The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 09-18-2017, 03:43 AM   #41
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leofan26 View Post
I don't care how hated Tracey was by the fandom, he should still be mentioned, he was a big part of the series since Orange Islands, showing up in Chronicles all the time and cameos in the older series. He was always with Misty than suddenly he's not talked about? Or at least that's what viewers who watched the episode in subs said, guess I was right in not checking out the show and acting like it's not apart of the series.
Not sure about "Tracey", but I really liked Kenji. He's one of my favorite characters from the series. I saw the recent Pokemon episode and was surprised that he wasn't in the episode since he was an assistant to Oak. Is he still one? Sucks people didn't like him much. I thought it was a nice change to have a guy with a different occupation and stuff as a traveling companion. My ideal traveling group was always him along with the other two. Brock would have someone his age to associate with and Ash would have someone his age to associate with.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 01:39 AM   #42
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Anime has always had fan service even in kids shows but the term fan service is thrown around a lot, especially in a negative sense. Bathing suits can be really obvious fan service or subtle, I mean it's only clothing. Tons of western shows have characters wearing bikinis, it's not meant to be taken that way even if it can. That is just Misty's outfit in the game, and I believe we see Brock shirtless doing his game pose as well in the next episode.

As far as Tracey, he got a lot of flack mostly because he was replacing Brock and "ruining" the original trio. We are now used to seeing the cast change but Tracey got all the hate for being the first one, ironically enough it was done to appeal more to western audiences. Sadly he's been forgotten, I don't see how he was a "big part of the series" after Orange Islands. Chronicles was an awesome way to give other characters the spotlight, sadly none of that worked out since we rarely get specials like that anymore. Featuring him in the openings is far from "being important" and with the cast of previous "main" characters growing gen after gen then it's obvious they would cut the fat, and non-game characters like him the first to go. I like him though
I agree, Tracey was a great character, and I wish they would do another Chronicles series, to catch up on some older characters. Would be cool to see what happened to Ritchie and sparky.

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 11:40 AM   #43
CyberCubed
Overlord

The animation for the battles next ep look really good. This might actually be Misty's first good battle in the 20 years she existed. Misty was generally poor at battling throughout most of her run in the anime, to the point where she bombed or failed all her battles or had to rely on Psyduck's headache to save herself. Then in Johto she barely battles at all till the tail-end of the saga when she gets Poliwhirl/Corsola. Prior to Serena, Misty also did the least amount of battling of all the main girls in the show, so there are hardly any Misty battles to even go back and rewatch in the first place.

Brock also rarely ever battled in the anime, and when he did it was just to watch him lose. After he joins Ash, he literally loses every single battle he has on the cast for all of Kanto/Johto besides some TR blast-offs, and I'm pretty sure he loses all his battles in AG as well. I don't think Brock ever won a battle till he got Croagunk in DP.

This combined with the fact that the battles in general during Kanto/Johto were the weakest of the anime's entire history (as we know, most of Ash's battles back then were terrible too, he won most battles by luck), it is a shock to see Misty and Brock portrayed as competent battlers like they are in the games. It took 20 years, but Misty might have her first actual really good battle in the anime. For once Misty might not be considered the worst battler of the main girls.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 10:30 AM   #44
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I will be watching the Pokemon 20 I choose you movie, crazy. Even if I"m unhappy with the way they handled it, it's still going to be awesome. I haven't watched a Pokemon movie in theaters since Pokemon 2000, I'll also receive a TCG just like back in the day & a special Ash hat pikachu so that's cool.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 10:55 AM   #45
Allio
Foot Elite

Last movie I saw was the Master of Illusion Z film
Old 09-22-2017, 08:32 AM   #46
ZariusTwo
Overlord

So Ash was able to beat Misty in their battle. She was annoyed, but there was a lot of sweet and playful banter between them afterwards where she points out most of his badge earnings were often out of pity
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 08:09 PM   #47
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

I watched the episode today. It was obviously really nice to see some familiar faces along with some classic Pokemon, especially Bulbasaur. I'm also glad that Misty and Brock's personalities are still the same. Pikachu's little reunion with Misty at the airport was very sweet. The Cerulean City Gym obviously went through some major reconstruction while Ash has been away.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 06:06 PM   #48
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
I watched the episode today. It was obviously really nice to see some familiar faces along with some classic Pokemon, especially Bulbasaur. I'm also glad that Misty and Brock's personalities are still the same. Pikachu's little reunion with Misty at the airport was very sweet. The Cerulean City Gym obviously went through some major reconstruction while Ash has been away.
When is it supposed to air? I have been waiting to see it even if I have to scour the net for the English dub!
Old 12-13-2017, 06:07 PM   #49
CyberCubed
Overlord

