The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 10-27-2018, 08:28 AM   #101
Allio
Foot Elite

So apparently Nintendo renewed trademark for
Spoiler:
banjo-kazooie.

Would explain the lack of microsoft on the box they released. Could be also related to the Classic N64. Then again what best way to promote the Classic N64 then to use Smash as a sort of release line up.
Old 10-27-2018, 10:26 AM   #102
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
So apparently Nintendo renewed trademark for
Spoiler:
banjo-kazooie.

Would explain the lack of microsoft on the box they released. Could be also related to the Classic N64. Then again what best way to promote the Classic N64 then to use Smash as a sort of release line up.
Why would they register a trademark for an IP they don't own? Wouldn't that be a conflict of interest?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 11:40 AM   #103
CyberCubed
Overlord

The IP is still owned by Rare/Microsoft, it just says they're the original owner.

In any case if the N64 classic is real, it is possible they're doing this so Banjo-Kazooie and other Rare games can appear on an N64 classic. Microsoft and Phil Spencer seem to be playing ball. I guess we'll see if this is true or not.

Personally I still have my doubts, but then again crazier things that I thought would never happen in a million years became true in the past. So who knows.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 04:25 PM   #104
sdp
Megan Fox = April

FAKE NEWS, nintendo didn't register anything, it's just clickbait from people who don't understand trademark filings and the reason nintendo's name is there. Microsoft has always had a good relationship with Nintendo, GBA, DS, 3DS, Wii U, Switch all had games by Microsoft in one way or another.

We can start making DLC wish lists now that the grinch leaked smash Dixie can go there. Likely a Gen 8 Pokemon, the few missing legacy stages not on Ultimate and....who cares the roster is banging, i'd rather have no DLC.

Every insider says the leak is fake so the odds are against them i'm #teamreal just because the memes are too fun, they would've had to go through a hell of a lot of effort for it to be fake, insiders have been wrong before, we'll see. Imagine the meltdowns if Incineroar & Ken are the only two characters left like many insiders are saying lol

Last edited by sdp; 10-27-2018 at 04:36 PM.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 04:38 PM   #105
CyberCubed
Overlord

DLC is usually reserved for new characters who weren't around when Sakurai finalized the roster back in 2015, like the Xenoblade 2 heroes, ARMS, Gen 8 Pokemon, or new big third party characters. I feel like we can already predict who the DLC will be because none of the characters from the Switch era are in Smash yet.

Again it depends if the leak is real or not. I still have my doubts. The game comes out December 7th and that means we literally have 1 month left to debut all the rest of the newcomers. I find it hard to believe we're getting 5+ newcomer trailers in the span of a month, the pacing just doesn't make sense.
Old 10-27-2018, 08:07 PM   #106
Allio
Foot Elite

My impossible wish will be forever be:

Agumon
Metabee
Amaterasu
Pyramid head
Sachiko
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 10:34 PM   #107
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
Sachiko

Old 10-27-2018, 11:29 PM   #108
Allio
Foot Elite

Sorry, Sachiko from Corpse Party. Could even have Heavenly Host as a stage and stuff
Old 10-30-2018, 02:43 PM   #109
CyberCubed
Overlord

Whelp, multiple insiders on ResetEra and other sites are saying the banner leak is fake, although some of the character on it did make it. It's also missing characters (one probably being Incineroar who they all say is in), and maybe one or two others. I figured Banjo was nothing but a pipedream.

The direct is on Nov. 1st, so we'll know the truth in 2 days. The backlash if some characters don't make it will be something though.
Old 10-30-2018, 03:35 PM   #110
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Whelp, multiple insiders on ResetEra and other sites are saying the banner leak is fake, although some of the character on it did make it. It's also missing characters (one probably being Incineroar who they all say is in), and maybe one or two others. I figured Banjo was nothing but a pipedream.

The direct is on Nov. 1st, so we'll know the truth in 2 days. The backlash if some characters don't make it will be something though.
From what I have been hearing if this is fake someone needs a new life with how elaborate it is.

The source of leak apparently came from one of the marketing companies former employees.
I am 99% sure the leak is %100 real. As you said we will know in a couple days.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 05:27 PM   #111
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
someone needs a new life
Sounds like 99% of the users on Smash Faqs.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 12:19 PM   #112
CyberCubed
Overlord

Tomorrow is the final Smash direct, 10amEST. The final characters on the base roster will be revealed. Besides Incineroar and Ken I wonder who made the final cut.
Old 10-31-2018, 12:27 PM   #113
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Tomorrow is the final Smash direct, 10amEST. The final characters on the base roster will be revealed. Besides Incineroar and Ken I wonder who made the final cut.
Even if it was just them two for the base roster, I would be very satisfied.

Not to mention that we're finally gonna know what that hidden mode is all about.

Its gonna be 3 am where I am when the direct goes live, I'll be waiting eagerly for it.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 02:56 PM   #114
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Captain N or bust

Also:

Insiders are acting like cocky and douche bags about it so the leak has to be fake, they wound't be this arrogant unless they knew for sure, a shame, it would've been great to see them be completely wrong again like they were with the Switch reveal.
Old 11-01-2018, 07:57 AM   #115
Allio
Foot Elite

Final minutes. Grinch leak real or fake it doesn’t matter, I have come to terms a digimon will never appear

Edit: not gonna lie, Ken and Incenaroar are kind of disappointing I guess since everyone was saying them. I mean not even Shadow an easy echo. Guess I was expecting someone to blow me away.

Though not gonna deny, the free dlc almost makes up for it. It’s almost so absurd I can’t help but love it.

Last edited by Allio; 11-01-2018 at 08:57 AM.
Old 11-01-2018, 09:02 AM   #116
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I was happy with the roster before this final reveal, I was ready for the leak to be fake, I was ready for incineroar, but I wasn't ready for JUST incineroar, so yeah I'm underwhelmed.
Old 11-01-2018, 10:38 AM   #117
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Time for me to eat crow

I am so freaking disappointed that Shadow is not playable....
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 10:43 AM   #118
Turo602
The King of Kings

While I'm satisfied with the roster as is, it's disappointing the leak wasn't real. Though, I think I'm even more disappointed at the lack of trophies. I always enjoyed unlocking them and seeing the amount grow. Can't imagine who the 5 DLC characters will be though. Glad we'll be getting more.
Old 11-01-2018, 10:57 AM   #119
sdp
Megan Fox = April

the tears are just now drying up leaving a salty trail, no adventure/subspace type single player, no trophies, incineroar being the last reveal, Piranha plant being a character before waluigi/captoad, no mach rider, no banjo, no shantae, no geno, no shadow, 5 characters as DLC and they already hinted the xenodweeb 2 character is likely, we'll get arms character as the other and we'll get bad choices for dlc Oh wait there's dlc, the rollercoaster continues !
Old 11-01-2018, 11:39 AM   #120
Allio
Foot Elite

You know this means box theory was right