The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you support student loan forgiveness by the Federal government?
Yes, I do. 9 40.91%
No, I don't. 12 54.55%
I don't understand enough about the issue to say, really. 1 4.55%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-25-2022, 10:52 AM   #41
robertfiduciary
Foot Soldier

"To those Republicans in Congress who believe student debt shouldn’t be forgiven:

"I will never apologize for helping America’s middle class – especially not to the same folks who voted for a $2 trillion tax cut for the wealthy and giant corporations that racked up the deficit."

- (Actual) President Joe Biden

Y'all can keep on with your little Confederacy LARP game (I like to assume that's what you're doing here. It makes me feel better about humanity), and believing President Biden is some Manchurian Candidate (weird that there's never proof to the claim, though. Real "Obama was born in Kenya" energy), or that the last election was "stolen" (how many court cases were there? Like, sixty?).

You can claim "treason," which... wow. I can claim you need a dictionary, and a copy of the Constitution. We can all claim things. It's fun!

You can claim whatever you want about President Biden. He and Vice-President Harris have not been perfect. Far from it. I've had issues with several of their decisions over the last couple of years, and I'm sure I'll have issues with matters in the future.

But I will give him credit where credit is due. He's putting the work in. Doing what is and will continue to help the working, middle-class people of this country.

And if you disagree with him (and/or me), that's cool. I mean, if you think "Louder than Crowder" is a reputable source, it's fine.

I personally think he's the reanimated corpse of Rush Limbaugh's dead sperm, and that his readers/listeners/followers are Grade-A suckers, but again!

So what.

Another election is right around the corner.

And that will be what ultimately matters.
robertfiduciary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 11:05 AM   #42
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
This "all or nothing" bullsh*t started when it was collectively decided without conversation that if you weren't all-in on Obama then you were a racist neo-Nazi. That's where it started, and it's just gotten worse ever since. So yeah, Thanks Obama.
Imagine if Candace Owens or Larry Elder or Ben Carson won the Presidency, and the Far-Left denounced every single thing they did, good or bad, and even called them racial slurs. We could use their own logic against them and accuse them of being racists for not completely supporting our new black President, but guess what?

They don’t give a sh**. The only standards they have are double standards. That’s why they sent a white girl in a gorilla mask to throw eggs at Elder during the California recall election.

Last edited by Cowabung-Gal; 08-25-2022 at 11:12 AM.
Cowabung-Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 11:22 AM   #43
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertfiduciary View Post
"To those Republicans in Congress who believe student debt shouldn’t be forgiven:

"I will never apologize for helping America’s middle class – especially not to the same folks who voted for a $2 trillion tax cut for the wealthy and giant corporations that racked up the deficit."

- (Actual) President Joe Biden

Y'all can keep on with your little Confederacy LARP game (I like to assume that's what you're doing here. It makes me feel better about humanity), and believing President Biden is some Manchurian Candidate (weird that there's never proof to the claim, though. Real "Obama was born in Kenya" energy), or that the last election was "stolen" (how many court cases were there? Like, sixty?).

You can claim "treason," which... wow. I can claim you need a dictionary, and a copy of the Constitution. We can all claim things. It's fun!

You can claim whatever you want about President Biden. He and Vice-President Harris have not been perfect. Far from it. I've had issues with several of their decisions over the last couple of years, and I'm sure I'll have issues with matters in the future.

But I will give him credit where credit is due. He's putting the work in. Doing what is and will continue to help the working, middle-class people of this country.

And if you disagree with him (and/or me), that's cool. I mean, if you think "Louder than Crowder" is a reputable source, it's fine.

I personally think he's the reanimated corpse of Rush Limbaugh's dead sperm, and that his readers/listeners/followers are Grade-A suckers, but again!

So what.

Another election is right around the corner.

And that will be what ultimately matters.

Confederacy? Fvck you dude. Democrats are the party of the confederacy & slavery. No poor person is going to benefit AT FVCKING ALL from this.

