The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 08-08-2017, 10:34 PM   #21
The-Shredder
Hench Mutant

Someone did an amazing render of 1990 Donatello in Unreal Engine 4 and it almost looks like it came straight from the film. https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...1990-Donatello

The-Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 10:44 PM   #22
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Shredder View Post
Someone did an amazing render of 1990 Donatello in Unreal Engine 4 and it almost looks like it came straight from the film. https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...1990-Donatello

https://forums.unrealengine.com/atta...0&d=1481487146
Kudos to the creator, that CGI is outstanding.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 10:53 PM   #23
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Whoa... that's pretty spot on.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 11:25 PM   #24
Optimus Primer
Foot Soldier

Quote:

https://forums.unrealengine.com/atta...0&d=1481487146
That's insane. to the creator!
Optimus Primer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 08:31 AM   #25
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Someone did an amazing render of 1990 Donatello in Unreal Engine 4 and it almost looks like it came straight from the film.
Nice in stills but the real accomplishment is seeing it work well in motion and not end up creepy like CGI Leia or Tarkin in Rogue One.

It would be great if new TMNT films used the animatronic costumes but I can't see that happen since the lazy way of doing it is through CGI. Until CGI gets to a good level the animatronic costumes will always look more real.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 05:05 PM   #26
miru
Mad Scientist

I think we could easily go back to 100% CGI, like in the 2007 film, so effects would become easier.
miru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 04:43 PM   #27
Chris
Mad Scientist

Gotta say, I wouldn't be against going the all animated route but I can't see them doing it as Western audiences tend to view animated movies as for kids and that could be perceived by the studio as reducing the film's box office potential.

Really the 3 things they need to get right are characters, story and tone. If they can do that then it should be a good movie regardless of the medium.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 08:54 PM   #28
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

The rumor before the Nick buyout was that it was going to be practical suits with CGI enhancements for the faces. I would totally be down for this.
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 09:00 AM   #29
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
The rumor before the Nick buyout was that it was going to be practical suits with CGI enhancements for the faces. I would totally be down for this.
I remember that rumor. I believe that was when Legendary Pictures was going to do it with Warner Bros. If I recall correctly, John Logan, who wrote The Last Samurai and Gladiator, was at one point hired for the screenplay or had turned in a draft. Granted, that doesn't usually mean a lot since, more times than not, the writer has very little control over the final result (but often get the blame, sometimes over the people who should).

I am curious. The whole thing was canned before it got anywhere, but I'd like to know what their concept was for the story.
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 12:46 PM   #30
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

As much as I love the Golden Harvest era, I think puppets are pretty much dead in Hollywood. As far as CGI TMNT... all future movies in my opinion should be live action with fully CGI turtles. MoCap is okay I guess but I would prefer full renderings in a computer. Turtles that actually resemble the Eastman/Laird drawings. About 5" each in height with a 4" Splinter.

There was a time however when I advocated 2D animated turtles in live action ala Roger Rabbit but that was back in the 90s when I was young, dumb and full of it! So yeah!
PizzaPower1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 04:51 PM   #31
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtfbomb View Post
I remember that rumor. I believe that was when Legendary Pictures was going to do it with Warner Bros. If I recall correctly, John Logan, who wrote The Last Samurai and Gladiator, was at one point hired for the screenplay or had turned in a draft. Granted, that doesn't usually mean a lot since, more times than not, the writer has very little control over the final result (but often get the blame, sometimes over the people who should).

I am curious. The whole thing was canned before it got anywhere, but I'd like to know what their concept was for the story.
Actually it was John Fusco. According to Laird it would've been a loose sequel to the original film ignoring the others and exploring parts of the turtles origin that haven't been seen on film before.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 05:21 PM   #32
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
Actually it was John Fusco. According to Laird it would've been a loose sequel to the original film ignoring the others and exploring parts of the turtles origin that haven't been seen on film before.
That would've been interesting.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 05:41 PM   #33
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

I think they should go back to costume, but have totally CGI faces. The turtles could be on seen for most of their own movie, and not blow the budget through the roof.

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 05:42 PM   #34
Powder
So tired of this place

I still can't get over how good that Henson Donnie render looks. Oh how wonderful things could be in the right hands...

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 05:53 PM   #35
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I still can't get over how good that Henson Donnie render looks. Oh how wonderful things could be in the right hands...
It looks amazing, but how high would the price tag be for a full movie with four turtles CGI on screen all the time?

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tmnt movies