The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 06-12-2018, 10:22 AM   #1
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Jerry O'Connel Reveals Talk of a SLIDERS Reboot!

Quote:
Hollywood's all about reboots and revivals, so where's our revisiting of the cult 1990s series Sliders?

The sci-fi series, which aired five seasons between 1995 and 1999, followed a rag-tag team as they 'slid' from one parallel Earth to another via a space-time wormhole.

Now the good news is that original star Jerry O'Connell, who played Quinn Mallory, is convinced that a Sliders reboot is going to materialise.

"I bet it happens," he told Digital Spy. "The guy who created it – a guy named Tracy Tormé – called me recently and said they were planning on it. I hope he gets it together – I'll help out any way I can."

Related: John Rhys-Davies opens up about Sliders: "It was the single biggest missed opportunity of my life"

If the new Sliders does get off the ground, though, O'Connell doesn't expect to be reprising his role as Quinn (which he left after four seasons of the original).

"I mean, there's no way I'll be the star... I'm sure I'll be playing the star's Dad or something!" he laughed. "Or the kid's grandfather. 'Back in my day, we knew how to slide... we knew what was what...'

"It's so funny, when that show ended, you think, 'Well that's that. That was that chapter of my life.' But it's never over, I guess!"
Of course, given that it's a show all about alternate universes, couldn't a reboot introduce a new Quinn Mallory played by some fresh-faced young thing, then reintroduce O'Connell as the original Quinn from a parallel world?

We may have spent a little too long thinking about this...

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/ne...rry-o-connell/
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:47 AM   #2
Vegita-San
Emperor

PLEASE be good.

they can reboot the entire thing with the original cast and do it right this time.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 11:55 AM   #3
Sumac
Banned

Yes! The series of my childhood!
Such a treasure trove of potential. Original series wasted it, starting with the 2nd season, but this time, with proper budget and no executive meddling it might really shine.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 01:10 PM   #4
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I wouldn't mind this show coming back, either...

Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 07:04 AM   #5
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Tracy Torme confirms a reboot/continuation is on the way, and it won't be 'woke'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq_iXGXZGdc
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 08:12 AM   #6
Sumac
Banned

Hopefully this time no-one will **** up with his concept, since Sliders had an enormous potential which was ruined in favor of copying other movies and this whole stupid war with Cromaggs angle.
Old 07-13-2021, 12:39 PM   #7
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Never seen this one back then but I enjoyed Jerry O' Connel's My Secret Identity.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 11:03 AM   #8
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
Never seen this one back then but I enjoyed Jerry O' Connel's My Secret Identity.
Season 1 is a must. season 2 if you enjoyed it. skip three, four is kind of ok but never delivers on what it sets up. five never happened imho.

I've never seen a show hate it's characters so much. proffessor gets brain drained, killed as an invalid, and left on an exploding planet. Wade gets sent to a kromag rape camp, and has her head cut off and open and turned into a living computer until she self destructs. Quin's brother gets 'split' into a million different pieces and spread across the universe. quin gets merged with an alternate version of himself. and remmy may or may not survive a sacrificial jump.

anyone left you don't care about as they are just copies of better characters.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 05:50 PM   #9
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
It was a good show for the first two seasons with an amazing premise.

But sadly overtime, conflict between its creator and producers degenerated this show into some comic book-like shitshow.