Crowder uses YOUR idiot MSM morons to fact check those same morons.... All (or d@mn near all) sources are LIBERAL sources.... but you're, again, an educated idiot & can't be bothered to actually look at those sources because they would 100% prove you full of sh!t. Obviously. Biden is a puppet & Harris is a wh0re. Both are quite useless.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 01:26 PM   #44
IMJ
Emperor

I really want to know what the "big stand" using twisted words and skewed perception and facts does for a guy like RobertFidouchebag here. Like... what evil is he deeply fighting with his nonsense?

And other wokesters like him? Drawing these deep lines in the sand as if they are the catalyst of "hope and change" on Planet Earth and throughout history or something.

All with the perceptual madness of a raving lunatic. That's the left. That's "RobertFiduciary". That's all of them. Just the life-lost getting a dopamine hit from "fighting -perceived- evil". What a life - to be walking around with all of these opinions fueled purely by the adrenaline rush of having a forum to dictate political edicts to. But having nothing outside of perception and some googling for skewed "data".

Another wandering idiot. Goes around spouting nonsense anywhere it can be done. And the brain-chemicals reinforce to him that he's not only "correct", but that - HEY! He fought some evil and oppression and the racists and the misogynists today! Good job, douchbag. How's real life treating you, btw?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
Obviously. Biden is a puppet & Harris is a wh0re. Both are quite useless.
Sometimes I can't get onboard with the depth of some of your position, but Yes. Biden is absolutely a puppet President. Literally no question about it.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 03:16 PM   #45
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
I really want to know what the "big stand" using twisted words and skewed perception and facts does for a guy like RobertFidouchebag here. Like... what evil is he deeply fighting with his nonsense?

And other wokesters like him? Drawing these deep lines in the sand as if they are the catalyst of "hope and change" on Planet Earth and throughout history or something.

All with the perceptual madness of a raving lunatic. That's the left. That's "RobertFiduciary". That's all of them. Just the life-lost getting a dopamine hit from "fighting -perceived- evil". What a life - to be walking around with all of these opinions fueled purely by the adrenaline rush of having a forum to dictate political edicts to. But having nothing outside of perception and some googling for skewed "data".

Another wandering idiot. Goes around spouting nonsense anywhere it can be done. And the brain-chemicals reinforce to him that he's not only "correct", but that - HEY! He fought some evil and oppression and the racists and the misogynists today! Good job, douchbag. How's real life treating you, btw?

Sometimes I can't get onboard with the depth of some of your position, but Yes. Biden is absolutely a puppet President. Literally no question about it.
Some of it? Once you realize that all the Government does is bullsh!t & lies and then tax us to death... all of the rest of it will make sense. Free your mind.
Old 08-25-2022, 05:31 PM   #46
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Some of it? Once you realize that all the Government does is bullsh!t & lies and then tax us to death... all of the rest of it will make sense. Free your mind.
When you have an MPA and spent some time working in actual government and public service; and you can rationalize this claim after a deep understanding of government process, compartmentalization and the functionality of the Federalist systems spanning locality to Federal levels; then I will be willing to free my mind to some of your points of view there.

Until then though, I'm more worried about the blanket-analysis that make me wonder if you have a cabin in the woods as a place to build bombs. But as long as you are an LCS employee who pencil-whips opinion-facts on the Technodrome forums, I'm hard pressed to support your POV during any of your more manic moments about the system. But you definitely have my open mindedness and support on those occasions where you've had a reasonable or well justified observation. You can be a bit deep in the "government paranoia" pool, but you have your moments of lucidity too.

I'd rather take a "down to the root government-paranoid self-thinker" than a woke $#!( supporter flinging stigmatizing labels to argue with their made-up-enemy as a way to feel better about themselves and their $#!( lives.
Old 08-25-2022, 05:50 PM   #47
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
When you have an MPA and spent some time working in actual government and public service; and you can rationalize this claim after a deep understanding of government process, compartmentalization and the functionality of the Federalist systems spanning locality to Federal levels; then I will be willing to free my mind to some of your points of view there.

