The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 09-08-2021, 10:18 PM   #801
Leo656
The Franchise

I recently read that in all of video game history only one person ever suffered a severe seizure from playing games, many many years ago, and it was after like a day-long binge or something. Based on that one incident all games made after that point had to have a "seizure warning" even though it only happened the one time and never, ever again. I know from other media, like the Pokemon cartoon incident (itself a pretty minor and isolated incident which was blown WAY out of proportion) but never again from video games. At least according to the stuff I read.

BUT, in any case, the person who made the social media post about this game was just being a cheeky bastard and if anyone can't see that, their sense of comprehension is absolutely f*cked.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 11:28 PM   #802
Powder
So tired of this place

A Sonic game that kills off its own fandom? Seems like a fitting end. When do we get ours?

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 11:07 AM   #803
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
A Sonic game that kills off its own fandom? Seems like a fitting end. When do we get ours?

I actually bought Sonic Colors Ultimate for Switch (with the keychain, haha) on a whim yesterday at Wal-Mart just because the retail price ($33.88 ) was so bizarre I thought it had to be a mistake. But it looks like that's the price at multiple retailers this week!

I DO trust Sega will release a lot of patches for the game (when all is said and done, the "update data" will probably be larger in file size than the original game's file). Apparently, it's available on three different versions of Playstation and four types of Xbox consoles in a variety of resolutions and framerates:
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...te-tech-review

I am disappointed they couldn't get a Wii-era remaster running at close to 60fps on the Switch. Seems like it probably should be capable of that.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!

Last edited by oldmanwinters; 09-09-2021 at 01:54 PM.
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 02:02 AM   #804
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post

I actually bought Sonic Colors Ultimate for Switch (with the keychain, haha) on a whim yesterday at Wal-Mart just because the retail price ($33.88 ) was so bizarre I thought it had to be a mistake. But it looks like that's the price at multiple retailers this week!

I DO trust Sega will release a lot of patches for the game (when all is said and done, the "update data" will probably be larger in file size than the original game's file). Apparently, it's available on three different versions of Playstation and four types of Xbox consoles in a variety of resolutions and framerates:
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...te-tech-review

I am disappointed they couldn't get a Wii-era remaster running at close to 60fps on the Switch. Seems like it probably should be capable of that.
You know at first I thought the keychain looked ugly but once you buy the game with it, it's actually kinda cute.

The game really just needed an HD upgrade rather than a remaster. It likely could've ran 60 if they had chosen that route.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 02:39 PM   #805
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

So, it appears that the developers have since patched up the seizure-inducing glitch.

This shouldn't have been an issue in the first place. But alas, Sega's incompetence rears its head.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 06:07 PM   #806
Leo656
The Franchise

Nobody got a seizure you goddamn tumor. JESUS, what is wrong with you?

Old 09-15-2021, 09:24 PM   #807
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
So, it appears that the developers have since patched up the seizure-inducing glitch.

This shouldn't have been an issue in the first place. But alas, Sega's incompetence rears its head.
By this logic, all video game developers are incompetent because all video games are capable of causing a person to have a seizure.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 07:00 AM   #808
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

I play video games since 1994 and never had a seizure, And dont know anyone who had seizure during games. I wonder when they willl show us gameplay of the next sonic game and announce release date too.
Old 10-11-2021, 08:32 AM   #809
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
I play video games since 1994 and never had a seizure, And dont know anyone who had seizure during games. I wonder when they willl show us gameplay of the next sonic game and announce release date too.
Same here, but better to be safe than sorry, right? Some people are more sensitive to light. It's why in programming (in Japan) in their anime shows (especially the ones aimed at kids), they have a disclaimer saying that you should be in a bright room when watching television and to not sit too close to it. They do the same with video games over there too. As for an international audience, not sure.

Getting down to it, going with something older, the only thing I can think of that had seizure warnings for its product was the Virtua Boy. lol
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 11:44 AM   #810
The Deadman
Foot Elite

They have the same disclaimer in the States where you should play in a well lit room and to not sit too close to the television. But weirdos are gonna weirdo and accuse Sega of putting seizure inducing glitches in their game intentionally.

Old 10-12-2021, 08:04 PM   #811
Leo656
The Franchise

I read up about it a while ago and there's apparently only evidence of one recorded seizure incident in video game history. And the person who suffered it had basically been playing like a day-long marathon without any breaks so there were mitigating factors there. But yeah, apparently all of the warnings and "Take frequent breaks" notifications in every manual and start-up screen are all because of a bad thing that happened exactly Once.

