The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2014, 08:58 AM   #1
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 35,704
Jason Biggs recast as Leonardo. Seth Green to replace him

So for those who watched the Pizzaface episode knows that Leonardo has been recasted for the episode. What we don't know if this is only a one-episode thing or if this is a permanent replacement.

The original cartoon series sometimes replaced Donatello or Shredder for an episode with a different VA when their actors were too busy in real life. But I can't think of any modern cartoon that replaces a VA just for one episode, its usually a permanent replacement.

Keep in mind voice work for shows are usually recorded months in advance. Today's episode was probably recorded back in January. So this could have been a long time coming as a reaction to Jason Biggs controversial comments months ago, (as the episodes he already recorded would have been done while that was going on). Discuss.

Last edited by Jester; 06-20-2014 at 12:14 AM.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 09:06 AM   #2
rickwj324
Mad Scientist
 
rickwj324's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So for those who watched the Pizzaface episode knows that Leonardo has been recasted for the episode. What we don't know if this is only a one-episode thing or if this is a permanent replacement.

The original cartoon series sometimes replaced Donatello or Shredder for an episode with a different VA when their actors were too busy in real life. But I can't think of any modern cartoon that replaces a VA just for one episode, its usually a permanent replacement.

Keep in mind voice work for shows are usually recorded months in advance. Today's episode was probably recorded back in January. So this could have been a long time coming as a reaction to Jason Biggs controversial comments months ago, (as the episodes he already recorded would have been done while that was going on). Discuss.
What "controversial comments" did JB make? I hadn't heard anything about that.

I haven't seen this episode yet. How did the substitute actor sound?
rickwj324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 09:08 AM   #3
kelligrafie
Stone Warrior
 
kelligrafie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Huddersfield, UK
Posts: 840
As I said on tumblr, maybe they recorded that episode during his wife's pregnancy and he had to be there for an appointment.

It was one of the episodes they showed a clip of at a comic con, as was the Manhattan clip of Splinter of Shredder. Which I find odd, seeing as both episodes have screened mid season, you'd have thought they would've shown an earlier episode for a preview. I don't know if that indicates when they did actual voice recording though.

I don't think Dominic Catrambone (the 'new' guy) sounded that bad. He did one of the games too, which featured pretty much everyone else from the current cast.
__________________
"You don't see (Shredder) calling Rahzar 'Chris'." victory_angel
"When it's not what I'd like it to be, I still enjoy it." ElectricN
kelligrafie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 09:11 AM   #4
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickwj324 View Post
What "controversial comments" did JB make? I hadn't heard anything about that.

I haven't seen this episode yet. How did the substitute actor sound?
He said some crap online, and we spectualated that he was fired. I didn't think that happend but maybe it did. It is possible that he couldn't show up for the recording session and they just had a fill-in.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 09:11 AM   #5
Sewer Sirens Podcast
Hench Mutant
 
Sewer Sirens Podcast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: America
Posts: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickwj324 View Post
What "controversial comments" did JB make? I hadn't heard anything about that.

I haven't seen this episode yet. How did the substitute actor sound?
It was back in 2012 I believe. So awhile ago.

And, personally, I thought his overall performance was pretty good. It just sounded like Jason Biggs had a cold or something, just a little off to me.
__________________
Grady
Sewer Sirens Podcast

SewerSirensPodcast@hotmail.com

Check us out on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...725309366?mt=2

Follow us on Twitter: @SewerSirens https://twitter.com/sewersirens

Here's our site: http://www.podomatic.com/profile/sewersirenspodcast

Here's our blog: http://sewersirens.blogspot.com
Sewer Sirens Podcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 09:14 AM   #6
kelligrafie
Stone Warrior
 
kelligrafie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Huddersfield, UK
Posts: 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
He said some crap online, and we spectualated that he was fired. I didn't think that happend but maybe it did. It is possible that he couldn't show up for the recording session and they just had a fill-in.
I think as well there were some photos circulating of the cast recording in the studio and Jason wasn't in any of them. That's happened a couple of times. Put the wind up a few fangirls.
__________________
"You don't see (Shredder) calling Rahzar 'Chris'." victory_angel
"When it's not what I'd like it to be, I still enjoy it." ElectricN
kelligrafie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 09:19 AM   #7
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelligrafie View Post
I think as well there were some photos circulating of the cast recording in the studio and Jason wasn't in any of them. That's happened a couple of times. Put the wind up a few fangirls.
Pretty sure that was over instagram when Cipes put a video up of the studio.


