The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Old 07-13-2021, 10:50 AM   #1
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Nickelodeon All Star Brawl starring TMNT

IGN just announced it (if someone can find a link?) But it's a Smash clone and will have Leo and Mikey among characters from stuff like Hey Arnold, SpongeBob SquarePants and the like.

Oddly enough they are going with the 80s look. Maybe they figured 2012 is too old by now and the sooner we forget about Rise the better.

https://www.ign.com/articles/nickelo...les-smash-bros

Dang... They even got Powdered Toastman in this... Damn...

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/

Last edited by Coola Yagami; 07-13-2021 at 10:58 AM.
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 10:55 AM   #2
oldmanwinters
Overlord

"Starring" or "Featuring" the TMNT?

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 11:01 AM   #3
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post

"Starring" or "Featuring" the TMNT?
I mean... Kinda both, right? Obviously with a title like that you're gonna get the usual Nickelodeon peeps like Hey Arnold and SpongeBob. They also added the Loud House. I'm glad they remembered their roots and added Ren and Stimpy.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 07-13-2021, 10:58 AM   #4
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Oddly enough they are going with the 80s look. Maybe they figured 2012 is too old by now and the sooner we forget about Rise the better.
Yeah I just watched the trailer, 'your favourite Nick characters'.... except with the 80s turtles.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 12:50 PM   #5
oldmanwinters
Overlord

I hope we get at least one TMNT-verse character who is not a Turtle: a classic villain or ally.

Quote:
It is amused to see Nick is now ALL-IN on the classic cartoon stylings of the TMNT, even though that's the one series they don't actually own (so far as I know). I'll be shocked if we don't see a new CGI series or film based on the classic cartoon Turtles in the next three years.

View my sketch work!
Old 07-13-2021, 12:54 PM   #6
CyberCubed
Overlord

They still used the Nick 2012 designs in the Kart Racing games they made recently. Funny how the Rise designs were just swept under the rug though.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 02:29 PM   #7
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I don't want anyone to get their hopes up but this is just a sequel and/or port of the All star brawl mobile games, so yeah it's only going to be the turtles, and it won't be the deepest game play. Just a simple smash clone with a basic roster of the most popular nicktoon characters. It should be alright if that's what you're expecting.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 02:38 PM   #8
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I don't want anyone to get their hopes up but this is just a sequel and/or port of the All star brawl mobile games, so yeah it's only going to be the turtles, and it won't be the deepest game play. Just a simple smash clone with a basic roster of the most popular nicktoon characters. It should be alright if that's what you're expecting.
It does look like it favors consoles, rather than mobile platforms. I didn't see a Steam/PC icon on the supported devices, however.

View my sketch work!
Old 07-13-2021, 06:33 PM   #9
CyberCubed
Overlord

So I guess this is the unofficial sequel to TMNT Smash Up from 2009.
Old 07-13-2021, 06:34 PM   #10
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I'm just surprised how this game started off as a forgettable flash game on Nicks website, kept getting "upates/sequels" until it became a mobile game and now is getting a console version. It has featured even non-nick characters like Power Rangers and Rabbids.

Jingle Brawl
Super Brawl (Super Brawl Summer) (Super Fall Brawl)
Super Brawl 2
Super Brawl 3 (Super Brawl 3: Just got real)
Super Brawl 4
Scary Brawl (spin-off beat em up)
Super Brawl World
Super Brawl Universe

So this is the 9th entry. Wow. I think the only character who has appeared in all games is Sponge Bob.
Old 08-27-2021, 08:32 AM   #11
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Yeah, it's not a tmnt smash game, it's a nick crossover game, id be surprised if we get any more TMNT characters and yeah the turtles are most likely clones with few differences.
And those asking why April is even fighting here we'll you have catdog and Rugrats characters fighting as well so that's a null point.
Old 08-27-2021, 08:37 AM   #12
CyberCubed
Overlord

Raph/Don may not even be in it. Having 5 TMNT characters may be too much for a game like this.

I'm still surprised they went with the classic designs rather than the Nick 2012 designs, since those Turtles are what I think of when I think of the Nick TMNT.
Old 09-08-2021, 03:07 PM   #13
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

That looks really bad.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 10:05 PM   #14
The Deadman
Foot Elite

After seeing the game play, this actually looks pretty good. They took the term Smash clone literal, it seems. Just gotta play good.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 08:15 AM   #15
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Are there voices?

Old 09-09-2021, 11:42 AM   #16
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Are there voices?
In this day and age, it is strange to watch a fighting game with only music and sound effects. You would think the game would be overflowing with voice clips from the Nick archive.

View my sketch work!
Old 09-21-2021, 04:26 PM   #17
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

1987 Turtles are cool, but I am most excited to play as Zim. Its a shame we won't get to hear him screaming though since the game has no voice actors.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 08:45 AM   #18
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
1987 Turtles are cool, but I am most excited to play as Zim. Its a shame we won't get to hear him screaming though since the game has no voice actors.
That's pretty much a deal breaker. So is the game just gonna be full of silly pow! and wham! sounds but no voices? Laaaame.

Old 09-22-2021, 10:16 AM   #19
oldmanwinters
Overlord

The official YouTube upload of yesterday's April video:

EDIT: Official YouTube of Mikey's video (note Krang's android flying the stage background):

View my sketch work!

Last edited by oldmanwinters; 09-22-2021 at 11:42 AM.
Old 09-23-2021, 06:37 PM   #20
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
That's pretty much a deal breaker. So is the game just gonna be full of silly pow! and wham! sounds but no voices? Laaaame.
Honestly, that's the no.1 thing that a sequel to this game needs, if they don't add voice acting via updates. Someone added in voice clips to the trailer and it makes such a difference to the atmosphere of the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
lmfao nintendo announced the last fighter reveal the date this game comes out, it'll kill any hype it hoped to build on release date, They didn't even mention this game on the nintendo direct and even an unaltered Pacman arcade port got a few seconds in the direct. I almost feel bad but it being intentional intentional is just funny.
Between this game with such a diverse and interesting cast, and just another likely anime swordsman reveal, I will choose the former everytime.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 09-23-2021 at 06:53 PM.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote