The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 01-18-2012, 03:41 PM   #81
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
Only imaginarily. Where's the hate for Beauty & The Beast? It's the exact same issue.
true, but I wouldn't call people that had a issue with it racists
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 03:52 PM   #82
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Its not an original concept. Michelangelo's crush was for a two shot joke in the first film and that was really it. Don didn't have a crush on April it was just Mike making a joke "ohhh,"April and I" because Don was trying to work with Aprill on something when Mike was pestering them. Don might have a cruh on her because she is a science-minded person like him and he likes her for sharing similar field interest. The problem is this is not a movie with it being used for a couple of laughs its an ongoing television show. It would make for good use in their first couple of meetings but after that i don't like the idea. It just doesn't feel right and I don't see Don in love with April even if obiciously one sided. Its one of the two things about the new show that bug me. Its okay for the early episodes but I would hope to see it dropped.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:04 PM   #83
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TobTurn View Post
I guess the difference this time is April's age. She's a teenager now, and the turtles kind of actually have a chance with her.
This. In past incarnations, it's kinda been played up as humor since she's much too old anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SherlockJr View Post
Yeah, I hope they keep romantic subplots to a minimum.
I tend to lean this way as well... A few episodes of Young Justice have been damn near ruined because of Superboy and Miss Martian. Probably best to play it safe and avoid.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:08 PM   #84
Lethal Lullaby
Foot Elite

Thumbs up

Personally I don't like the idea of Don crushin' on April, but... *exasperated sigh* I. Guess. So... Just as long as they don't go to the point where I throw the remote into the T.V. screen, and start throwing up. (not a fan of romance)
Lethal Lullaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:25 PM   #85
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

^I think most of the people on here agree with you, but it being on Nick I dont think it will last to long.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 06:00 PM   #86
FearlessLeader
Mad Scientist

This is a kids show aimed at a young male audience mostly, any romance will be kept a minimum. I think more then anything Don's crush will be used as a way for his brothers to make fun of him more then anything else.

Artwork by Jim Lawson
FearlessLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 03:04 AM   #87
Nintendophile
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
This is a kids show aimed at a young male audience mostly, any romance will be kept a minimum. I think more then anything Don's crush will be used as a way for his brothers to make fun of him more then anything else.
Agreed. I could see it being played as maybe Mike, Raph, and Leo being able to talk and joke around with April, but Don maybe getting a little flustered around her, and the rest of the boys tease him about it. Or maybe Don finds an interesting gadget, and makes a point to save it to show to April, and the others give him a hard time about it. Good-natured, brotherly ribbing.
Nintendophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:01 AM   #88
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Only imaginarily. Where's the hate for Beauty & The Beast? It's the exact same issue.
Beast is a dude with a curse put on him, not an animal by nature.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:53 AM   #89
Katie
Just...way too serious.

I don't understand how being disgusted by beastiality equals being a racist. Seriously, the thought of someone f*cking a dog makes me want to vomit....but I have no issues with anyone because of what shade of brown they might be.

Who cares if a turtle crushes on April. I just don't want them in a physical relationship. At all.

My only disgust is for real life fangirls and fanbois who obsess over what a real life relationship with a real life ninja turtle would be.....to the point that they don't pursue a normal healthy relationship.....and then they whine because no one "real" would love them....but they don't even try to find someone.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:36 AM   #90
ToTheNines
[sic]

Rob Paulsen to Sean Astin on Twitter earlier today:

"We miss you, Raph. Please come back to the lair. Love, Donnie. Oh, please bring Turtle Wax. (got a date with April tonite!)"

True story.

Last edited by ToTheNines; 02-05-2012 at 08:27 PM.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 02:16 PM   #91
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Seriously? That's hilarious.

And, Katie, I agree with you about the whole relationship thing. Some people take it to an unhealthy level when it comes to the TMNT.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 08:12 PM   #92
FearlessLeader
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Seriously? That's hilarious.

And, Katie, I agree with you about the whole relationship thing. Some people take it to an unhealthy level when it comes to the TMNT.
Trust me people acting this way isn't strictly stuck in only Turtles fandom. There is crazy everywhere, sometimes I think it's just more obvious in Turtles fandom because we are small in comparison to a lot of fandoms and all kind of "know" one another.

Rob Paulsen is an amazing man, and that's about all I feel I need to say!

I am kind of in the "whatever floats peoples boat" area. If people want to ship things more power to them, as long as your not shoving it in my face and yelling at me if I don't agree I won't mess with your make believe dreams.

Though being a fan of Star Trek almost as long as Turtles I have to play devil's advocate and ask if the Turtles are really "animals"?? They are sentient humanoid reptiles which one could argue is an excelled step in evolution. I mean the Cardassian race in Star Trek are large humanoid reptiles and they are "people" and have relationships and offspring with mammal species.

Not that I'm saying the Turtles need to be procreating with anyone in any media anytime soon, it's just something I am curious about peoples thoughts about.