Pretty wacky. And there are more instances of seizures happening as a result of certain cartoons, but even then it is EXTREMELY rare.

Old 10-19-2021, 07:07 PM   #812
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

I guess SEGA is trying to appeal to all the weebs now.

I figured that they would do something like this.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 12:15 PM   #813
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Sonic 2022 May Be Called Sonic Frontiers
https://www.ign.com/articles/sonic-f...-world-rangers

Old 11-10-2021, 11:14 AM   #814
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
Sonic 2022 May Be Called Sonic Frontiers
https://www.ign.com/articles/sonic-f...-world-rangers
You know, I kinda like the sound of "Sonic Rangers"... although I can't help but think that name has already been taken by... somebody.

View my sketch work!
Old 12-28-2021, 06:04 PM   #815
The Deadman
Foot Elite

LEGO Sonic The Hedgehog Green Hill Zone Set Available On New Year's Day
https://www.gameinformer.com/2021/12...-new-years-day

Old 07-20-2022, 07:32 AM   #816
NeonTurtledude
Hench Mutant

Sonic Frontiers, I like the story they have planned for it, but those levels...give me mixed thoughts.

I've loved Sonic since I was a kid, I've only played a few of the games (Generatons,one of the Mario Olympic game spin offs, dash on the iPad and classic collection on the ds) but I have fond memories of playing Sonic Ultimate Flash on the family computer and then my old laptop.

I'd like to play the adventure games someday, I've heard good things, I love the art and music from those games.
NeonTurtledude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 12:04 PM   #817
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Sonic fan here since I was ten years old.

My first exposure to it was through Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, which my brother played on his GameCube. I watched him and he’d let me borrow it mainly to play with the Chao in the Chao garden. Funny story: it took him an eternity to beat the last boss Finalhazard, and later on I beat it on my first try. My bro was peeved.

I then started collecting the Archie comics, and from #116 to #290, including the Sonic Universe series, I had nearly every issue. Even though I’m selling those comics right now, I’m holding onto #288-290 because those three are worth a TON of money right now, holy crap.
Old 07-20-2022, 08:38 PM   #818
Turo602
The King of Kings

I'm surprised nobody has been talking about Sonic Frontiers here. So far, I like what I've seen and I think I'm gonna remain foolishly optimistic on this one because it's finally deviating away from the boost formula.

Sonic is still fast but apparently you can tweak his speed to your liking this time around and they're actually attempting to make combat deeper than just homing attacks, which I don't know how I feel about yet but might be one of those things you enjoy more while playing as opposed to seeing it in action since it's not exactly the flashiest combat.

I'm actually a little concerned that what we've seen is all there really is to see though in terms of environments like Halo: Infinite. But they did manage to include traditional levels despite the focus being on these new "open zones" which is a nice surprise.

I honestly don't hate the idea of free running as Sonic and interacting with various points of interests scattered around the map like obstacles, puzzles, and other side activities. It's something new, but could also end up being nothing more than a shallow attempt at revitalizing Sonic by following the trend of open-world games if they're not serious about striving for critical success.

But most people do seem to agree that the game looks much better now than the initial IGN reveals which I still don't know how anyone thought that footage was anywhere near adequate enough to show off the game with. That's why I hate when devs do those long drawn out demos instead of cutting a good 2-3 minute trailer that gets everything across without boring you with minute details you can discover for yourself when you play the game.
Old 07-31-2022, 04:40 AM   #819
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

I cant wait for Sonic frontiers and i hope that sega will start releasing sonic games again each year like they did in the past. The game rated in Korea which means a release date annoucment is coming soon!

https://www.thegamer.com/sonic-front...-release-date/

Day one for pc on Steam! I also have watched all sonic series since i was a kide until now and read all the sonic comics each month(which is currently the IDW comics at issue 51 that released 4 days ago , and have watched the 2 movies.
Here see all the gameplay traiers of sonic frontiers until now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxJ5_ovBC_g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUPK9RTtXFM

BUT! There are must be some missions with Eggman too. It only was in Sonic adventure 2. Or another game with Eggman as the protagonsit and sonic enemy like it happend with Shadow the hedgehog.
Old 07-31-2022, 06:03 PM   #820
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Fugitoid. View Post
That's the same story with the warning on the Mcdonalds coffee cups. A person carelessly spills hot coffee on themselves, and somehow Mcdonalds was responsible.
I heard it was of an issue with the server spilling the drink on the lady and the cup top not being secure. Probably more complicated than the commonly repeated short version.

View my sketch work!

Tags
paperbrookneedsfreshair, sega, sonic