The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 12-22-2012, 06:43 PM   #1
funatic
Mad Scientist

Dan Berger: Commission Virtuoso!

I just received this AMAZING commission of the turtles and Leatherhead (cuz no one does Leatherhead as good as Berger!) and had to show it off to promote Dan's work. This was my first ever commission and I couldn't be happier with the result! CHRISTMAS CAME EARLY!

So if you've been thinking of treating yourself to a commission I highly recommend contacting Dan Berger. He was a pleasure to work with, his prices are great, and in my opinion, his art is UNBEATABLE! I think he also has a bit more free time now that Mirage has stopped production, so get on it!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TMNT&Leatherhead.jpg (100.8 KB, 214 views)
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:45 PM   #2
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Holy cow.

The guy goes ALL OUT when doing commissions, that's for sure. He really gives you your money's worth.

Berger's always been a great guy every time I've had the opportunity to talk to him. Even when I'm badgering him about 20 year-old minutia.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:53 PM   #3
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

NIIIIIIIIIIICEEEE! If I may ask,how much did the five character piece cost you? I'm thinking about asking for Shredder and Rat King together,but would like an idea of the cost.

DrSpengler,he had to put up with me asking him all sorts of random TMNT questions on and off since I was 11 years old more than a decade ago. If he can tolerate me I am sure he can tolerate you.
Old 12-22-2012, 06:53 PM   #4
funatic
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
Berger's always been a great guy every time I've had the opportunity to talk to him. Even when I'm badgering him about 20 year-old minutia.
lol, yeah he's a gem for sure. Very good at email, never leaves you waiting. Very friendly and humble. He even gave me the opp to get my money back after he was finished with it "in case I wasn't satisfied" . . . HA! I told him I had to frame it before I drooled all over it, I was so satisfied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
NIIIIIIIIIIICEEEE! If I may ask,how much did the five character piece cost you? I'm thinking about asking for Shredder and Rat King together,but would like an idea of the cost.
I don't want to give an exact figure in case he changes his tune, but I'll tell you it felt like a STEAL when I saw the finished work. I WILL say that he offers a special, insanely good deal for the four turtles as a group. At first I was just going to get Raph & Leatherhead but the price for five was too good to pass up so I jumped on it - really glad I did too. I'd recommend just contacting him and starting a dialogue. He's super approachable and cordial thru email.

Last edited by funatic; 12-22-2012 at 07:00 PM.
Old 12-22-2012, 07:02 PM   #5
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by funatic View Post
lol, yeah he's a gem for sure. Very good at email, never leaves you waiting. Very friendly and humble. He even gave me the opp to get my money back after he was finished with it "in case I wasn't satisfied" . . . HA! I told him I had to frame it before I drooled all over it, I was so satisfied.

I don't want to give an exact figure in case he changes his tune, but I'll tell you it felt like a STEAL when I saw the finished work. I WILL say that he offers a special, insanely good deal for the four turtles as a group. At first I was just going to get Raph & Leatherhead but the price for five was too good to pass up so I jumped on it - really glad I did too. I'd recommend just contacting him and starting a dialogue. He's super approachable and cordial thru email.

Okay,I know Jim Lawson charges $50 a character,but did not know the rate for the others. I assume its better than that if I want say '87 style Shredder and Rat King together than Jim rate?

What email should I contact him with? I know there is Miragelicensing but Dan also has his own site,but I can't remember if it was .net or .com. Thanks,dude. After your reply I will have to contact the guy! Edit: I emailed him at miragelicensing.com. Hope something can be worked out! Thanks for the inspiration,funatic!

Last edited by MikeandRaph87; 12-22-2012 at 07:36 PM.
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:26 PM   #6
Oculus Orbus
Mad Scientist

That's incredibly nice. He really takes commissions seriously, no doubt.
Oculus Orbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:29 PM   #7
Powder
So tired of this place

That's a killer piece, no doubt about it. Really nice stuff. Thanks for sharing! You should make your way over to the "I got a new piece of art" thread in the collection section where the other fans of this sort of thing will see it and drool over it.

Dan is definitely at the top of my list as far as commissions go. He's very flexable, affordable, fast, friendly, all around amazing to do business with or even talk to. Such a great guy. He really goes out of his way to make your piece pop, too. I myself have gotten two pieces from him so far and in due time will have a third I'm sure. Have a look!

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:42 PM   #8
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Dan is definitely at the top of my list as far as commissions go. He's very flexable, affordable, fast, friendly, all around amazing to do business with or even talk to. Such a great guy. He really goes out of his way to make your piece pop, too.
I couldn't have said it any better myself! Dan truly is an awesome guy! I used to love discussing the TMNT with him back in the day via e-mail. He's also done a couple commissions for me, one of which is on my website.