I can't remember it happening more then once though.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 09:38 AM   #8
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 35,704
Funny how Leo only had like 5 lines in the Pizzaface episode. Good thing he wasn't recasted in an ep he had a major role in.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 09:40 AM   #9
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,935
I'll be really disappointed if they recast Biggs due to the whole twitter incident. That shouldn't be something that's held over his head because of an oversight on the Nick Promotional team. Anyone with two brain-cells to rub together knew that Biggs' personal Twitter Feed wasn't meant for children, and it was really crap planning on Nick's part to link to it.

Having said that, Biggs often "phoned in" his recording sessions, as he lives in New York and Nick Studios is in California. That they've actually used someone else's voice is far more damning than him not being in studio pictures.

If it's true that he has been fully recast, that'll be one more nail in the coffin for this show for me.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 09:40 AM   #10
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 35,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post

If it's true that he has been fully recast, that'll be one more nail in the coffin for this show for me.
And what were the other nails in the coffin?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 10:02 AM   #11
blue_angel99
Hench Mutant
 
blue_angel99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 382
Jason's a busy guy with his acting but he's also controversial. He just did a video which was produced by PETA, begins with Biggs cheerfully saying, “When I have kids I can’t wait to take them to SeaWorld,” followed by him muttering, “maybe they’ll get lucky and see one of the trainers get their legs ripped off.”
__________________

Last edited by blue_angel99; 05-18-2014 at 10:07 AM.
blue_angel99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 10:03 AM   #12
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_angel99 View Post
Jason's a busy and controversial guy besides his acting. He just did a video which was produced by PETA, begins with Biggs cheerfully saying, “When I have kids I can’t wait to take them to SeaWorld,” followed by him muttering, “maybe they’ll get lucky and see one of the trainers get their legs ripped off.”
I-Is he a PETA supporter
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 10:08 AM   #13
DarkLightDragon
Mad Scientist
 
DarkLightDragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,026
Or he just did it for a paycheck.
DarkLightDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 10:12 AM   #14
blue_angel99
Hench Mutant
 
blue_angel99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
I-Is he a PETA supporter
Not sure, but he is definitely not a fan of SeaWorld. He gets pretty explicit and says about SeaWorld:

Spoiler:
“Nothing gets me in the mood more than watching a giant, over-m### whale swim around in a tiny bathtub.”
__________________
blue_angel99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 10:16 AM   #15
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_angel99 View Post
Not sure, but he is definitely not a fan of SeaWorld. He gets pretty explicit and says about SeaWorld:

Spoiler:
“Nothing gets me in the mood more than watching a giant, over-masturbated whale swim around in a tiny bathtub.”
He probably said it for money. I'm sure PETA tosses around a lot of money just to get anyone to support them.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 10:17 AM   #16
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 12,041
Also note that you never see Jason Biggs with the rest of the cast, when there at a Con like Comic Con and such.

Is he really that busy that, he can't find a time to join the rest of his cast mates for an appearance at a comic book convention?
__________________
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 10:18 AM   #17
fridaynightdestination
Banned
 
fridaynightdestination's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Michigan
Posts: 553
fridaynightdestination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 10:20 AM   #18
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
And what were the other nails in the coffin?
Your mileage may vary, but I'm not really happy with the direction the show has taken this season. I find the episodes to be inconsistent both story-wise and in terms of characterization. Established characters are left underutilized and undeveloped in favor of introducing new ones. Which I'm sure is great for toy sales, but doesn't make for compelling entertainment.

This cartoon was so solid, and now it's less so.
It's disheartening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Also note that you never see Jason Biggs with the rest of the cast, when there at a Con like Comic Con and such.

Is he really that busy that, he can't find a time to join the rest of his cast mates for an appearance at a comic book convention?
This isn't entirely true. Sure he doesn't go to as many cons, but he's appeared at the last to SDCCs for signings and panels.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 10:23 AM   #19
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 12,041
Here's the video he shot dissing SeaWorld.

__________________
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 10:25 AM   #20
blue_angel99
Hench Mutant
 
blue_angel99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
He probably said it for money. I'm sure PETA tosses around a lot of money just to get anyone to support them.
His hatred of SeaWorld seems pretty sincere.
__________________
blue_angel99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
jason biggs, leonardo, seth green

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.