The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 05-01-2014, 10:11 AM   #81
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
Not true. Their premiere hasn't been confirmed at all.
It is true

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=46681

And season 3 will start in november or december this mean that we will not see them in the show for about 5 or 6 months
Old 05-01-2014, 10:26 AM   #82
Chaotix12345
Stone Warrior

Stan Sakai confirmed that was false, though.
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:54 AM   #83
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
It is true

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=46681

And season 3 will start in november or december this mean that we will not see them in the show for about 5 or 6 months
Except that report wasn't true. Even if it was true, that report from a fan site wouldn't be confirmation.

Plus Sakai refuted the Usagi part which killed the credibility of the report.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 11:10 AM   #84
rickwj324
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogod View Post
These are quite different from what I saw at Toy Fair. Aside from the poses (at TF they were straight-on), Rocksteady now has his tank top and his armour's been tweaked in both design and colour. Bebop's undergone a pretty huge change - he's much skinner (whereas the render I saw had him around the same size as RS), his mohawk & teeth are more prominent, and he's got a totally different outfit, rather than the classic black pants/red vest. They've also lost their tribal markings.

So it looks like either their designs have been changed, and I don't dig them at all.
Wow.. if these look quite different from the toy designs you saw, then perhaps these are older designs and won't be what's used in the show after all? I can't imagine they'll release the toys and have them look nothing like what they do in the show?!
That skinny Bebop looks horrible. That body couldn't even support that head. Hopefully we'll see something closer to what you saw at that toy fair.

Rick
rickwj324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:01 PM   #85
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist

Please be destructive boobs who can level an entire block.
Old 05-01-2014, 01:37 PM   #86
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
Except that report wasn't true. Even if it was true, that report from a fan site wouldn't be confirmation.

Plus Sakai refuted the Usagi part which killed the credibility of the report.
Hmm... then this means that they might appear on season 2 and not in season 3? He said that the report of usagi was not true he didnt say that bebop and rocksteady will appear in season 2 did he?
Old 05-01-2014, 01:39 PM   #87
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Not bad! Rocksteady in particular looks great - big and menacing, a slight and effective redesign while being instantly recognizable. I really like Bebop's head/face, but I agree with others that he's way too skinny. The Tron lines seem a bit odd, but we'll see what the reasoning is behind them. Overall I'd prefer something closer to the original version, though he's still recognizable so that's not bad at all.
Old 05-01-2014, 03:41 PM   #88
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Playmates took Bebop and Rocksteady off their Character Bio page. I guess they were put there by accident. I thought it was weird that they were on there so soon.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 05:01 PM   #89
TheCollector
Hench Mutant

I'm loving the designs, and I'm also loving the comeback Bebop and Rocksteady are having lately, first appearing in IDW and now Nick.
Old 05-01-2014, 05:06 PM   #90
Wildcat
Foot Elite

They look great. Bebop just needs a little muscle. Doesn't have to be as bulky as Rocksteady. I hope they do appear and I think they probably will.

Were there toy concepts? Ive never seen any and can't find any.
Old 05-01-2014, 05:54 PM   #91
CyberCubed
Overlord

Since playmates put these designs on their site and then took them down when Nick caught wind of it, its safe to say these are likely the designs they use.

Still don't care for skinny Bebop. How's he doing to fight?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 06:24 PM   #92
Coola Yagami
Overlord

By being fast and able to pull off awesome kicks... oh wait....

Now that you mention it... they really did avoid all of the 'black stereotypes' with Bebop in the old series. He never spoke jive or did anything 'stereotypicaly' black. Other than the 'big dumb musclehead' manner of speaking that would apply to anybody that's more muscle than brains in cartoons (cause c'mon, who actually really speaks using 'duuuuuh' in real life unless it's joking around or making fun of someone) they didn't force in any tacked on 'yo' 'sup' and 'that's whack!' or whatever was used in the 80's.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 06:30 PM   #93
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazi View Post
Except for one thing: Why does Bebop wears a "bra"?
Maybe Bebop is a girl in this version?
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
He said that the report of usagi was not true he didnt say that bebop and rocksteady will appear in season 2 did he?
No, but I highly doubt Stan Sakai has insider knowledge of the Nick cartoon.

Last edited by Xav; 05-01-2014 at 06:53 PM.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 06:52 PM   #94
TheCollector
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
Maybe Bebop is a girl in this version?
It's not actually a bra like thing, if you look closely, it's an X over his chest, with the spaces between the x parts empty.
Old 05-01-2014, 06:59 PM   #95
n-zero
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
No, but I highly doubt Stan Sakai has insider knowledge of the Nick cartoon.
But he does own Usagi, so they would have to go through Sakai to get the rights to use him.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:53 PM   #96
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Now that you mention it... they really did avoid all of the 'black stereotypes' with Bebop in the old series. He never spoke jive or did anything 'stereotypicaly' black. Other than the 'big dumb musclehead' manner of speaking that would apply to anybody that's more muscle than brains in cartoons (cause c'mon, who actually really speaks using 'duuuuuh' in real life unless it's joking around or making fun of someone) they didn't force in any tacked on 'yo' 'sup' and 'that's whack!' or whatever was used in the 80's.
Well maybe Nick's Bebop will start saying things like, "Hey dawg, what's happenin' homie?" or "Dat's phat, Rocksteady you and me R homies 4 lyfe!"

And Rocksteady will be like, "Bebop you a'right, you are a true bruddah's from another mother!"
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 07:56 PM   #97
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Well maybe Nick's Bebop will start saying things like, "Hey dawg, what's happenin' homie?" or "Dat's phat, Rocksteady you and me R homies 4 lyfe!"

And Rocksteady will be like, "Bebop you a'right, you are a true bruddah's from another mother!"
.... You can't be serious.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 08:01 PM   #98
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:

Lol wtf? Lmaooo
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 08:35 PM   #99
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Please let Bebop be a black man. I hope to god he's not white.
I'm cool with this, but as a point of conversation, how do you feel about the Human Torch being a black man in the new FF movie?

Rocksteady looks fly, Bebop looks pretty awful. If that's the way he's presented in the show I'd call it epic fail #2 after Slash's microhead.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 11:39 PM   #100
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Rocksteady and Bebop's designs look alright. But I still prefer their original designs. Shame that they are going to be idiots again, if their descriptions are true.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bebop, nick, rocksteady