The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 09-23-2021, 04:57 PM   #1
Iroh
Hench Mutant

3D Printing Projects!

Hello, everyone! I am very pleased to share with you all the projects I have printed this far. I really enjoy watching things I have created or others manifest itself through 3D printing. I am truly grateful that I was able to start my small business in doing what I love. Here are the projects I have printed this far. Enjoy!

Old 09-24-2021, 03:17 PM   #2
Iroh
Hench Mutant

Here is my duplicate print of my samurai mask in translucent green! I love how it turned out this morning.

Old 09-24-2021, 09:22 PM   #3
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Those are really cool, please continue sharing your projects you make, I love finding cool files online to print. I want to learn more into building 3D models and get a good printer so I can make my own Mighty Max sets that I model. It'll probably take me a long time since I don't know where to start, so by the time I get the hang of it 3D printers will be very cheap. I still love finding projects though.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 07:41 PM   #4
Iroh
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Those are really cool, please continue sharing your projects you make, I love finding cool files online to print. I want to learn more into building 3D models and get a good printer so I can make my own Mighty Max sets that I model. It'll probably take me a long time since I don't know where to start, so by the time I get the hang of it 3D printers will be very cheap. I still love finding projects though.
Thank you very much for your comment. I will continue to share the things I print. The cheapest resin printer to get you started is the Elegoo Mars or the Pro version. I am very decent in how it works and how to get the best prints with ZERO mistakes. You don't have to watch a 40 minute long video on YouTube either! It is very easy and fun if you have a passion like I do. My favorite print is the Custom TMNT Weapons. They look wonderful!
Old 10-18-2021, 10:58 PM   #5
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I'm beginning to learn how to use Blender to model in 3D, it's overwhelming as hell though and I can't dedicate too much time to it but I hope I'll eventually be able to model something so that I can print off my own 3D designs in the next few years.
Old 10-21-2021, 07:11 PM   #6
Iroh
Hench Mutant

There is a program called "Monstermash" that can help you get started with the basics. That is how I learned. After that, I was able to transfer all that I knew into blender in order to trace and configure my models into successful sculpts. I made a Slime Pit He-Man and a cartoon accurate power sword for the Mattel Classics He-Man. I have been selling a lot locally to fellow nerds. I also have a store on Ebay as well.
Old 11-04-2021, 10:34 AM   #7
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroh View Post
There is a program called "Monstermash" that can help you get started with the basics. That is how I learned. After that, I was able to transfer all that I knew into blender in order to trace and configure my models into successful sculpts. I made a Slime Pit He-Man and a cartoon accurate power sword for the Mattel Classics He-Man. I have been selling a lot locally to fellow nerds. I also have a store on Ebay as well.
thanks for the advice, yeah it's something i'm interested in and want to dedicate some of my leisure time on it, it isn't a priority so i'll take it easy.
Old 11-05-2021, 06:16 PM   #8
Iroh
Hench Mutant

I totally understand. When you get the hang of it, 3d modeling and printing will take all of your time. It will be very rewarding too! I have been making a bunch of He-Man customs and making LOTS of money either online or at my local comic book shops. I made a slime pit He-Man and a transforming He-Man in translucent colors. People went wild over them!
Old 11-06-2021, 11:59 PM   #9
sdp
Megan Fox = April

That's cool, I want to model Mighty Max figures I think they're perfect for 3D printing since they require no articulation and easy paintjobs.
Old 11-25-2021, 04:07 PM   #10
Iroh
Hench Mutant

I felt like I have found my calling in my 3d printing business. When I was a little boy, I always wanted to customize my action figures. Now, I have the power to do that with digitizing my figures, weapons, and accessories with 3d printing. I know how it is when you lose a part or break a weapon accidently by sheer carelessness as a child. To eliminate that, I have been doing quite well with selling replacement accessories to action figures that I own. Here are my recent projects.

Old 12-07-2021, 08:40 AM   #11
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroh View Post
I felt like I have found my calling in my 3d printing business. When I was a little boy, I always wanted to customize my action figures. Now, I have the power to do that with digitizing my figures, weapons, and accessories with 3d printing. I know how it is when you lose a part or break a weapon accidently by sheer carelessness as a child. To eliminate that, I have been doing quite well with selling replacement accessories to action figures that I own. Here are my recent projects.

https://i.imgur.com/ONG7J6sm.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Ez5K7oQm.jpg
I'm more into 3D printing for doing stuff that is "different", if I want something like the original I'd get the original version not a 3D printed copy. But see through green plastic weapons? That's original and cool, anything that is unique is what makes me love 3D printing of old stuff, make new stuff out of old, instead of making the old stuff but crappier.
Old 12-07-2021, 10:21 PM   #12
Iroh
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I'm more into 3D printing for doing stuff that is "different", if I want something like the original I'd get the original version not a 3D printed copy. But see through green plastic weapons? That's original and cool, anything that is unique is what makes me love 3D printing of old stuff, make new stuff out of old, instead of making the old stuff but crappier.
I am all about doing different things with 3d printing. You can get the original items if you want but most of the time you are paying high amounts of money for used or worn items. I am bringing new items that are customized according to the wants and needs of my customers. Then, I will sell out of my merchandise. This is how I am making new things out of the old. My profits I have made from my projects show that there is no crappiness in my shop.