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:08 PM   #9
CyberCubed
Overlord

I'd love to buy a commission from Dan with 4 characters in the pic:

Big Louie
Pinky Mcfingers
Don Turtelli
Mad Dogg Mcmutt

It would be the main old toon gangsters altogether.

Sadly I don't think Dan Berger knows who these characters are.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:14 PM   #10
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I'd love to buy a commission from Dan with 4 characters in the pic:

Big Louie
Pinky Mcfingers
Don Turtelli
Mad Dogg Mcmutt

It would be the main old toon gangsters altogether.

Sadly I don't think Dan Berger knows who these characters are.
I bet he does. Just ask him and have a visual aid reference for him. I would ask on the Screencaps page if a poster like Tone_Master21 could give you a screenshot of the four and then after you got that link it and send it to Dan. I bet he would do a marvelous job.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:19 PM   #11
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
I bet he does. Just ask him and have a visual aid reference for him. I would ask on the Screencaps page if a poster like Tone_Master21 could give you a screenshot of the four and then after you got that link it and send it to Dan. I bet he would do a marvelous job.
Possible, also with Don Turtelli twirling his tickling feather between his fingers would be icing on the cake.

God I always loved the old toon gangsters. Even the minor ones like Babyface Cleaver, Wolf from the Dark Turtle ep, and that guy from Season 6 who stashed the galooby ruby in his parrots feathers.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:16 PM   #12
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

I've never seen Berger draw Bebop and Rocksteady before. Man, that is an awesome piece.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:23 PM   #13
zkarlette
Fashionably late

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
I've never seen Berger draw Bebop and Rocksteady before. Man, that is an awesome piece.
Indeed, that is a really cool representation of bebop,Rocksteady and krang. Excellent piece!
Old 12-22-2012, 09:31 PM   #14
funatic
Mad Scientist

Quote:
What email should I contact him with? I know there is Miragelicensing but Dan also has his own site,but I can't remember if it was .net or .com. Thanks,dude. After your reply I will have to contact the guy! Edit: I emailed him at miragelicensing.com. Hope something can be worked out! Thanks for the inspiration,funatic!
His new business email is danberger65@yahoo.com, but he will get around to checking the miragelicensing address as well - that's how I initially contacted him. Here is his current website (which he never really updates) that I got the email from: http://www.danberger.biz/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
That's a killer piece, no doubt about it. Really nice stuff. Thanks for sharing! You should make your way over to the "I got a new piece of art" thread in the collection section where the other fans of this sort of thing will see it and drool over it.
Can you link me to this thread, Powder? I was looking for something like that before I posted but couldn't find it... and nice Berger pieces you have there too! Don tinkering w the Fugitoid is hilarious.

I wouldn't complain if this thread evolved into a Dan Berger appreciation thread / Berger commission showcase!
Old 12-22-2012, 09:48 PM   #15
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Thanks,I guess I should have waited. He will get it just not right away.The memory of that beautiful piece he did of Slash vs Casey Jones and your piece I couldn't wait. I found a link that has the depiction of Bebop and Rocksteafy and that fantastic Slash vs Casey Jones piece,even an Usagi. Anyone got any more.I would especially like to see non-Ninja Turtles.The fab four in green or great bur seeing the different stles takes on other characters is really interesting. http://www.comicartfans.com/comic-ar...dan_berger.asp

Last edited by MikeandRaph87; 12-22-2012 at 10:45 PM.
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:59 PM   #16
twopinacoladas
Stone Warrior

Thats fantastic, he does great work.
twopinacoladas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 12:18 AM   #17
funatic
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I found a link that has the depiction of Bebop and Rocksteafy and that fantastic Slash vs Casey Jones piece,even an Usagi.http://www.comicartfans.com/comic-ar...dan_berger.asp
Oh man... Berger Usagi!? [head explodes.]
Old 12-23-2012, 06:06 AM   #18
Plasticplayhouse
the gray ghost

that is super nice!
Old 12-23-2012, 11:15 AM   #19
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
that guy from Season 6 who stashed the galooby ruby in his parrots feathers.
You mean Mugsy McGuffin, right? Apparantly you haven't watched that episode in a while. He had the ruby stashed in a vault in the hotel, and the key to the vault was on a string around Polly/Ditto's neck.

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 12:15 PM   #20
Shogun26
Mad Scientist

very nice commission!

And I agree, Dan's a great guy and does really great work. I have a head sketch he did on a toy I purchased from Mirage prob 10 years ago. Love seeing all the different styles side by side.

Guys...I think Turtle Mania is back for good.
Shogun26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dan berger, idw