The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 01-08-2014, 04:01 PM   #1
JTH
"ME"

Crossovers that would actually make sense

How many/is there a crossover of franchises with the Turtles that would actually make sense and you could actually believe if they were done as a real official story.

Me personally, I always thought since the Turtles were based in New York City, crossover stories with a majority of characters from the Marvel franchise would have worked, specifically with the X-Men and Spiderman since they related around mutants.

Of course some Turtles crossovers have been done, which I'll keep nameless because they should be.

But how about some others that the majority of the fans think could work and also help the franchise benefit further from?
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 05:23 PM   #2
victory_angel
Foot Elite

I think the TMNT group most incarnations could work well with the Gargoyles series. First off much like the Turtles the Gargoyles are creatures that only come out at night, and due to their monstrous appearance are not welcomed by the populous of Manhattan island.

There are also mutants that appear in the series and later clones of the Manhattan clans as well towards the end of the series.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:10 PM   #3
John Pannozzi
Stone Warrior

Crossovers with Hellboy and Mike Allred's Madman would be cool.
Originally Posted by Bergerjacques
It was definitely not a kid's book.
That was the thing that always mystified me about the turn the franchise took when Eastman and Laird licensed the cartoon and the parallel comic book published by the same outfit that gave us Archie. The turtles' original origin story? The whole thing hinges on a for-Christ's-sake rape-murder!!!!
from here.
John Pannozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:40 AM   #4
Gyt Kaliba
Stone Warrior

I could get behind a crossover with either Hellboy or Gargoyles, both great series that could work well with the TMNT. A general Marvel one could be fun too, if done right, especially if they poke fun at the whole Daredevil thing.

Beyond that...hmm...if we were talking about specifically OT TMNT, a crossover with the old SatAM Sonic the Hedgehog toon could have been fun.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:46 AM   #5
Basaka
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pannozzi View Post
Crossovers with Hellboy and Mike Allred's Madman would be cool.
A crossover with Hellboy would be perfect. I am actually surprised that hasn't happened yet
Basaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 05:47 PM   #6
raph27
Mad Scientist

Spider-Man all the way. What if he actually became a spider...
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 06:49 PM   #7
Galactus
Foot Elite

Well if you were gonna integrate the TMNT into the continuity of that of the main universes of either of the big two they'd be a great fit for Marvel. I could see them having great crossovers with the franchises that influenced them.

Would a Foot vs Hand war be too much with the turtles and Daredevil caught in the middle?

An X-Men and TMNT crossover would work with the focus on the X-Men that inspired the turtles personalities with a few extras on both sides like Psylocke (a fellow ninja) and Casey Jones. There's any number of threats that could bring them together from the Marvel side.

Fantastic Four - again how the four core characters are similar and yet different A great play on the idea of adventurers that happen to be a family.

Even though Spider-Man didn't seem to be a direct influence for TMNT he's the team up king. I could see the turtles fitting in to many of the stories he gets into.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 08:29 PM   #8
miru
Mad Scientist

Sonic the Hedgehog, for the following reasons:

*Sonic and co operate on the west coast, which the TMNT on the east.
*Both are groups of furries who regularly recruit other ago their cause after whipping them.
*Both have a human nemesis, Robotnik being focused on brains with Shredder being more of brawn.
*They both interact with small aliens; the Wisps and the Utroms
*Both have a guy out to hunt them but is actually good (Silver/Bishop) and a seductress who flirts with the enemy (Rouge/Karai)
*Both main baddies have two inept henchmen, who should play off eachother (Orbot and Cubot/Bebop and Rocksteady)
*Both have evil counterparts, be they machine (Metal Sonic/countless evil turtle robots), or flesh (Scourge/Slash and the Dark Turtles)
*Sonic tends to hang out in urban cities.
*Both visit other dimensions and planets.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:44 AM   #9
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by miru View Post

*Both are groups of furries who regularly recruit other ago their cause after whipping them.
*Both have a human nemesis, Robotnik being focused on brains with Shredder being more of brawn.
*Both have a guy out to hunt them but is actually good (Silver/Bishop) and a seductress who flirts with the enemy (Rouge/Karai)
*Both main baddies have two inept henchmen, who should play off eachother (Orbot and Cubot/Bebop and Rocksteady)
*Both have evil counterparts, be they machine (Metal Sonic/countless evil turtle robots), or flesh (Scourge/Slash and the Dark Turtles)
Obsessed with Sonic much?
Old 01-10-2014, 07:01 PM   #10
dudeabides
Foot Soldier

I'd most like to see the Turtles run around with Spider-Man too, but the real one after he comes back in April... not the current super villain impostor.

