The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Are you getting tired of the show
Yes 14 14.89%
No 66 70.21%
Maybe 14 14.89%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-05-2014, 03:15 PM   #21
snake
Disgusting

A tiny bit. I'm sick of plot amnisia, I'm sick of The Kraang, and I'm sick of mutants. Season One was nearly perfect, while season 2 is a bit off. It's sad how the shows popularity is falling. I used to see kids wearing TMNT shirts all the time, not any more. And with Legend Of Kuro Kabuto getting a 1.9 in terms of ratings, Nick really needs to promote the show more.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 03:24 PM   #22
CyberCubed
Overlord

This thread seems to promote negativity. Majority of Season 2 has been good, people are just used to the antics of the show now whereas in Season 1 it was all new.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 03:27 PM   #23
Powder
So tired of this place

I share just about everyone's frustrations but I am in no way tired of the show. Tired of current plot devices/tropes, maybe. But all things pass in time. I have very high hopes for the climax of the season, & for what will happen in the next. Short of a few too many filler episodes & Karai's mutation, the show never really disappointed me.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 03:33 PM   #24
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
And with Legend Of Kuro Kabuto getting a 1.9 in terms of ratings, Nick really needs to promote the show more.
It's fading in popularity? Would seem like a waste of Viacom's money if the show wound up needing to be cancelled. An even worse scenario is that if it ends up being canned after the 4 season contract is up, we might never get more TMNT cartoons again seeing how the IP is owned by the network. It's not that big of a risk seeing how let's say Batman has pretty much always had a cartoon on for the past 22 years but the risk is there...
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 04:50 PM   #25
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
It's fading in popularity? Would seem like a waste of Viacom's money if the show wound up needing to be cancelled. An even worse scenario is that if it ends up being canned after the 4 season contract is up, we might never get more TMNT cartoons again seeing how the IP is owned by the network. It's not that big of a risk seeing how let's say Batman has pretty much always had a cartoon on for the past 22 years but the risk is there...
What on earth are you whining about?

The show is renewed through Season 4 already. And it'll probably go on at least up to Season 7. The show is tremendously popular.
Old 07-05-2014, 05:00 PM   #26
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
And it'll probably go on at least up to Season 7.
No. I don't think I can take seven seasons of this.
Old 07-05-2014, 05:03 PM   #27
CyberCubed
Overlord

I hope you're joking. The show changes with each passing season. I'm sure the Kraang won't be focused on for the entire run of the show.
Old 07-05-2014, 05:07 PM   #28
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netkeeper View Post
No. I don't think I can take seven seasons of this.
http://i.imgur.com/D1RNJIs.gif
No offense, but if you don't like the show, why keep watching it? Whenever I come across a show I can't stand, I stop watching it.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 05:37 PM   #29
terrorblade
Foot Soldier

I think season 2 is much better than season 1. Wormquake, Wrath of tiger Claw and Vengeance is Mine are better than any season 1 episode.
terrorblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 05:52 PM   #30
Leo656
The Franchise

I just wanna give Netkeeper a big Thumbs Up on the Rarity meme. It's a way over-exaggerated statement all the same, I just like the way it looks.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 05:54 PM   #31
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Stick with the show, we know that season 3 is bringing some changes and that should freshen it up some.

I really like the show, I wish we had a greater sense of progression but they are still doing a fine job, and we gotta remember it's only 2 season in.

I want Nick to treat this show more like Legend of Korra, where you don't feel like the characters are stuck in this neverending loop of being frozen in time and battling enemies over and over. I want to see more of a plot unfold. Thankfully we DO have some very good story seeds planted all over the place, Nick can definitely do that with this show if they just push it a little further.

So yeah. We already have some clues about what Season 3 has in store, and that is the make-or-break season for me... if this show can't take all of those plot elements that have leaked and make something out of them and instead just puts the turtles back in the same sewer fighting the same enemies and struggling to meet the same goals by midway through the season, then I'll know they are just being lazy.