Until then though, I'm more worried about the blanket-analysis that make me wonder if you have a cabin in the woods as a place to build bombs. But as long as you are an LCS employee who pencil-whips opinion-facts on the Technodrome forums, I'm hard pressed to support your POV during any of your more manic moments about the system. But you definitely have my open mindedness and support on those occasions where you've had a reasonable or well justified observation. You can be a bit deep in the "government paranoia" pool, but you have your moments of lucidity too.

I'd rather take a "down to the root government-paranoid self-thinker" than a woke $#!( supporter flinging stigmatizing labels to argue with their made-up-enemy as a way to feel better about themselves and their $#!( lives.
What I got out of this is that you work in or with the Government, like your cushy above the law setting & don't care about the little people being sh!t on daily by this terrorist admin.

I only wish I had a cabin in the woods.

If the fed boiis shoot my dog, rest assured I know who to check with first.
Old 08-25-2022, 06:27 PM   #48
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
I only wish I had a cabin in the woods.
So grab them bootstraps an' get sawin', Captain Freedom. Nobody's stopping you.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 09:58 PM   #49
Last Ronin
Hench Mutant

No.
It was a choice. You chose to go, knew the price of going went anyways many getting degrees in fields that are full or cutthroat or something stupid like poetry yet come out crying they can't pay it off, well tough cookies. Pay it off on your own. Although I believe College is too damn expensive to begin with.
Last Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 09:59 PM   #50
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Funny how for those voted into power it’s do as I say, not how I’ve benefitted…

Old 08-25-2022, 10:10 PM   #51
Leo656
The Franchise

It's almost like with politicians, every single thing they say is rhetoric to manipulate the emptions of the easily-led common rabble and none of it's actually sincere.

Imagine that!

And people wonder why I don't vote.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 11:03 PM   #52
MrPliggins
Foot Elite

I attended a for-profit art school (time period: early to mid-2000s). When I first visited, I was very naive. I had no personal finance education. The recruiters act like your best friend. They don't care if you're qualified to attend. They only care that you are approved for a loan. They sell the place to your parents, who were raised on the idea that if your kid goes to college, it guarantee their success. The school took advantage of this mindset. I got in by only showing one drawing. Once you sign those papers, the recruiter, who seemed like your best friend, will not say a word to you ever again.

Come graduation, more than half of the students couldn't get jobs because their work was sh*t. Now they're saddled with a mountain of debt for a field they can't get work in.

I will say that I was not one of them. I've had work in my field since graduation, and my career is thriving now. But it still took me 15 years to pay off my loan, and that was with always putting my extra money on the principal every month. Art school is too damn expensive. And they didn't even have a football team or stadium.

Forgiveness won't solve the problem, only ease the pain. Three things should happen: Personal finance should be taught in schools (probably won't happen because a lot of people benefit from society's bad money habits), nefarious recruiting practices should end (this is already happening as some for-profit schools are shutting down and being sued for this), and of course the burden of student loan debt could be reduced if college wasn't so damn expensive for no apparent reason. The idea is that your career should pay more when you go to college, so it's worth it. But more and more, that's not the case. It's a broken system and partial forgiveness is a temporary solution to a bigger problem.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 08:49 AM   #53
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPliggins View Post
I attended a for-profit art school (time period: early to mid-2000s). When I first visited, I was very naive. I had no personal finance education. The recruiters act like your best friend. They don't care if you're qualified to attend. They only care that you are approved for a loan. They sell the place to your parents, who were raised on the idea that if your kid goes to college, it guarantee their success. The school took advantage of this mindset. I got in by only showing one drawing. Once you sign those papers, the recruiter, who seemed like your best friend, will not say a word to you ever again.
Ahh, sounds like the Katherine Gibbs motto there. about the only good thing to come out of that was I Recognized the scam around the time I was supposed to get my 'diploma' and even before. Having never gotten A's before, suddenly I Was getting A's and B's. Felt rather good about myself until you realized that they where just stringing you along. needless to say, I never tried 'higher education' again.

we as a class even went so far as to entertain the notion of suing the school.

About the only good thing that came out of it was my love for learning 3D software.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 07:25 PM   #54
AquaParade
Banned

Will Supreme Court block this?

Will Congress allow it?
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 10:22 PM   #55
ChosenOne
Banned

No, I don't believe in Santa Claus. Especially not of the senile, child-sniffing variety.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2022, 09:09 AM   #56
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
What I got out of this is that you work in or with the Government, like your cushy above the law setting & don't care about the little people being sh!t on daily by this terrorist admin.
Well my point is that it isn't even remotely what you think it is. Also, that's a strange position to take out of what I said there, but it fits your operating model, I suppose. So at least you're a consistent weirdo.

But with that said, I can also tell you that you are the holder of a special and unique insight into things. So, make a note - if I ever PM you to warn you about what's coming, have a bug-out bag ready to go. We might be on different sides of employment, but I know that a man with your insightfulness can tell from my opinions that we have the same foundational beliefs. But seriously, bug-out-bag and be ready to go. But only when I clue you in. I will only do this for a select few people in every group I am in, both online and face-to-face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
It's almost like with politicians, every single thing they say is rhetoric to manipulate the emptions of the easily-led common rabble and none of it's actually sincere.
This is what I am also routinely trying to point out to the left. "They are manipulating you and you are dumb enough to fall for it and go out and fight your non-existent enemy istaphobes!"

But calling people dumb and hoping they change is hard because a dumb person will have the damndest time looking in the mirror and fessing up to how f'n dumb they have been.

But on that note, I am very proud of you for using the combination of words "easily-led common rabble" for what it is and without fear. It's not condescension. Instead, it's an unprotected and accurate attempt to shake people out of leftist manipulation.

Last edited by IMJ; 08-27-2022 at 09:15 AM.
Old 08-27-2022, 11:48 AM   #57
AquaParade
Banned

This is way too frustrating to debate online.

The idea of being called “selfish” for pointing out one of the many reasons this is a poor idea is just too much for even internet standards
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2022, 01:53 PM   #58
Coola Yagami
Overlord

My understanding is, the money is still gonna come from somewhere, so maybe Joe Public got their loans forgiven, but now the rest of us will have to pay off a loan we never asked for via higher taxes.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2022, 02:51 PM   #59
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
This is way too frustrating to debate online.

The idea of being called “selfish” for pointing out one of the many reasons this is a poor idea is just too much for even internet standards
Anyone saying that is simply exhibiting more of the same - someone low-IQ hiding behind the "everyone has a valid opinion!" argument like a 3rd grader and presenting only the information than the low-IQ can generate such as "helping people with money situations is good!"

I'm telling you man, the internet has occluded the reality of judging people in interactions completely. 90% of the people in these conversations, especially here - man if you interacted with them in real life you'd know right away it wasn't worth your time. But online, it's a blanket of words and unseen/unjustified credibility.
Old 08-27-2022, 05:09 PM   #60
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Well my point is that it isn't even remotely what you think it is. Also, that's a strange position to take out of what I said there, but it fits your operating model, I suppose. So at least you're a consistent weirdo.

But with that said, I can also tell you that you are the holder of a special and unique insight into things. So, make a note - if I ever PM you to warn you about what's coming, have a bug-out bag ready to go. We might be on different sides of employment, but I know that a man with your insightfulness can tell from my opinions that we have the same foundational beliefs. But seriously, bug-out-bag and be ready to go. But only when I clue you in. I will only do this for a select few people in every group I am in, both online and face-to-face.

This is what I am also routinely trying to point out to the left. "They are manipulating you and you are dumb enough to fall for it and go out and fight your non-existent enemy istaphobes!"

But calling people dumb and hoping they change is hard because a dumb person will have the damndest time looking in the mirror and fessing up to how f'n dumb they have been.

But on that note, I am very proud of you for using the combination of words "easily-led common rabble" for what it is and without fear. It's not condescension. Instead, it's an unprotected and accurate attempt to shake people out of leftist manipulation.
I already have a couple bug out bags. Thanks for the heads up.