They both already aired. The english dub nowadays is quite poor, if you're looking for nostalgia none of the characters have the same voices in the 4kids one so they won't sound the same anyway. Just watch it or the Japanese one on youtube.
Old 12-13-2017, 06:20 PM   #50
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
They both already aired. The english dub nowadays is quite poor, if you're looking for nostalgia none of the characters have the same voices in the 4kids one so they won't sound the same anyway. Just watch it or the Japanese one on youtube.
I don't have any ways of getting information for when Pok'emon airs these days. The lack of chatter about it on here hurts in that department as well. Would a link to the episode's english dub be shared with me in a P.M?
Old 12-16-2017, 10:50 AM   #51
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I cannot stand these endless animes that will go on forever.

I really wish I could re-watch all of Pokemon but it's never going to happen, I watch episodes here and there when I get hyped and I try to watch a whole "generation" but it's impossible.

I'm dub only since when I watch I tend to multi task, I cannot devote all my attention to the show which is necessary when you watch a subbed show when you have a show that lasts as long as Pokemon.
Old 12-16-2017, 11:36 AM   #52
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I think the dub is pretty good at this point.

I get it, people like CyberCubed and I have been nostalgic for the 4Kids voices, but they have been gone for more than a decade, and the new voices have appeared more than the originals at this point.

I watched the episodes and they were awesome, both dub and sub. My favourite moments were Kiawe reacting to Kantonian Dugtrio and Ashs Pikachu vs Mistys Mega Gyarados.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 07:51 AM   #54
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's likely just another 2-ep cameo in November to promote the new games. Ash is staying in Alola for the rest of the series. Likewise given Misty/Brock are all the way in the background on the poster behind the SM cast, it's obvious they won't be sticking around for long.
Old 09-13-2018, 09:39 AM   #55
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Cybersai am cry, I predicted this.

Nostalgia wins again
Old 09-13-2018, 12:07 PM   #56
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Here is the poster confirming their return.

https://comicbook.com/anime/2018/09/...me-key-visual/
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 01:59 PM   #57
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Brock and Misty will have outfits that fit the Aloa region

Old 11-25-2018, 03:55 PM   #58
sdp
Megan Fox = April

There wasn't a theatrical release of the Power of Us movie in my area, I guess I'll have to wait for the video release in a month. I hated Pokemon I choose you the movie but I heard good things about Everyone's Story so I'm willing to give it a try. Having these AU stories is more appealing than the generic "Ash finds this years mythical Pokemon" movie.

Haven't watched Sun and Moon, how is it? I don't like the art style but the direction looks like it could be fun. I'm glad Misty and Brock are returning, they really are the best of Ash's companions. Sure you can argue that Misty became boring in Johto and Brock was dead weight all of Sinnoh but they are still fun characters. I've liked May, Max, Dawn but i wouldn't say they're better.
Old 12-26-2018, 02:20 AM   #59
ZariusTwo
Overlord

So there was an interesting reference in the latest crossover episodes...Misty's sisters are back and are running the gym again, which means there's nothing to hold Misty in Kanto anymore. I think this was a backdoor way of leaving the door open for a long-term return to the cast in the next series or whenever the writers want to have Ash and Misty bump into each other again in another region at any given point really.
Old 12-27-2018, 07:25 AM   #60
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

What I didn't like about how Brock and Misty were depicted here was that the both of them were talking about giving Ash the Gym badges out of pity.

Come on, Brock's little brothers and Sisters begged Ash not to defeat Brock at their fight in the Pewter City gym and Ash, seeing what Brock did to provide for them and having a keen sense of honor, complied with their wishes. In the end Brock gave Ash the badge to thank him.

Ash' fight against Misty in the Cerulean City gym was interrupted by Team Rocket, who wanted to raid the Gym. Ash helped to chase Team Rocket off and Misty and her sisters gave him the badge, again as a token of their gratitude.

Come on, couldn't the script writers look up the actual episodes and see how it really happened before they made Brock and Misty behave mean towards Ash?

Tags
pokemon