Last edited by Zulithe; 07-05-2014 at 06:02 PM.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 07:36 PM   #32
pennydreadful
trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I just wanna give Netkeeper a big Thumbs Up on the Rarity meme. It's a way over-exaggerated statement all the same, I just like the way it looks.
Rarity is the most fabulous pony.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 07:41 PM   #33
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

nope. I watch it on demand whenever I can and I find it thoroughly entertaining. With the exception of some episodes.
Old 07-05-2014, 08:01 PM   #34
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

a little....season 1 treated everyone awesome....season 2...not so much.

but I'll keep watching it for now :3 season 2 might just be a little bit of bad luck.
Old 07-05-2014, 09:04 PM   #35
Casey
Stone Warrior

Definitely depends what week you ask me. I like when shows have a finite ending planned and I wish season 3 would wrap it up, but that's the problem with American television. Make em till we hate em or lose interest.
Old 07-05-2014, 09:27 PM   #36
DVD
Mad Scientist

Quite the opposite from getting tired of it.

I hadn't watched new ep's for a while (only got the internet hooked up last night) so I was watching older shows recently.
I put the first disc of Season 1 (Nick) on, and watched it all the way through.
I then watched all the other episodes over the next two days.
I hadn't seen most since first airings, and found that I really enjoyed watching them again. And I never grewtired of watching them one after the other. It was quite nice actually. Even my girlfriend sat through about three before getting up to do something else (I even found her laughing on occassion!!).
I loved the first half of the second season, and really looking forward to this second half this afternoon.

Personally, I think it has been well maintained as a series, and the entertainment value is 100% still there.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 10:36 PM   #37
snake
Disgusting

Season Three will probably get rid of all those annoyances I have with the show.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 12:51 AM   #38
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

I would have said yes, than Vegance is Mine got me excited again

Over all, season two was a major let down in my opinion. Too many fillers and they messed up Nick's Mikey pretty bad, thankfully it seems like or I hope from what it looks like the writers seem to be fixing that.

I wish they'd have focused more on the Shredder / Karai instead, oh well hopefully they do a better job with season three, thirds times the charm right? Well, it worked out that way for Legend of Korra any ways
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 12:58 AM   #39
Werecat
Hench Mutant

Maybe

Season 2 has amazing episodes though. The whole plot behind season 2 is a bit everywhere and inconsistent but I assume it is because it is introducing more characters. Once they are finished introducing the main bulk of characters I hope that is when awesome episodes will come. I will mention some great episodes in Season two.

The Good, the Bad and Casey Jones is so action packed, the train fight and the Raph vs Casey fight is well done! The movie reference with the title is sweet too.

Slash and Destroy is a well done episode. I loved how the dark scenes were contrasted by an adorable scene were Leo had to participate at a tea party against his will! Slash showed he was evil through his actions. Raph had to deal with consequences. It was a plot driven by the characters.

Newtralized was a great episode as well. Early dialogue between Raph and Slash foreshadowed the ending. Slash mentioned "I see you have a new partner, a human. Are you going to betray him as you did me?!" Little did he know that later on he will have to betray his partner. The episode explores the negatives of having Casey around but later on Casey has a chance to redeem himself. Most of the characters have a role to fulfill in order to unravel the plot as well as defeat the Newtralizer and the Kraang, basically having a chance to shine. Overall just a well done episode.

Sadly those are the only amazing episodes that come to mind. I assume it is because it is Raph centric and I am being biased. Or it could be because the episodes had very good writers.

Most of the episodes seem to forget the progress each character made and portray the secondary characters as paper tigers. For example; The Pizza face episode has a poorly done scene. It is the Mikey vs Pizzaface scene which is poorly done because Mikey overcomes his brothers and sensei too easily. So Mikey's brothers were portrayed as paper tigers to lessen their strength and capabilities so Mikey can easily defeat them. That is just poor writing.

I am not tired of TMNT yet because season two has some positives to balance the negatives. I still have lots of hope that better episodes are on the way.

Last edited by Werecat; 07-06-2014 at 01:09 AM.
Werecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 01:19 AM   #40
Eiko
Aussie and Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The only thing I hope they do is tone down the mutants in Season 3. I hope this was only a Season 2 thing.
Yes was thinking the same.

Tags
foot clan, kraang, nickelodeon