Last edited by dudeabides; 01-12-2014 at 12:24 PM.
dudeabides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:50 PM   #11
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Sonic could work...and I'll admit I am obsessed with Sonic.

Batman could work. There's already a bunch of outrageous characters in his universe.
Old 01-11-2014, 12:01 AM   #12
Shark_Blade
Emperor

TMNT and X-Files.

Sonic could work too.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 11:16 AM   #13
Aaronardo
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by miru View Post

I started to read this, thinking you were nuts... but that's actually pretty genius.

X-Men would be so cool, too! If only Marvel weren't owned by Viacom's archenemy. I could especially see Wolverine and Raph interacting in some way.

And, I know it's probably never gonna happen, but hey, a guy can dream. But TMNT and Criminal Minds.
"The Biosites have almost finished healing my flesh." - Shredder
"Because we're takin' the heart and you're goin' to jail!" - Donatello
Aaronardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 04:11 PM   #14
Luckyday
Mad Scientist

I was just thinking the other day how awesome it would be if Mikey, who currently lost in outer space in the mirage universe, cross paths with The Doctor and they traveling together in the tardis. He tries to get Mikey back to Earth but somethings always stop them.
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 05:14 PM   #15
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

I think it would have been pretty cool if the OT Turtles had a crossover with The Real Ghostbusters.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 05:45 PM   #16
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
I'm in agreement with the posters who suggested the Gargoyles or Hellboy. I also agree about possible X-Men or Spider-Man crossovers. Come to think of it, the dimension-hopping of the Fantastic Four could also be a great way to bring the two together. Any of the above would work very well, and a Spidey crossover would definitely be a fun read!

(And for those who would like to see one done well, I have a TMNT/Gargoyles fan-fic currently going on here:

Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9536626...e-of-Two-Clans)

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 06:41 PM   #17
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
I'm in agreement with the posters who suggested the Gargoyles or Hellboy. I also agree about possible X-Men or Spider-Man crossovers. Come to think of it, the dimension-hopping of the Fantastic Four could also be a great way to bring the two together. Any of the above would work very well, and a Spidey crossover would definitely be a fun read!

(And for those who would like to see one done well, I have a TMNT/Gargoyles fan-fic currently going on here:

Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9536626...e-of-Two-Clans)
Love the idea of a TMNT Gargoyles crossover! I'll have to read your fic. Always thought New York was the place where all lines of convergence cross when it comes to heroes. One of my favorite series by Stephen King even has NYC as a pretty major place of importance as well as a small bit to do with a turtle, so to speak.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:13 PM   #18
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
That wouldn't be the Gunslinger series, would it? LOL! I've never actually read it, but my "other half" has. Also, that actually ties in to a theory I've had for a while about NYC being a major inter-dimensional nexus point for multiple fictional multiverses. Marvel, TMNT, Ghostbusters, Gargoyles, just to name a few. I suspect it's a hotbed of ley-lines and one HUGE paranormal power-sink.... But then I'm a Wiccan, and things like that make sense to me.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 09:40 PM   #19
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
That wouldn't be the Gunslinger series, would it? LOL! I've never actually read it, but my "other half" has. Also, that actually ties in to a theory I've had for a while about NYC being a major inter-dimensional nexus point for multiple fictional multiverses. Marvel, TMNT, Ghostbusters, Gargoyles, just to name a few. I suspect it's a hotbed of ley-lines and one HUGE paranormal power-sink.... But then I'm a Wiccan, and things like that make sense to me.
Yes! It would indeed. I love King's Dark Tower series quite a bit and it's killing me not to be able to read the prequel comics which describe the Gunslinger's life in the kingdom of Gilead and the fall of that fantastic realm to a certain dark man and his even darker master.

Funny you should mention ley-lines. My other half and I were talking about those and NYC a few weeks back. She likes allot of comic stuff too and we've also been reading the DT series as well as watching the new TMNT 2012 show. I forget what book she'd read. Some SF thing maybe dealing with ley but the concept sounded pretty cool. Not to mention they bring it up in the TMNT 2k3 show and I used to read allot of really great Gargoyles fanfic which dealt with those ley-lines. Rather similar to the Force in some ways which is also cool as I'm a Star Wars fan. lol
Old 01-11-2014, 10:21 PM   #20
Xav
Foot Elite

A crossover with the Tick could be fun. Not only did they both face ninja, but the show features a lot of the Fred Wolf cast. A crossover with the Min in Black could also work. I could see stuff like Utroms and Bishop easily fitting into the MIB universe.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crossover, crossovers