically I mean I never did anything that was published by IDW/Mirage, but I have done a short with Tales writer Will Tupper (which looked awful and is in the process of being redrawn/re-released), among other things. The image finisher featured that short alongside the work of folks like Frank Fosco, and Odyssey, which I contributed some pages to, is drawn by Jim Lawson/Dan Berger, & includes original work from the likes of AC Farley & Ross Campbell, to name a few. So I've done some things with the real fellas, but not under the banner of an official publishing company. I hope to change that, though! Thank you for the vote of confidence. Little known fact- Tristan Jones once considered me for a Gang Wars continuation. He asked me to draw his characters as part of a proposal to get Pete to use his 18 issues a year clause, but ultimately nothing came of it. I was hardly fit for the job at the time and obviously Pete was sick of the turtles. I imagine Tristan realized pretty quickly I wasn't as good as certain pieces made me seem, but having him reach out to me was cool as hell just the same & boosted my confidence.
That's so awesome! I hope to one day pick up a book and see your name listed as artist! Don't forget us 'dromers when it's time for all those signings!!

Rick
Old 04-15-2014, 07:45 AM   #473
The Fifth Turtle
Mad Scientist

The 30th anniversary piece should be made into prints!
The Fifth Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 08:56 PM   #474
AquaParade
Banned

I really like your Usagi, Powder. I'd be interested in seeing what else you can do with the same tool's you used for that piece.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 08:58 PM   #475
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
You could say that. As it stands now music & art are my sources of income, so I'd like to maintain that. Doing something for IDW's turtles would be ideal though.

Haha, thanks! Maybe some day... If I were super ambitious I'd just make a comic of that whole thing but I don't think there's any chance.

At any rate, here are some more of the funky neon Nick baddies. Gonna do a whole bunch more of them. Once I've got a set amount I'm gonna put them all together like tiles for a print!
http://i61.tinypic.com/vhrewm.png
http://i62.tinypic.com/30a5ov8.png
http://i61.tinypic.com/34rygyg.png

Parody of the anime Kill La Kill, specifically a screen cap of the character Mako in her Goku uniform. More KLK/TMNT stuff to come!
http://i59.tinypic.com/2exa2kk.png

AC Farley Leonardo commission I got a while back that I decided to color.
http://i58.tinypic.com/2csdqa0.png

Here's something awesome as hell. A jam put together & penciled by Jason Koza that features a ton of Mirage artists on inking duties. Each was assigned a different character and drew them in (list of all artists below). Jason asked me if I would color the piece and I was both honored & excited to do so (I also did some inking on the buildings)! So there you have it, a collaboration between the gods & myself. Thanks to Jason & all the artists involved for making such a legendary piece of TMNT art come to life. Happy 30th anniversary, turtles!
http://i58.tinypic.com/f1ciut.png

Full list of artists involved:
Pencils- Jason Koza
Splinter - AC Farley
Raph - Scott Cohn
Leo - Eric Talbot
Don - Peter Laird
Mike - Jim Lawson
Klunk- Dean Yeagle
April - Michael Dooney
Usagi - Stan Sakai
Casey - Kevin Eastman
Leatherhead - Dan Berger
Utrom - Steve Lavigne
Buildings/colors - Powder
Also signed by Steve Murphy, Jake Black, & David White.

I know it's nothing /too/ crazy but it is kinda surreal to have worked on something with so many legendary people, even if some of them don't know I exist.

There's been some other cool stuff going on but not that I can share... Though I can say I did 2 & a half pages for the upcoming TMNT graphic novel Odyssey! Looking forward to that. I'll share them here once the book is out.

As always you can see hi-res versions of everything at my DA, link in sig.
Where's my freakin' like button!?

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 09:00 AM   #476
Powder
So tired of this place

Not too much to share lately but here goes...

Trying out 3D sculpting, a new art medium for me. I'd say for my first attempts, these are looking pretty rad. A standard TMNT & a scary re-imagined Krang. These aren't done, by the way.

Here's a work in progress of a commission that pays tribute to an iconic X-Men comic book cover.

Been doing some non-TMNT art lately for a change, so I'll post that in my other thread. http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...t=36779&page=2 In other news, I got to do something super awesome for one of the Mirage artists recently, not sure if I can post it yet but I will as soon as I can.

Old 05-19-2014, 10:38 AM   #477
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Cool Sculptris sculptures. I'm working with that myself at the moment. It's an awesome program.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 02:10 PM   #478
Anton Chigurh
Hench Mutant

Quote:

Trying out 3D sculpting, a new art medium for me. I'd say for my first attempts, these are looking pretty rad. A standard TMNT & a scary re-imagined Krang. These aren't done, by the way.
http://i62.tinypic.com/1z2os8w.png

Here's a work in progress of a commission that pays tribute to an iconic X-Men comic book cover.
http://i60.tinypic.com/33p7qt1.png

Been doing some non-TMNT art lately for a change, so I'll post that in my other thread. http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...t=36779&page=2 In other news, I got to do something super awesome for one of the Mirage artists recently, not sure if I can post it yet but I will as soon as I can.

I love that DOFP cover, btw just wondering who's mug shot is that lol, has to be mikey

"you have meddeled with the primal forces of nature Mr. Beale"
Anton Chigurh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 02:46 PM   #479
rickwj324
Mad Scientist

Quote:

http://i62.tinypic.com/1z2os8w.png

http://i60.tinypic.com/33p7qt1.png

That's a nice Wolveri..I mean Raph cover you have there!!
Old 05-20-2014, 02:25 AM   #480
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Can't wait to see the finished days of future past tribute finished!

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote