The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 04-06-2013, 03:20 AM   #121
Blade Raider
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconhood View Post
well, with 5 members, they can be Sentai, and have a megazord with 5 zords...too bad they never exploited that.
Either you're being sarcastic or ignorant. There are 3 man Sentai and not every Megazord is made up of 5 zords. Heck, the Power Rangers the Turtles met had a main Megazord made up of only two zords. The Turtles even hijacked said Megazord.

On topic
Why I don't hate (nor like) Venus comes down to the Next Mutation versions of the Turtles being sexist assholes. These characters are completely unlikable. They're greedy, negative, sexist, and lazy. It's like someone took all the negative parts of teenagers that Power Rangers left out and made them into turtles. They are terrible people and the show treats them as heroes. Venus is not the worst part of Next Mutation, these dicks are.

Venus herself is just kind of bland. Nothing special that isn't forced (she has a gimmick, boobs! And magic! Magic boobs!). She's not bad, just not good either. Of all the awfulness in this show, she's somewhere in the middle with the best being the awesome that is Bonesteal and the worst being the original turtles being turned into unlikeable douchebags.
Old 04-06-2013, 01:46 PM   #122
Nameless
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Raider View Post
Either you're being sarcastic or ignorant. There are 3 man Sentai and not every Megazord is made up of 5 zords. Heck, the Power Rangers the Turtles met had a main Megazord made up of only two zords. The Turtles even hijacked said Megazord.

On topic
Why I don't hate (nor like) Venus comes down to the Next Mutation versions of the Turtles being sexist assholes. These characters are completely unlikable. They're greedy, negative, sexist, and lazy. It's like someone took all the negative parts of teenagers that Power Rangers left out and made them into turtles. They are terrible people and the show treats them as heroes. Venus is not the worst part of Next Mutation, these dicks are.

Venus herself is just kind of bland. Nothing special that isn't forced (she has a gimmick, boobs! And magic! Magic boobs!). She's not bad, just not good either. Of all the awfulness in this show, she's somewhere in the middle with the best being the awesome that is Bonesteal and the worst being the original turtles being turned into unlikeable douchebags.
Good old Bonesteel. He Had my Favourite one liner ever.
"Close. But close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades.... Knew i should have brought those grenades."
Nameless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 03:25 PM   #123
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nameless View Post
Good old Bonesteel. He Had my Favourite one liner ever.
"Close. But close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades.... Knew i should have brought those grenades."
Now see, I love the Next Mutation villians. I wouldn't mind seeing Dragon lord, Bonesteel, Vam-mi, or Silver the Yeti ganster again.

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:06 AM   #124
ObiWanFan4life
Mad Scientist

Agreed. Scott Mcniel was the ONLY tolerable thing about TNM.
ObiWanFan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:20 AM   #125
ryukenden
Hench Mutant

Quote:
It is certainly the most painful when we realize these guys are not the Heroes in a Half-Shell that we loved from the OT and the Movies. The idiot ball would get passed around in the OT but it got ridiculous here. Take the lottery ticket episode for example, made no sense. If Venus was supposed to be the only sane Turtle, surely she would have called out that they can't cash it in since they are mutant turtles. Even Mikey ought to know better.

Last edited by ryukenden; 04-08-2013 at 09:30 AM.
ryukenden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:19 AM   #126
ObiWanFan4life
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Raider View Post

On topic

Agreed, the biggest sin this show commits(aside from the fact it exists) is completely butchering the turtles personality. Venus is bad, but these guys are just as bad, if not MORE SO
ObiWanFan4life is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
next mutation