The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 09-20-2017, 09:11 AM   #21
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Man, that subway map variant cover is pretty tight

EDIT: Also, did that one Triceraton's prosthetic arm switch sides??

Last edited by ProphetofGanja; 09-20-2017 at 09:28 AM.
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 10:56 AM   #22
turtlefan27
Foot Soldier

I absolutely love the main cover for 77. I am so looking forward to reading this arc.
turtlefan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 11:29 AM   #23
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Multi-color Utroms with varying body shapes?! Huzzah!

I was in already, and now I'm in even more! (Though I'm bound to be fooled again).

I'm also getting the feeling that this is where I should have put my gift money toward...
Old 09-20-2017, 12:14 PM   #24
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlZarkovski View Post

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Universe #17

Chris Mowry (W), Giannis Milonogiannis (A/VC), Freddie Williams II (C)

“From the Heart, for the Heard” Part 2 of 2. Zog and Zom discover the secret history of the Triceraton race’s origin, with deadly ramifications for planet Earth!

FC • 32 pages • $4.99

Bullet points:
• Ties into the TMNT ongoing's "Invasion of the Triceratons!"
• Part of IDW’s Artist’s Edition Cover Month!
Heh, the traditional Utrom exo-skeletons... You know, I don't think we've ever seen those on the IDW depiction of the Utroms before. Tripods, hazard-suits and Krang-style combat bodies but never the robotic skeletons.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 01:12 PM   #25
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I think those might just be for artist's aesthetic, since no other artist has really used them.

Tripods seem to be the favorite method of transportation. I speculate that they're such a necessity for their lives that they're given to them automatically at a certain age. As well as the 'trainer' walkers for when they're children.
Old 09-20-2017, 04:25 PM   #26
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

All around great cover selection. I'm also really liking that map cover. TMNTU RI #17 original cover art is on eBay for $399.99 if anyone is interested. I like how the artist signature is part of the background on the window.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 05:07 PM   #27
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
All around great cover selection. I'm also really liking that map cover. TMNTU RI #17 original cover art is on eBay for $399.99 if anyone is interested. I like how the artist signature is part of the background on the window.
It reminds me of "Desperate Measures" with the map background.

Does anyone else find the triceratons descending from midair odd? With a teleport beam sure, but there is not one in sight.
Old 09-21-2017, 03:45 AM   #28
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
Yeah, I saw it listed there a week or two back and asked the seller which issue it was from, and they didn't know heh. Probably because neither of us had seen December's solicits...
Old 09-21-2017, 12:18 PM   #29
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
Yeah, I saw it listed there a week or two back and asked the seller which issue it was from, and they didn't know heh. Probably because neither of us had seen December's solicits...
Oh I didn't realize it had been listed that long ago. Not knowing what issue it's from is understandable for sure.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 04:02 PM   #30
Weapons@theready
Hench Mutant

So the cover for #75 looked as if Donatello might be staying behind in Dimension X, and I know that covers can be deceiving, but this cover along with Universe #16 shows him with the rest of the Turtles
Weapons@theready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 01:13 PM   #31
Mutant Ninja Anole
Stone Warrior

You know what?

If I'm the Turtles, the "Unspeakable Alliance" would be with the Triceratrons themselves. I for one welcome our new dinosaur overlords.

Seriously, think about it, why are they fighting on behalf of a world that wants to either kill them or make them weapons? Team up, crush the human resistance, new reptile/anthro order. Of course, this may depend on the stated goals of the Triceratrons. If it is the outright genocide or enslavement of humanity, then yeah, you fight on behalf of the billions of innocents. If they just want to carve out a piece for themselves to live on, where mutants might potentially be welcome as equals...yeah I'd have a hard time arguing against them.

Backing up a little, the actual, most moral stance here might be to work toward negotiating peace, rather than strictly taking a side. I think there's a good chance this arc ends with a peace deal being brokered.

Realistically, I don't think there is any way the Turtles and their clan are going to officially join the invaders...but Old Hob? And the Mutanimals? Their stated goal, remember, is to protect mutants, but also to eventually take earth back from the humans that are messing it up. Which I've stated before is utterly stupid and impossible...unless you were to team up with an outside party.

Based purely on what we know now, does it make ANY sense for Hob to side with Bishop, who is still holding Slash hostage by the way, over the Triceratrons?
Old 09-27-2017, 01:20 PM   #32
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Ninja Anole View Post
You know what?

If I'm the Turtles, the "Unspeakable Alliance" would be with the Triceratrons themselves. I for one welcome our new dinosaur overlords.

Seriously, think about it, why are they fighting on behalf of a world that wants to either kill them or make them weapons? Team up, crush the human resistance, new reptile/anthro order. Of course, this may depend on the stated goals of the Triceratrons. If it is the outright genocide or enslavement of humanity, then yeah, you fight on behalf of the billions of innocents. If they just want to carve out a piece for themselves to live on, where mutants might potentially be welcome as equals...yeah I'd have a hard time arguing against them.

Backing up a little, the actual, most moral stance here might be to work toward negotiating peace, rather than strictly taking a side. I think there's a good chance this arc ends with a peace deal being brokered.

Realistically, I don't think there is any way the Turtles and their clan are going to officially join the invaders...but Old Hob? And the Mutanimals? Their stated goal, remember, is to protect mutants, but also to eventually take earth back from the humans that are messing it up. Which I've stated before is utterly stupid and impossible...unless you were to team up with an outside party.

Based purely on what we know now, does it make ANY sense for Hob to side with Bishop, who is still holding Slash hostage by the way, over the Triceratrons?
I LIKE that. I like that A LOT. Hope that's the case! Joining the invaders to try to negotiate peaceful settlement and coexistence AND end Bishop's evil crusade?