The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 09-14-2021, 10:15 PM   #41
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Not necessarily.
You know what Ric Flair's rule about chicks was... "No hair, no Flair!"

Who am I to argue with the Nature Boy?

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 02:10 AM   #42
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
**** this clown world.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 03:25 PM   #43
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Yeah, that's pretty much every SJW's stance on every kind of "switch" like that be it in movies, comics, or TV. "I love most that it annoys the fans! Salty tears!" and so on. At least you're not being dishonest about it.
It was a joke. Let's not pretend that large swathes of the political right haven't in complete seriousnous defined their real life politics on doing things that they know is wrong purely because it will 'trigger the libs'.

I also don't understand why you define it as annoying the fans. I think I've conversed enough on Star Trek on here to prove I'm a real fan. This one blogger on the site linked (and bare in mind this whole Spock should be gay thing is simply being discussed by one person rather than something being planned by anyone involved in the show so hardly worth mentioning) is also a fan. This sense of ownership that some more Conservative fans of a property have that they dismiss fans who are more progressive in their politics and would like to see it reflected in their favourite IPs is stupid particularly when the property in question is already supposed to be progressive like...oh I don't know STAR TREK.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 05:55 PM   #44
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Here's the trailer. I love how they keep cutting to shots of wind turbines. Wind power isn't even sufficient to power much of anything right now, but it will be enough for modern cities in the 23rd century, with even more technology?

And wtf is with all this flowery dialogue? It's all over STD and both seasons of STP. Characters talking all flowery about, "You sought out the stars," "You stayed in the stars for a lifetime," "the stars," "the stars," "the stars." It's the same goddamn writers.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 07:00 PM   #45
Sumac
Banned

Have anyone mentioned "cerulean orbs" or "hairs silky like waves of the ocean"?
Old 03-09-2022, 10:20 PM   #46
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

Part of me is curious as to what letter of the alphabet the next ship will be. One of the old Trek ships was destroyed, and the USS Enterprise 1701 - D was destroyed in Generations. They *almost* lost the USS Enterprise 1701- E in First Contact.

Otherwise, the other part of me is happy that a local channel shows episodes from old Trek to Enterprise.

~ John Adams
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 05:26 PM   #47
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Kirk is gonna be in this series, and they just casted a new young actor to play him, His name is Paul Wesley.
https://twitter.com/paramountplus/st...53549775695879

Old 03-15-2022, 05:59 PM   #48
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Why? Just why? He met Pike one time. This makes no sense. Then again neither does the Khan descendant nonsense.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 06:01 PM   #49
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
Why? Just why? He met Pike one time. This makes no sense. Then again neither does the Khan descendant nonsense.
I believe during this show's timeline, Kirk isn't a Captain yet, and I believe is an ensign.
Old 03-15-2022, 09:57 PM   #50
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Not surprising. These hacks won't ever stop circling around Kirk, Spock and original Enterprise. Doubtless next will come the Kirk show, showing the Farragut years.

And didn't Kirk say in The Menagerie that he only met Pike once at the Academy?

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 03-15-2022 at 10:10 PM.
Old 03-16-2022, 04:31 AM   #51
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Not surprising. These hacks won't ever stop circling around Kirk, Spock and original Enterprise. Doubtless next will come the Kirk show, showing the Farragut years.

I read that Season 1 is all Captain Pike, And the second season is when Kirk will become captain.
Old 03-16-2022, 05:59 AM   #52
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:

He did.

Forget the hackiness of putting Kirk in this show at all but I don’t understand the timing of this announcement. Season 1 doesn’t premiere for another 2 months. Why are we hearing about this potentially huge change to Season 2 now?I hope Kirk bones the Khan descendant in this just to drive home how stupid these writers are.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 10:08 AM   #53
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I read that Season 1 is all Captain Pike, And the second season is when Kirk will become captain.
So... a 7 year time gap between seasons? Unlikely. More likely this is them fishing for another garbage prequel spinoff.
Old 05-06-2022, 10:46 PM   #54
CyberCubed
Overlord

First episode was good. It's classic Trek. They show us World War 3 on-screen for the first time (at least as far as I remember). Pike is good, Spock's actor is good. The ship looks great, the decks/bridge, etc.

My only complaint is Uhura while a nice actress, just doesn't look anything like the original. She has a shaved head (I don't know why they didn't at least give her a regular hairstyle like in the reboot movies), and well, her skin is too dark so it takes me out of it. Again the actress who played her in '09 was a better match. Uhura is too black now. So she doesn't feel the same.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 05:37 AM   #55
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
My only complaint is Uhura while a nice actress, just doesn't look anything like the original. She has a shaved head (I don't know why they didn't at least give her a regular hairstyle like in the reboot movies), and well, her skin is too dark so it takes me out of it. Again the actress who played her in '09 was a better match. Uhura is too black now. So she doesn't feel the same.
Yeah, agreed. Maybe this will get me roasted, but I actually really liked the casting for the Abrams Trek movies. I liked Saldana as Uhura. I just wish the writing/direction was better, and more 'Trek'. I didn't even mind the Spock/Uhura romance............... Like, the concept of it. I just didn't think they wrote it very well. Just like most blockbusters now, most of it happens off-screen in the sequels including the random break-up(s).
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 11:49 PM   #56
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

So apparently the transporter can now replicate clothes onto you when go through it pre-Kirk? And the January 6th "insurrection" is brought up as an inciting factor for a 2nd civil war in Star Trek lore?

Yeah... I can't. I'm going to hate this. I know I'm going to hate this. I don't even have the will or energy to pirate this, if I was so inclined.
Old 05-12-2022, 04:50 AM   #57
superstaff
Mad Scientist

I wouldn't bother with the show if I were you. None of this should be surprising given that this is NuTrek... The writing and production staff have made it clear that they care more about pushing ideology than making a compelling, entertaining show.
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 10:29 AM   #58
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
And the January 6th "insurrection" is brought up as an inciting factor for a 2nd civil war in Star Trek lore?
The sense of self-importance and insertion-of-self on behalf of these writers and creators is.... insanity. As if they lived through the emotional turmoil of 9-11 all over again because a clown in a bison costume walked into the capital building. And now citing it as some paradigm shifting moment in national history for use in creative culture.

For all intents and purposes that "event" will be forgotten in a single generation.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 11:06 AM   #59
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
So apparently the transporter can now replicate clothes onto you when go through it pre-Kirk? And the January 6th "insurrection" is brought up as an inciting factor for a 2nd civil war in Star Trek lore?
wut
Like what? I know those SJW *******s love to project, but this goes beyond "projecting" and into outright lunacy territory...
Old 05-12-2022, 11:41 AM   #60
Coola Yagami
Overlord

The more I think about the Jan 6 thing, the less it makes sense to me. Like, none of them had guns, the police flat out let them in, and all they really did was loiter and left when they got tired of it.

Like I kept watching the TV waiting for demands, or bombs, or threats of violence, or something like 'WE'RE RUNNING THINGS NOW' and like.... none of that ever happened.

Then of course AOC posting that she feared for her life when it was revealed the bitch was never even there.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote