The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 10-03-2023, 02:40 PM   #41
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameCobra View Post
Looks like Sophie managed to get Umeko/Ninjara before her run ends.

https://twitter.com/mooncalfe1/statu...83500458967552
As cool as that art is... why are we doing the hat-on-a-hat thing again??? I have lost track of how many turtle mutants the series has at this point and now we're doubling-up on fox mutants? There are literally so many other kinds of animals we could see mutants of
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 03:19 PM   #42
CyberCubed
Overlord

Alopex is literally Ninjara with different fur color. Like with having both Jennika and Venus at the same time, I don't know why we need so many redundant characters.

I'm still waiting for Chrome Dome to be introduced, lol.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 08:20 PM   #43
GameCobra
Random Punk

Fox ninjas are the most common ninja architypes. I'm actually very surprised TMNT didn't go crazy with them in the first place. Introducing them now actually makes me happy since they are bringing in that fox ninja architype after so many years.

If they really wanted to go overboard with the ninja fox thing, they would need to make four ninja foxes that are all female. Then I'll start calling them cliche.
GameCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 02:09 AM   #44
Sumac
Banned

I think, we have another non-critical lover of the IDW series.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 02:25 AM   #45
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameCobra View Post
Fox ninjas are the most common ninja architypes. I'm actually very surprised TMNT didn't go crazy with them in the first place. Introducing them now actually makes me happy since they are bringing in that fox ninja architype after so many years.
And yes, curiously, Usagi has had a couple of fox characters (Kitsune primarily) and yet for all the ninja clans featured, no foxes (cats, moles, and bats).
Old 10-04-2023, 09:09 AM   #46
GameCobra
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
And yes, curiously, Usagi has had a couple of fox characters (Kitsune primarily) and yet for all the ninja clans featured, no foxes (cats, moles, and bats).
Admittedly, I haven't read the Usagi series yet. If they haven't gotten a fox ninja clan in there, it's probably because of the same thing I mentioned.

Or maybe he thought the fox clan thing was more of a TMNT thing? I dunno. X3
GameCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 06:45 AM   #47
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Old 10-06-2023, 08:54 AM   #48
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

I bet years from now, you guy's will reminisce and miss this run.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 10:02 AM   #49
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
I already miss this run; the pre-Campbell run when Waltz was in charge. I won’t miss the furry Freeform teen drama that we have now
Old 10-06-2023, 11:14 AM   #50
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Hard to miss something you never read. I literally jumped off after use 100 and only came back for the Armageddon Game, and even then I'm mostly enjoying the TMNT crossovers and the '80's TMNT' comics more.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/

Last edited by Coola Yagami; 10-06-2023 at 12:20 PM.
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 03:05 PM   #51
CyberCubed
Overlord

It is kinda surprising Sophie stayed on for 50 issues in a row. I guess they really had nobody to replace her with either.
Old 10-06-2023, 03:17 PM   #52
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 03:39 PM   #53
CyberCubed
Overlord

The first 20ish issues of Sophie's run ranged from ok to forgettable, and then hit a real low point with the battle of the bands arc. Like that was the worst overall arc in the whole comic, a music battle where you couldn't even hear sound and then Bebop/Rocksteady just give up and don't compete anyway making the whole thing pointless. Lita and that whole future timeline nonsense was bad too.

Then Sophie started doing issues leading up to or supporting the Armaggedon game series, so those issues ranged from fine to decent extra material. The Punk Frog arc that introduced Venus/Barlow, etc wasn't that good either. I did like that Rahzar/Tokka got introduced though. All the other stuff about Mutant town as I said above ranged from meh to forgettable.

The current arc has been pretty good though. Dr. Barlow went from a D-tier villain to a B-tier villain and its been very interesting so far.
Old 10-06-2023, 05:38 PM   #54
Sumac
Banned

What people expected from an activist to write book about outcasts?
Of course, said activist will fill the book with politics and Deviantart OG DONUTSTEAL self-insert as icing on the cake to overshadow real heroes.

Reminds of that Brazilian MegaMan comic book, I think that what it was, where writer just outright killed MegaMan and his friends to replace them with his own characters.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2023, 07:05 AM   #55
TheLabRat
Hench Mutant

I feel like Casey's character was butchered many time. Campbell trashed him because she wanted Jennika to have a pig girlfriend. In Mutant Town arc, his character is completely schizophrenic. When he first showed up in Mutant Town, he seemed okay, but then, he became an toxic masculinity alcoholic for no reason, and then, when Leo met him, he became a different person again and he've been in and out of mutant town several times and is well known at the Mutant Town Fight Club. But in Armageddon Game-The Alliance, he said that he was totally ignored by his friends an allies and no one is kept him in the loop of what's going and he felt lost and aimless. Now he become a real asshole just like his father because he joined the Foot Clan.
TheLabRat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 05:01 PM   #56
Jeff
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Mutant town hasn't been the focus of the series in a long while. Yes it's still "there" but the actual stories haven't been about living in Mutant town or whatever.

What I wonder though is how many of these characters will continue in the series after issue 150 that Sophie introduced.

Jennika, Sheena, the 3 weasels, Lita the kid white Turtle, Mona Lisa, Carmen and Bob, Venus, Regenta,, some of the background mutants like Jay the frog, the ant, the walrus guy, the chicken, etc
Its normal for supporting characters to rotate in ensemble titles like this, but Jennika is a main character. She'll stay until there's a hard reboot to the series, and even then, she may be there from the beginning.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2023, 10:59 PM   #57
CyberCubed
Overlord

Do we know if issue 150 will be double length? Unless I'm remembering wrong, I'm pretty sure issue 50 and 100 were both double length at about 40 something pages instead of the usual 20 pages.
Old 11-10-2023, 06:41 AM   #58
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Do we know if issue 150 will be double length? Unless I'm remembering wrong, I'm pretty sure issue 50 and 100 were both double length at about 40 something pages instead of the usual 20 pages.
Do you honestly want it to be longer than it has to this time?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2023, 10:29 AM   #59
CyberCubed
Overlord

Well depending what happens in it, if it's some big showdown with Armaggon I'd prefer it to be longer. I think the thing is we don't know if Sophie is setting things up for the next writer who replaces her or if she's ending the Armaggon story in just another 5 issues.
Old 11-10-2023, 04:47 PM   #60
DexVcx
Random Punk

My prediction of #150 a major character death is going to happen hopefully is jennika. If not I'm still glad this garbage run is over
DexVcx is offline   Reply With Quote