The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 06-22-2018, 10:30 AM   #821
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

How can you ban memes? It kind of blows my mind a little that the kind of argument we have in the U.S. about guns - that people are just going to obtain/use them anyhow so why regulate/ban anything at all - is somehow not applied to something has harmless as memes? Are they going to block access to most of the internet so they avoid any access to memes that they might be tempted to use? When they are used HERE, do EU resident members of this forum have to quickly scroll past or do they simply have to make sure they delete that part of any quoted meme-containing post they are responding to in order to avoid "using" one? Wait, where is this site hosted at and does it make a difference?

Banning memes raises so many questions... lol
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 12:49 PM   #822
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

"The sun doesn't set on the British Empire, cause God doesn't trust us in the dark."

I love that quote
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 02:09 PM   #823
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

I f#cking hate the Transformers movie franchise
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 08:09 PM   #824
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Looks like typical anime to me.

What do you find unsettling about it?

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 08:27 PM   #825
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Only thing that bugs me is that the second one looks like an 8-year-old with boobs.
Old 06-25-2018, 12:45 AM   #826
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Looks like typical anime to me.

What do you find unsettling about it?

The non-existent noses, the lip-less mouths, the over-sized eyes - for some reason, those seem to bother me. (It's worth mentioning that their hair appears to be unnaturally groomed. Wth?!)

Also, the first one has doughnuts on her hoodie. o_O

Last edited by Papenbrook; 06-25-2018 at 04:10 AM.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 01:48 PM   #827
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
First, those are not donuts. They are clearly teddy bear ears, which is a big thing in Japan. Also, she DOES have a nose- it is just "suggested" due to the angle. That is normal in anime or mangas. They look fine to me. As for the boobs- she is probably around twelve, nut they tend to draw girls young looking, so it's hard to tell sometimes without context.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 02:53 PM   #828
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
First, those are not donuts. They are clearly teddy bear ears, which is a big thing in Japan. Also, she DOES have a nose- it is just "suggested" due to the angle. That is normal in anime or mangas. They look fine to me. As for the boobs- she is probably around twelve, nut they tend to draw girls young looking, so it's hard to tell sometimes without context.
They're drawn to look like, or at least resemble, doughnuts, though.

A tiny dash/dot doesn't really really go a long way of identifying facial features. The girls still look nose-less with that/those aspect(s).

The overly emphasized bust still looks unnecessary, especially if it's drawn/sketched/etched on an adolescent. It looks ... creepy.
Old 06-25-2018, 03:59 PM   #829
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Exactly where have you ever seen donuts that look like bear ears? I mean, WHY would you even assume/think that was what they were??!! They are CLEARLY ears- like you see on hoodies, caps, and a half-dozen other types of headwear in your local department stores. They are even placed where teddy bear ears usually are. Also, it's sketch art, so just about EVERYTHING is "suggested", rather than clearly detailed out as it would be in a "realism" style of art. That is simply how most manga art is drawn. They don't draw in the entire nose when just the "bump" of it will convey that it is there. It takes too much time to add those details, and it's not needed- the audience already KNOWS it's there. (Heh, see what I did there?)

Obviously, you must not read a lot of manga or watch many animes, as MOST of them use this "cutsie"(aka chibi) style of artwork for young kids. If you find it odd, perhaps you just aren't familiar with the art style, which is VERY different from traditional "Western" style animation art. (Aka, the kind that Disney pioneered and made popular up until the early 2000's- others have used a more minimalist comic strip style, which uses much less detail.Both styles have had influence on/been influenced by Japanese anime art.) Basically, what bothers you is that it's not "realistic" in detail. But it's manga art, so it doesn't NEED to be!

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 04:30 PM   #830
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Old 06-30-2018, 05:12 AM   #831
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

It's still creepy ...
Old 06-30-2018, 05:19 AM   #832
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

The awesomesness of just.. having a cup of 'joe at home.

Especially when I get a day off to enjoy the coffee, instead of bringing it to keep me awake for working another graveyard shift.
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 02:41 AM   #833
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

These are awesome hairstyles!

Spoiler:

Old 07-02-2018, 08:40 AM   #834
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

The bottom one is pretty rockin
Old 07-02-2018, 04:34 PM   #835
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

When you're a bad conversationalist and your mom's old friends from several states away are, unknown to you, in the area visiting people and show up at your door and you have to somehow do your best to entertain them for 40 min until your mom actually gets home. Haven't seen them in years, haven't seen them all that many times in life beyond the age of 10 (after they moved so far away), so there's only so much I can talk/ask about personally... (Lord it's lucky I even recognized them at the age they are. The voices helped.)

And mom's friend had survived an aneurysm years ago, plus a stroke years later, so she's not entirely all there all the time and occasionally has episodes and zones out... so of course this happens (and it's rather strange) during the couple of minutes her husband had gone to the car to get his phone. Spooky... I had no idea what the heck was even happening.
Old 07-10-2018, 07:55 AM   #836
Vegita-San
Emperor

is it possible at all to win that stupid little 'guess the number' bonus game in 'Fall of the Foot Clan' ? it's such an odd thing that I all but forgot about it until re rediscovering it recently during a playthrough.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 12:44 PM   #837
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Apparently even a wasp has the ability to make you feel sorry for it...

Normally I don't have much sympathy for flying, stinging things that are known to go from neutral to most pissed thing in the world in half a second flat (esp those damn yellow jackets).

Noticed something on a kitchen window screen yesterday, figured it was from a bird. Today I noticed it a little looked bigger... Then I saw a mud wasp show up, apparently working on a nest on our damn screen. >.> Um, how about no?

As neat as that might have been to have a view of a mud wasp nest just outside a window, we don't need it right there and that screen already has a tear that the weight of it would probably worsen.

So after she left I opened the window and sprayed it through the screen with wasp spray.

At least it was early in her work so she didn't have too much effort wasted. But I still felt kind of bad when I saw her come back with her little tiny ball of mud in her front feet, hovering around, touching the start of her nest and the screen only a couple times, no doubt wondering what the heck just happened while she was gone.

I know many might have just sprayed it while she was there and killed her too, but... Eh, I'm too nice, and she's not trying to bother anyone and isn't as bad as those yellow jackets, I'd rather just discourage her and let her go choose hopefully a better location.
Old 07-25-2018, 04:20 PM   #838
Vegita-San
Emperor

80s song 'you dropped a bomb on me' you can hear an altered version of the technodrome sound effect in the background. or at least it sounds like it.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 11:14 AM   #839
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

We have this pretty little card at one of my stores I cover. It's one of only a small number of Spanish cards, with the little cardboard/thick paper piece behind them identifying what kind of cards they are in Spanish instead.

In this case however, these are BLANK cards, there is NO language on/in them.

Wouldn't it make more sense just for ALL of the blank cards to point out their blankness in both languages? lol
Old 08-03-2018, 01:02 PM   #840
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Yesterday, my mama-ma turned fifty years-old.

Today, as a twenty year-old, I'm feeling extremely old. I'm feeling as though I should be younger. Like, I should be five years younger.

It's quite a shame that I'm currently feeling like this.