The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 07-05-2015, 02:02 PM   #21
PangolinFeets
Mad Scientist

I'm right on the North shore of Long Island so I had a big group over and we walked to the beach to see the show. You can see every firework happening all along the coast plus all the fireworks on the South shore of Conneticut.
Delicioua food, games, and fireworks all around. Its one of my favorite holidays.

Good to see everyone have fun.
PangolinFeets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 02:10 PM   #22
Mew
Banned

I'm actually doing my fireworks tonight since my stupid neighbors and their kids won't be their to screw it up like last year. God those kids are stupid and disgusting.
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 02:36 PM   #23
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

So we didn't set off anything. Certain people just became party poopers later after coming home from the cookout. *pout* So I sat my ass out alone (again) on the back deck. There's trees that partly bock the views, but the usual directions did their thing.

On the plus side the new folks that moved in behind us last year had people over and a number of fountains to set off. So that was nice; so used to that house being dark - or like two summers ago the former neighbor's problem son deciding it was a good idea to go out and shoot off some kind of gun in the dark on their deck. (WTF. So glad they moved away.)

Too bad I can't see any of the big displays from my house, but it was cloudy enough to see the flashes of color against the clouds, esp during the finale.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 03:17 PM   #24
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
So we didn't set off anything. Certain people just became party poopers later after coming home from the cookout. *pout* So I sat my ass out alone (again) on the back deck. There's trees that partly bock the views, but the usual directions did their thing.

On the plus side the new folks that moved in behind us last year had people over and a number of fountains to set off. So that was nice; so used to that house being dark - or like two summers ago the former neighbor's problem son deciding it was a good idea to go out and shoot off some kind of gun in the dark on their deck. (WTF. So glad they moved away.)

Too bad I can't see any of the big displays from my house, but it was cloudy enough to see the flashes of color against the clouds, esp during the finale.
I went outside to look at the fireworks from the distance, and then I saw some people set a huge roll of fireworks near the sidewalk, And it lasted for 4 minutes. I caught it on video.

Old 07-05-2015, 04:07 PM   #25
Mayhem
Foot Elite

I'm only kidding (just about) by my previous remark, but I think most of you realised that heh. Thankfully no one here has asked me if we have 4th July in the UK... well of course we do, it comes after the 3rd, and before the 5th

Quote:
Originally Posted by PangolinFeets View Post
I'm right on the North shore of Long Island so I had a big group over and we walked to the beach to see the show. You can see every firework happening all along the coast plus all the fireworks on the South shore of Conneticut.
I've been on Long Island for Independence Day way in the past (I want to say 1998 ), and I'm pretty sure I saw fireworks on the north side of the island. Maybe it was the same display? How long has it been running there?
Old 07-05-2015, 04:11 PM   #26
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I went outside to look at the fireworks from the distance, and then I saw some people set a huge roll of fireworks near the sidewalk, And it lasted for 4 minutes. I caught it on video.
Hah, neat. Never seen a ball of sparks go out for a walk down the road. lol
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 06:44 AM   #27
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
I'm only kidding (just about) by my previous remark, but I think most of you realised that heh. Thankfully no one here has asked me if we have 4th July in the UK... well of course we do, it comes after the 3rd, and before the 5th

I've been on Long Island for Independence Day way in the past (I want to say 1998 ), and I'm pretty sure I saw fireworks on the north side of the island. Maybe it was the same display? How long has it been running there?
I figured you were, but I thought I would clarify that the U.S. broke away from England to become the U.S. You guys have Bonfire Night though, so you do set off fireworks.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 06:50 AM   #28
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
I figured you were, but I thought I would clarify that the U.S. broke away from England to become the U.S.
Oh I know, I'm being sarcastic and joking that it was actually us here who decided to cut you loose because it wasn't worth the hassle any more
Old 07-06-2015, 06:56 AM   #29
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

And that's all good. Maybe it was on both sides. After all, half of the world hates our guts. Then again, people in America hate America, too.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 08:54 AM   #30
PangolinFeets
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post

Its mostly just the rich beach-property owners who run stuff over from NJ. There's usually two or three local guys running it, but we can see the shows for miles along the beach.

The 4th is pretty silly for my family because my Dad is from Somerset England. XD
PangolinFeets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 11:41 AM   #31
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by PangolinFeets View Post
The 4th is pretty silly for my family because my Dad is from Somerset England. XD
Half English, huh? Cool

Would often visit Taunton in the past, when I used to be playing CCGs, as tournaments were sometimes held there. And sample the cider heh.

Tags
cybercubed thinks deep