Artwork by Jim Lawson
FearlessLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 03:00 AM   #93
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

thing is they aren't evolved. They have gotten contaminated and affected by that, their mutation ain't natural.

And there is the whole thing how "evolution" works in fiction, clearly a humanoid for ain't what all species are going for in the far future.
"In the future. Dogs have evolved to a advanced bipedal being with the ability to speak and create machinery, raging war against humanity."

Ad the Star Trek example can easily be debunked that it's aliens, and they might not be just reptiles, but something entirely else that is compatible with other species/races.

Like the Dragonborn race in Dungeons & Dragons, they are a human/Dragon hybrid race, thought they have reptilian apperance, they aren't reptiles. Not even remotely, since Dragons aren't reptiles in D&D.

I personally don't care, I just commented on the whole connecting the TurtlexHuman relationship dislike to racism. Since the turtles are pet turtles, animals turned humanoid. They may have a human-like features, facial expressions, human like arms and legs, pose-able thumbs.

But they are still turtles, and some have turtles as pets.

had they been members of a ancient turtle race, it would probably had been different.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:02 AM   #94
gobo
Wacky Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Beast is a dude with a curse put on him, not an animal by nature.
O_O Curses aren't a work of imagination?

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:46 AM   #95
Nintendophile
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwamu The Kappa View Post
thing is they aren't evolved. They have gotten contaminated and affected by that, their mutation ain't natural.

And there is the whole thing how "evolution" works in fiction, clearly a humanoid for ain't what all species are going for in the far future.
"In the future. Dogs have evolved to a advanced bipedal being with the ability to speak and create machinery, raging war against humanity."

Ad the Star Trek example can easily be debunked that it's aliens, and they might not be just reptiles, but something entirely else that is compatible with other species/races.

Like the Dragonborn race in Dungeons & Dragons, they are a human/Dragon hybrid race, thought they have reptilian apperance, they aren't reptiles. Not even remotely, since Dragons aren't reptiles in D&D.

I personally don't care, I just commented on the whole connecting the TurtlexHuman relationship dislike to racism. Since the turtles are pet turtles, animals turned humanoid. They may have a human-like features, facial expressions, human like arms and legs, pose-able thumbs.

But they are still turtles, and some have turtles as pets.

had they been members of a ancient turtle race, it would probably had been different.
Not that I'm taking one side or another, but strictly playing Devil's Advocate here: In our world, bestiality is a huge taboo because it's someone doing something with an animal. But, in our world, we're the only philosophically sentient species. In the world of the Ninja Turtles, now there's mutated animals that are also philosophically sentient. They're able to think, feel, and converse on the same mental level as humans. While they're still animals, now their only difference from us is that they're a different species. So, in the world of the Ninja Turtles, humans are no longer the only game in town when it comes to sentience.

In our world, if you "fall in love" with a sheep, it means you like to "you-know-what" with sheep. In the world of the Ninja Turtles, you could be talking online with someone, fall in love with their personality, then find out they're a mutant sheep IRL.

I agree with FearlessLeader, in that it's more akin to aliens. (Only because that's another type of scenario where there's different sentient, humanoid species.) Of course the Turtles aren't aliens, but they ARE another sentient species. It doesn't matter that they were once regular old turtles. It's what they are now that matters, mutant or otherwise.

So, is a relationship (or sex) with another species bad because they aren't human and aren't smart like humans (like in the real world), or is it bad because they just aren't human (like in the Ninja Turtles' world)?

Again, I'm not taking either side. I'm just laying the question out in a more defined fashion.

Last edited by Nintendophile; 02-06-2012 at 08:58 AM.
Nintendophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:45 PM   #96
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

To me, the Turtles have evolved because of the mutagen. They turned from ordinary pet shop turtles into turtles with humanoid characteristics. Could they have children with humans? No, not at all because it would be impossible for such a thing to happen. Could they do so with other mutants, or alien species? Maybe.

However, this won't happen in the show, so I'm not too worried about the romance myself. As long as it's just a crush, I'm fine with it.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 03:06 PM   #97
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
O_O Curses aren't a work of imagination?
OK, yeah, pretend like you dunno what I mean. That'll get your point across.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:34 PM   #98
gobo
Wacky Action

Why so serious?

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:39 PM   #99
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Why so serious?
We're on a TMNT forum, need a deeper explanation?
Old 02-08-2012, 05:06 PM   #100
Stingray69
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
To me, the Turtles have evolved because of the mutagen. They turned from ordinary pet shop turtles into turtles with humanoid characteristics. Could they have children with humans? No, not at all because it would be impossible for such a thing to happen. Could they do so with other mutants, or alien species? Maybe.

However, this won't happen in the show, so I'm not too worried about the romance myself. As long as it's just a crush, I'm fine with it.
Dint mike have kids in the comics with a alien?
Stingray69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cybercubed thinks deep, nick